Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

1 hour ago, partymonster said:

wasnt that always the original lyric tho

I've always thought that too (not sure if she said it herself or what) but also it's not in any of the demos, right? Either way, glad she changed it because I would like the song less :hooker:

Anyways, Television Heaven is top 5 unreleased, and it the superior sister track to Video Games.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

12 hours ago, Formation said:

I've always thought that too (not sure if she said it herself or what) but also it's not in any of the demos, right? Either way, glad she changed it because I would like the song less :hooker:

Anyways, Television Heaven is top 5 unreleased, and it the superior sister track to Video Games.

I always wonder how lucky Lana was that she was so famous, because her excellent music is clearly not commercial. When "Video Games" came out, the radios were in the age of easy short pop and electronic music from Avicii, and his songs were not announcing great success.
It truly is a miracle that she reached that superstar rank today.
It wasn't really won and I'm proud of her.

I really hope for a comeback for these baroque pop sounds like "Born to die" someday otherwise I'll die and no, "Born to die" is not an overrated album, it's just perfect. He does not age and will never get old. It is timeless and its production sounds very Lana.

If she would have released "Let me love you like a woman" or "Chemtrails" as her first single, she wouldn't have caught anyone's attention.

I think Lana has watered down her craft to

appeal to the critics. 

Roses Bloom For You sounds pretty much like everything from NFR, I don’t see why people want it so much. 

If you look at Candids from 2020 and her recent photoshoot with Neil Krieg, you can see how ‘touched’ those pics are. 

Lana is nobodies feminist so I wish when she says something dumb on Instagram, she wouldn’t follow up with “It’s because I’m a woman isn’t it!”

34 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

i cant stand Chunk. I just cant even look at her face. Shes annoying me sooooo much for literally no reason:bebe:

maybe it's because i like artistic people (even if i dont really love their art) and i like women and i think she's pretty but i'm okay with chuck... like i've come to terms with her. sometimes she still annoys me so much for no reason but i'm trying to improve my feelings towards her :awkney:

sUcVobB.png

10 minutes ago, MagdaleneRay said:

Shocked at how like everyone just kinda brushed over the fact she reiterated the I wish I was dead already sentiment, like she’s probably deadass lol

when?

6 minutes ago, MagdaleneRay said:

It was her IG story on the 10th

this was just my personal take, but to me this came off as more of a statement of her controversy? or at least that’s what i thought when i heard that particular recording being used. maybe a lot of people also thought the same?

5 minutes ago, electra said:

this was just my personal take, but to me this came off as more of a statement of her controversy? or at least that’s what i thought when i heard that particular recording being used. maybe a lot of people also thought the same?

That’s valid but personally, I think it’s bigger than the controversy, if you listen to the full audio of her saying she wants to die like it’s obvious the wanting to be dead thing wasn’t symbolic like she clearly meant what she said

Obviously she’s not dead, fame money and celebrity alone are not enough to keep breathing for, she’s alive because she feels her purpose as an artist is larger than her 

“Not really. I feel a strong relationship with God and I feel my ties are with him. That's how I honestly feel. Everything I do, I do it for somebody I've never met before, something in the great beyond. That's my primary relationship, really, is with something divine. I feel a connection as real with that as I've ever had with anybody on this earth. -quote from 2014

6 minutes ago, MagdaleneRay said:

That’s valid but personally, I think it’s bigger than the controversy, if you listen to the full audio of her saying she wants to die like it’s obvious the wanting to be dead thing wasn’t symbolic like she clearly meant what she said

Obviously she’s not dead, fame money and celebrity alone are not enough to keep breathing for, she’s alive because she feels her purpose as an artist is larger than her 

“Not really. I feel a strong relationship with God and I feel my ties are with him. That's how I honestly feel. Everything I do, I do it for somebody I've never met before, something in the great beyond. That's my primary relationship, really, is with something divine. I feel a connection as real with that as I've ever had with anybody on this earth. -quote from 2014

i understand the quote was definitely about her actually wanting to die, which was really sad, but for me looking at the video alone, that audio on top of all those vids of her being a bad bitch makes it feel more that way. but i guess either way is a totally valid way of looking at it. regardless, i hope she’s doing okay this year. last year was pretty hard :/

5 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

I have only listened to AKA like twice and was bored. 

Does anyone have a full playlist so I can try and actually listen again fr?

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Honeymoon as an album showcases more lyrical growth than NFR 

As a narrative NFR is her most cohesive album

Blaming Jack/Chuck/Neil whomever for the aesthetic choices that Lana makes never makes sense to me 

BTD is her worst album cover

On 1/27/2021 at 6:31 PM, ShadesOfFool said:

Thanks I’m gonna try to force myself to stay awake for thru it

:wtfney:

Imagine sleeping on songs like Brite Lites, Kill Kill, Mermaid Motel or Jump; can’t relate :beyonce: 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif