Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

On 12/30/2020 at 12:34 AM, RormanNockwell said:

Okay but she erased an entire generation:

What about all these children and all their children's children?

What about the children's children? She only cares about the children and the children's children's children.

Ok but now that's just actively trying to find something to be upset about.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

35 minutes ago, Electric Body said:

Ok but now that's just actively trying to find something to be upset about.

It keeps me awake at night. I often wake up, shake my fists at the ceiling and then lie there for hours on end, fuming at the injustice

Sometimes I even throw stuff

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I really love love Hallucinogenics. It's definetly one of my fave collabs :flutter:

And I like 24..the bridge & outro are amazing!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

11 hours ago, JehovahThikness said:

whether you like it or not, i really think bartender is one of her most (if not the most) unique released songs. she really goes full on singer/songwriter here. even though she does basically the same with HIADT, i feel like bartender is the first happier piano ballad she's made lol i remember hearing the snippet and literally not knowing where the song could go next 

Bartender is magical, poor taste is why members here don’t love her 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

12 hours ago, JehovahThikness said:

whether you like it or not, i really think bartender is one of her most (if not the most) unique released songs. she really goes full on singer/songwriter here. even though she does basically the same with HIADT, i feel like bartender is the first happier piano ballad she's made lol i remember hearing the snippet and literally not knowing where the song could go next 

Bartender is a top 20 Lana track for me. I adore it, and hope she explores more meandering sounds like it on Chemtrails

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

16 hours ago, Pico Boulevard said:

I really love love Hallucinogenics. It's definetly one of my fave collabs :flutter:

And I like 24..the bridge & outro are amazing!!

yeeees ugh I LOOOOVE 24, I've always felt like if she performed the track live it would've become a fan fave - you're so right, the outro is EPIC :legend:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

On 12/29/2020 at 5:34 PM, RormanNockwell said:

Okay but she erased an entire generation:

What about all these children and all their children's children?

What about the children's children? She only cares about the children and the children's children's children.

The effect of skipping a generation can be interpreted as erasure; however, it can also be interpreted as whatever -- the parents (of the first children) did to fuck everything up -- lasting a really long time.

-----------------------------
Now I have to say something to make the above part of this post unlikeable:

Unpopular opinion (on why CWIMM is actually a good song):

It's a song that is a one-off in the sense that you can't really point to a lot of songs in her repertoire or other mainstream singers' repertoire that sound like it, so I would consider it an impressive song for that reason (along with her other admirably weird unreleased ones). 

However, if you think of Coachella as a collabo between Lana, Rick, and John Phillips Sousa, it does become a pretty cool song, imo (#witchyNecromancyForArt).

I doubt that there was much thought put into that one, it just flew smoothly that way and was  not intentionally crafted to leave anyone out.

it's just another way of her phrasing her worries about "the now" and the future

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

9 minutes ago, slang said:

it can also be interpreted as whatever -- the parents (of the first children) did to fuck everything up -- lasting a really long time.

this is how I’ve always taken it. The tension she is worried about is going to stretch multiple generations. We know she’s not the best with her wordings and this song is the furthest thing from any kind of ill intention

"Don’t forget me"

4 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

I feel like loving Swan Song used to be an unpopular opinion, and now the unpopular opinion is not loving Swan Song :delicious:

personally i dont like it

Lana should’ve ended Honeymoon with Swan Song and til this day of boggles my mind why she ruined the flow with that ugly DLMBM cover

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

18 hours ago, partymonster said:

religion - swan song the best 5 track run ever 

this is one my least favorite strings of Lana tracks. :rollin:

I understand why people like them but I could never hear Salvatore, the blackest day, 24 hours, and Swan song ever again and I’d be fine. It’s why honeymoon isn’t her magnum opus for me. 

i feel the same way about the run of sad girl, pretty when you cry, money power glory, and fucked my way. The first 5 tracks of UV are perfect and then those 4 are just ordered in the complete worst order and it ruins the magic of the first half. Pretty when you cry is great but next to sad girl doesn’t impact enough and then mpg and fmwuttt are so similar and boring to me. Old money is of course legendary so it whips things back into shape. 

this is all why NFR is without a doubt my favorite Lana album as a whole. There are like 3 songs that I could do without but it’s not an entire half of the record. 

there is no genre at all that salvatore would fit into. with this song she broke all boundaries. it's not my favorite song, but I wonder how she managed to create such a mysterious atmosphere. It's similar with Terrence Loves You. This song is so mysterious, it's almost as if it tells of a long forgotten time. Could it be that Lana is a Chanel that has access to the old great era?

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It