Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

i find it kinda surprising that people consider neon palmmm to be "unlistenable" or her "worst" i genuinely think it's good

to me, her worst or most "unlistenable" unreleased are:

- baby blue love

- betty boop boop 

- criminals rule the world

- delicious

- i was in a bad way

- bollywood hawaii

- match made in heaven

- roll with me (on the radio) 

- scarface

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

2 hours ago, boom like that said:

M9G728M.gif

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i find it kinda surprising that people consider neon palmmm to be "unlistenable" or her "worst" i genuinely think it's good

- baby blue love

- betty boop boop 

- delicious

- i was in a bad way

- bollywood hawaii

- match made in heaven

- scarface

The way I regularly listen to most of these complete and utter serves besides I Was in a Bad Way, Bollywood Hawaii and Criminals Run the World (because Maha Maha and Hit & Run exist) My taste :bebe:

rmeoRD5.gifvUV63Kk.gif KXksriz.gif

.。*゚+.*.。𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷'

𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻...゚+..。*゚+

1 hour ago, baddisease said:

that makes sense.

my favorite thing is to listen to her Born To Die demos and it's fascinating to see how that album took its shape (though there are some demos that were better than the album version tbh)

I love doing this with the btd demos. I made myself a cd of them in order to imagine what the whole album would be like unpolished. It's so fun. 

Some I genuinely can't decide which is better, or they have a few elements in them that I wish got mixed into the final. 

2 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

I love all of Lana’s records so much and there is not a single song in her discography that I dislike but I have to say - the vulnerability and intimacy of her entire artistic output as of late is totally enchanted by her vocals sitting atop a piano-driven instrumental. 

Songs like Let Me Love You Like a Woman and Chemtrails Over the Country Club have this quality to them that is subdued and defiant in a quiet way. Maybe my sensibility is just more rooted in something folkier and stripped down, but I love the richness of her voice with Jack’s production and the clarity of the piano. 

That being said, I also do love Rick Nowels’s, Dan Auerbach’s, Emile Haynie’s, and whoever else’s production - so so much. Again, I love everything. But I think at this particular stage in Lana’s life and career, Jack Antonoff really does an amazing job of conveying this stripped-down musical landscape that harkens back to Lana’s roots and showcases how she doesn’t need to hide behind any extravagant production (not that she EVER did, because everything she’s done, in my opinion, is amazing - and it’s been because of her, not solely because of any production ) - but it just goes to show that a song like Let Me Love You Like a Woman has a staying power and timelessness that is the result of Lana’s pure vocals, earnest lyricism, and a simple piano.

She doesn’t need a lot to shine - but when she does go bigger, she still shines just as much. 

I love Lana with the piano, but I'm really craving a guitar-centric album from her. Even the guitar flourishes on COTCC have me like... aching for more. Acoustic, electric... I just need more Lana + guitar in my life.

Doin' Time, which is Lana's best cover and I absolutely love, sounds like an incel song. Like a dude being upset his girl won't fuck him? Who complains about her fucking other people? Yikes.

giphy.gif

46 minutes ago, baddisease said:

Doin' Time, which is Lana's best cover and I absolutely love, sounds like an incel song. Like a dude being upset his girl won't fuck him? Who complains about her fucking other people? Yikes.

That song is about a girl who’s cheating on her boyfriend with numerous people, hence, it makes him feel like he’s “on lockdown like a penitentiary” - he feels imprisoned by his cheating partner. I wouldn’t call someone who is upset about being cheated on an “incel”. 

2 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

I love all of Lana’s records so much and there is not a single song in her discography that I dislike but I have to say - the vulnerability and intimacy of her entire artistic output as of late is totally enchanted by her vocals sitting atop a piano-driven instrumental. 

Songs like Let Me Love You Like a Woman and Chemtrails Over the Country Club have this quality to them that is subdued and defiant in a quiet way. Maybe my sensibility is just more rooted in something folkier and stripped down, but I love the richness of her voice with Jack’s production and the clarity of the piano. 

That being said, I also do love Rick Nowels’s, Dan Auerbach’s, Emile Haynie’s, and whoever else’s production - so so much. Again, I love everything. But I think at this particular stage in Lana’s life and career, Jack Antonoff really does an amazing job of conveying this stripped-down musical landscape that harkens back to Lana’s roots and showcases how she doesn’t need to hide behind any extravagant production (not that she EVER did, because everything she’s done, in my opinion, is amazing - and it’s been because of her, not solely because of any production ) - but it just goes to show that a song like Let Me Love You Like a Woman has a staying power and timelessness that is the result of Lana’s pure vocals, earnest lyricism, and a simple piano.

She doesn’t need a lot to shine - but when she does go bigger, she still shines just as much. 

I completely agree with all this! Rick Nowels, Dan Auerbach, and Emile Haynie have all done a ton of brilliant things with Lana and each of them have worked on some of her very best tracks, but her work with Jack is overall the strongest for me, and it really surprises me that a lot of people hate on him so much. I think he's super creative with how he works with Lana and he compliments where she's at brilliantly. Chemtrails title track in instantly a career highlight, the production is so delicate but subtly so intense as well. Venice Bitch is still the best thing she's ever done. The stark piano on Hope is just devastating. The Greatest is another career highlight. Everything he does on Violet is just beyond stunning and does not get nearly enough credit. I could go on and on but anyways, like you said, she doesn't need a lot to shine. Even her most stripped back music is incredibly cinematic, and I am personally happy that she has evolved beyond the grand melodrama of some of her past music, which don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore. But I want her to keep digging deeper into her soul and her art and that's exactly what she's been doing. I can't wait for this record and I just know it's going to emotionally floor us.

29 minutes ago, baddisease said:

i don't think that somebody being angry or frustrated about their partner cheating on them would make them an incel

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

20 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I completely agree with all this! Rick Nowels, Dan Auerbach, and Emile Haynie have all done a ton of brilliant things with Lana and each of them have worked on some of her very best tracks, but her work with Jack is overall the strongest for me, and it really surprises me that a lot of people hate on him so much. I think he's super creative with how he works with Lana and he compliments where she's at brilliantly. Chemtrails title track in instantly a career highlight, the production is so delicate but subtly so intense as well. Venice Bitch is still the best thing she's ever done. The stark piano on Hope is just devastating. The Greatest is another career highlight. Everything he does on Violet is just beyond stunning and does not get nearly enough credit. I could go on and on but anyways, like you said, she doesn't need a lot to shine. Even her most stripped back music is incredibly cinematic, and I am personally happy that she has evolved beyond the grand melodrama of some of her past music, which don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore. But I want her to keep digging deeper into her soul and her art and that's exactly what she's been doing. I can't wait for this record and I just know it's going to emotionally floor us.

Exactly! I find that as Lana grows both in her life and as an artist, her music ripens - like we said, I love everything she’s done so much and I would never pit her records against each other. But I do think that Jack brings out a side of her that bares her artistic spirit and integrity all the more. Norman and Violet are such beautifully-crafted projects and you’re so right. I think they’re an amazing team and really bring out the best in each other. Lana’s voice and delivery of lyrics has become so much more an instrument in her music since she started with Jack as he kind of lets her lead the song, rather than having a heavier beat dictate the pulse or have a sweeping string part guide Lana. And of course, I love every song of hers that does that - again, I would never want to discredit her past work.  It’s just that with Jack, Lana is the one who commands the entire song more than ever before. I love the vulnerability and organicity that he brings to her artistry. It’s soulful and I think the room he gives her to breathe sonically has encouraged her to go deeper on all levels. 

Ugh, we already talk about this all the time, but you always just get it! :wub: I’m so excited for Chemtrails and I can’t wait to discuss it all with you! <3

8 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Exactly! I find that as Lana grows both in her life and as an artist, her music ripens - like we said, I love everything she’s done so much and I would never pit her records against each other. But I do think that Jack brings out a side of her that bares her artistic spirit and integrity all the more. Norman and Violet are such beautifully-crafted projects and you’re so right. I think they’re an amazing team and really bring out the best in each other. Lana’s voice and delivery of lyrics has become so much more an instrument in her music since she started with Jack since he kind of lets her lead the song, rather than having a heavier beat dictate the pulse or have a sweeping string part guide Lana. And of course, I love every song of hers that does that - again, I would never want to discredit her past work.  It’s just that with Jack, Lana is the one who commands the entire song more than ever before. I love the vulnerability and organicity that he brings to her artistry. It’s soulful and I think the room he gives her to breathe sonically has encouraged her to go deeper on all levels. 

Ugh, we already talk about this all the time, but you always just get it! :wub: I’m so excited for Chemtrails and I can’t wait to discuss it all with you! <3

Yessss! I can't wait!! :wub::wub:

I'll never forgive Rick Nowels* and Dan Heath for the overproduced mess that is the album version of Body Electric knowing the 2012 live version... it could've been one of her best tracks.

*Since redeemed by Honeymoon title track

rmeoRD5.gifvUV63Kk.gif KXksriz.gif

.。*゚+.*.。𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷'

𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻...゚+..。*゚+

21 hours ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

- baby blue love

- betty boop boop 

- delicious

- i was in a bad way

- bollywood hawaii

- match made in heaven

- scarface

I genuinely like roll with me, delicious, match made in heaven, and scarface. I won't turn off criminals run the world or bollywood hawaii off if they come on, but I understand why someone wouldn't like them

11 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

why is My Best Days unironically becoming one of my fav ever Lana songs..... my taste is so horrible

cause the way she says "baddest dreams"

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

1 minute ago, suicideblonde said:

Love is a good song. Top three on lust for life and top 15 Lana songs for me. stop hating on her :wink:

Love's magical, my first Lana single, didn't even know the mess behind its release...I was just so happy she was dropping new songs :bebe:

Capture.jpg

I hate it when she changes the lyrics to BTD live to "Let me f**ck you hard in the pouring rain" The fact that it just doesn't make any literal sense always annoyed me, specially when everyone always goes wild when she sings it lmao

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

2 minutes ago, Formation said:

I hate it when she changes the lyrics to BTD live to "Let me f**ck you hard in the pouring rain" The fact that it just doesn't make any literal sense always annoyed me, specially when everyone always goes wild when she sings it lmao

how does that not make sense? she wanna fuck him while it's pouring rain. it's mysterious n sexy 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

3 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

how does that not make sense? she wanna fuck him while it's pouring rain. it's mysterious n sexy 

The shower is fine, but outside in the rain? :wtf: It's neither mysterious nor sexy. Anyway, the fact that a dumb line like that even requires this level of thought is why I hate it

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore