Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I feel like Lana has been self censoring herself ever since LFL... especially because the leaked demos recently circulating on twitter, I just find it unfortunate she felt the need to create a happier version for the album.... I do think NFR felt more open to truth and raw but im excited to see if Chemtrails is also censored.  

On 1/22/2021 at 3:12 AM, Formation said:

I hate it when she changes the lyrics to BTD live to "Let me f**ck you hard in the pouring rain" The fact that it just doesn't make any literal sense always annoyed me, specially when everyone always goes wild when she sings it lmao

wasnt that always the original lyric tho

emile haynie ruined born to die. the production on that album is so overrated when lana's writing is really what makes it so unique imo, i always find myself listening to the demos over the final products. some of those samples are just so overused and songs like national anthem and TIWMUG feel like all the life and personality has been sucked out when you compare them to the demos. 
giphy.gif

i love you, but you don't understand me.

9 minutes ago, new gods said:

emile haynie ruined born to die. the production on that album is so overrated when lana's writing is really what makes it so unique imo, i always find myself listening to the demos over the final products. some of those samples are just so overused and songs like national anthem and TIWMUG feel like all the life and personality has been sucked out when you compare them to the demos. 
giphy.gif

i like his production on the album and i have to give the album credit for being her most popular and most "iconic" album, but i feel like it's the album i listen to the least :toofunny: i agree that the production on the album is lack-luster, i do find myself preferring the earlier versions of the album's songs, i think the worst for me are diet mountain dew, million dollar man, and lolita, i've always preferred the demo versions of diet mountain dew, the demo version of million dollar man is perfect and it didn't need any more production, and the album version of lolita is a mess, but born to die is still an iconic album and it deserves respect regardless...

and also, i don't like blue jeans

giphy.gif

WGe8ynS.gif

4 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

and also, i don't like blue jeans

giphy.gif

A fellow sister in the Anti Blue Jeans Organization?

giphy.gif

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

Just now, boom like that said:

A fellow sister in the Anti Blue Jeans Organization?

giphy.gif

i just never really enjoyed it :toofunny: and i feel like i should because i think the abrasive "shout" sample is great and i like the songwriting but i never really have a desire to listen to it :toofunny: i just think the song isn't really pleasant to listen to :tsk:

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i just never really enjoyed it :toofunny: and i feel like i should because i think the abrasive "shout" sample is great and i like the songwriting but i never really have a desire to listen to it :toofunny: i just think the song isn't really pleasant to listen to :tsk:

Blue Jeans is the only single off BTD that I just never liked or could get into (and I didn't like most of the singles apart from BTD until they eventually grew on me). Its the only song off BTD that I find cringey and it just embodies 2012 Tumblr and thats before I found out that it was completely cannibalized by Tumblr :toofunny: I never liked the melody either, and just like you said, a unpleasant song to listen too :bebe:

34h2wyS.gif

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

8 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

While Ultraviolence is a good album, Honeymoon is superior in every way

As much as I think of them as equals, as time passes Honeymoon grows stronger with each listen :oop: Both will always be apart of my holy trinity but Honeymoon.. shes the glorious sister that she always knew she was :ma:

34h2wyS.gif

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

42 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

blue jeans is such an awkward song and it's hard to pin point why exactly lmao, i think maybe the chorus and the verses don't really go well together melodically idk something just feels off.. :eek2:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

49 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

While Ultraviolence is a good album, Honeymoon is superior in every way

nonsense. Ultraviolence and Norman Fucking Rockwell both are superior to Honeymoon in every way.

1 hour ago, nxtlvl said:

Lana didn’t have a good album until NFR. 

go away

giphy.gif