Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

6 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

I agree with all this except lmlylaw. Would you explain that to me? I'm genuinely curious :really:

mostly a joke but it's just such a snooze fest. so boring. i hate jack's piano and his work is rated low on my lists so i felt a jack produced song should be on there

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

20 minutes ago, daisy fresh bitch said:

mostly a joke but it's just such a snooze fest. so boring. i hate jack's piano and his work is rated low on my lists so i felt a jack produced song should be on there

Definitely agree with you there ahaha

Imo it's only the return of Lana's smooth vocals that make it a good song. But I am totally sick of his piano ballads. I would appreciate 1 per album and that's it lol.

3 minutes ago, CHIPCHROME said:

The Greatest is the best song on Norman by miles

Meanwhile How to Disappear, California, and NFR are the best songs on Norman by Lana :jack:

16 minutes ago, CHIPCHROME said:

The Greatest is the best song on Norman by miles. 

11 minutes ago, Sitar said:

Meanwhile How to Disappear, California, and NFR are the best songs on Norman by Lana :jack:

Meanwhile Venice Bitch remains unbothered :umadney:

sgopYhV.gif

Betty Boop Boop, Moi Je Joue, Neon Palmmm and Birds of a Feather are top tier tracks in my eyes but I realize that that's deeply disturbed.

My least fav Lana songs are maybe:

Break My Fall
Velvet Crowbar
Butterflies
Roses
Damn You
JFK
Starry Eyed
Lucky Ones
American
Love

But I can pick out at least something I like about all of them and going thru these made me realize that honestly none of her songs are completely unlistenable to me which is... a madness that both dazzles and dizzies me  :illumarina:

rmeoRD5.gifvUV63Kk.gif KXksriz.gif

.。*゚+.*.。𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷'

𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻...゚+..。*゚+

also I completely respect people's opinions on the VB music video and even I disliked it at first because it basically is lazy lol. after watching it while tripping though, i really understood the emotion and nostalgia that both the song and MV convey. it reminds me when the 'West Coast Official Audio' video was released on Youtube for the first time that just shows a loop of Lana spinning in a circle - I always thought it really matched with the audio! both videos feel like a thought loop that's actually comforting. as you can see from my sig i do really love the (few) visuals she provides, especially the seeing the black and white sunlight from under the trees. i might be a bit biased because the video does show vintage san francisco footage and i'm from there - it gave me a new appreciation of that part of the city that i never really had before. 

sgopYhV.gif

I hate that Chemtrails Over The Country Club is only 11 tracks long. It's too short. I definitely would pay for a deluxe with more songs on it.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

Most of her unreleased songs are dog shit awful but i still enjoy listening them cause it gives me the comforting feeling that theres a process to becoming an artist

Not to disrespect you or your opinion, how do you figure they're awful? She has such great unreleased songs: She's Not Me, Serial Killer, Us Against The World, Velvet Crowbar, I Talk to Jesus, etc.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

Not to disrespect you or your opinion, how do you figure they're awful? She has such great unreleased songs: She's Not Me, Serial Killer, Us Against The World, Velvet Crowbar, I Talk to Jesus, etc.

She definetely has some really good ones and some of my favourite songs are unreleased.  but i'm talking about the bulk of them that are  like betty boop boop, moi je jou, etc. And even the ones that aren't completely un-listenable, like making out,  still aren't really good songs. But it all shows growth and persistence in her artistry 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

4 minutes ago, baddisease said:

i used to feel the same way bc i only knew of the unreleased from my least favorite era/vocal style of lana's (2009-2011ish)– but now i know better and am pretty obsessed with the unreleased stuff from 2006-2008 and 2013 onwards.

aOaIzH2.gif

16 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

She definetely has some really good ones and some of my favourite songs are unreleased.  but i'm talking about the bulk of them that are  like betty boop boop, moi je jou, etc. And even the ones that aren't completely un-listenable, like making out,  still aren't really good songs. But it all shows growth and persistence in her artistry 

that makes sense.

my favorite thing is to listen to her Born To Die demos and it's fascinating to see how that album took its shape (though there are some demos that were better than the album version tbh)

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, orpheline said:

Betty Boop Boop, Moi Je Joue, Neon Palmmm and Birds of a Feather are top tier tracks in my eyes but I realize that that's deeply disturbed.

My least fav Lana songs are maybe:

Break My Fall
Velvet Crowbar
Butterflies
Roses
Damn You
JFK
Starry Eyed
Lucky Ones
American
Love

But I can pick out at least something I like about all of them and going thru these made me realize that honestly none of her songs are completely unlistenable to me which is... a madness that both dazzles and dizzies me  :illumarina:

M9G728M.gif

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

I love all of Lana’s records so much and there is not a single song in her discography that I dislike but I have to say - the vulnerability and intimacy of her entire artistic output as of late is totally enchanted by her vocals sitting atop a piano-driven instrumental. 

Songs like Let Me Love You Like a Woman and Chemtrails Over the Country Club have this quality to them that is subdued and defiant in a quiet way. Maybe my sensibility is just more rooted in something folkier and stripped down, but I love the richness of her voice with Jack’s production and the clarity of the piano. 

That being said, I also do love Rick Nowels’s, Dan Auerbach’s, Emile Haynie’s, and whoever else’s production - so so much. Again, I love everything. But I think at this particular stage in Lana’s life and career, Jack Antonoff really does an amazing job of conveying this stripped-down musical landscape that harkens back to Lana’s roots and showcases how she doesn’t need to hide behind any extravagant production (not that she EVER did, because everything she’s done, in my opinion, is amazing - and it’s been because of her, not solely because of any production ) - but it just goes to show that a song like Let Me Love You Like a Woman has a staying power and timelessness that is the result of Lana’s pure vocals, earnest lyricism, and a simple piano.

She doesn’t need a lot to shine - but when she does go bigger, she still shines just as much.