Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

LFL is not a bad album in fact it's in my top three :brows:

Honeymoon, NFR, LFL/Ultraviolence are tied

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

I think it's gonna be unpopular but I really hate that Lana is friends with this Courtney Love b***. I am a big fan of Nirvana and Kurt Cobain, I read quite a few books about his death and saw a flood of reports on his personality, I must have spent hours watching old videos of him during her tours finally, I don't know how this witch can have the life she has today and the fact that everyone has forgotten makes me sick. I'm really pissed off that she isn't in jail, even though we don't know the truth there is so much about her that brings her closer to a possible murder and her unhealthy behavior with Krist and Dave speaks a lot (royalties, whims, nastiness...).

I know Lana is a fan of Nirvana, and being friends with Courtney is a way to get closer to Kurt but shit, I was never able to digest her friendship with this horrible woman and it pisses me off deeply that these showbiz people close their eyes and keep inviting her to ceremonies and parties when shit, it makes me sad for Kurt. Lana disappointed me so much when she took this bitch on her tour and all that friendship stuff, she's not a real fan sorry. I had hoped when Frances yelled at him that it would definitely put their friendship in the trash but no, she forced to be it again and this time it's final and it annoys me so much. Lana, don't say you love Kurt because no, you close your eyes to what happened to him and like everyone else. I know she fantasizes about rockers and drug addicts but it's fucked up.

She really annoys me when she does things like that.

After everyone has their opinion on the matter, others believe and others do not. I want to say that Courtney makes good music but I hate this bitch and all the people she made to die around her for her cause and her money.

46 minutes ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

I think it's gonna be unpopular but I really hate that Lana is friends with this Courtney Love b***. I am a big fan of Nirvana and Kurt Cobain, I read quite a few books about his death and saw a flood of reports on his personality, I must have spent hours watching old videos of him during her tours finally, I don't know how this witch can have the life she has today and the fact that everyone has forgotten makes me sick. I'm really pissed off that she isn't in jail, even though we don't know the truth there is so much about her that brings her closer to a possible murder and her unhealthy behavior with Krist and Dave speaks a lot (royalties, whims, nastiness...).

I know Lana is a fan of Nirvana, and being friends with Courtney is a way to get closer to Kurt but shit, I was never able to digest her friendship with this horrible woman and it pisses me off deeply that these showbiz people close their eyes and keep inviting her to ceremonies and parties when shit, it makes me sad for Kurt. Lana disappointed me so much when she took this bitch on her tour and all that friendship stuff, she's not a real fan sorry. I had hoped when Frances yelled at him that it would definitely put their friendship in the trash but no, she forced to be it again and this time it's final and it annoys me so much. Lana, don't say you love Kurt because no, you close your eyes to what happened to him and like everyone else. I know she fantasizes about rockers and drug addicts but it's fucked up.

She really annoys me when she does things like that.

After everyone has their opinion on the matter, others believe and others do not. I want to say that Courtney makes good music but I hate this bitch and all the people she made to die around her for her cause and her money.

I really don’t think that Kurt would like anyone trashing his wife if he was still here ngl. Also, I don’t think Lana is friends with Courtney just to feel closer to Kurt in some weird way. Probably in the beginning she wanted to get to know Courtney to hear about Kurt but I think she just likes her. Plus, Courtney is a bit of an icon herself.

Personally, I always felt sad for Courtney as she is always blamed for his death. That must be really horrible to hear from people who have no idea what your relationship was actually like. I’m a big Nirvana fan and I love Kurt but I think the accusations of her being responsible for his death are absolutely DISGUSTING and it shits all over Kurt’s memory. It’s so disrespectful to him imo

Just to add on: I don’t think Courtney is a good person and I don’t want to give the impression that I like her or anything. I just feel sad that she has to live with loads of people telling her that her husband’s blood is on her hands. That’s all

Edited by Angelic Tropico

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

7 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

I remember when LFL came out In My Feelings was my fav song, and tbh that was taste right there! It’s not necessarily my fav anymore but it’s a highlight tbh. I’ll never get the widespread hate for it. 

Cherry will forever be that song. But I always loved in my feelings and hate the hate for it too.

IMG-3521.jpg

@Angelic Tropico

It's good to have this opposite opinion, it's interesting. Seen like that, I hate a little less when you say that Lana just wanted to get to know her, but I don't know this woman is so confused...

You're right when you say it's horrible to speculate because we don't know them personally, but this woman doesn't inspire me confidence, a murderous vibe.

We may never know the truth, which is a shame because it divides a lot of people. If she really hasn't done anything, I feel infinitely sorry for what I said and ashamed of myself, but there are too many weird things that bother. I know Kurt worshiped his wife like a God (heart shaped box), but in the end they wanted a divorce and their relationship seemed to be abusive. Then all these people who frequented very closely either had problems or they died mysteriously. After all, one can speculate for years and years.

When with Lana, I hope she stops associating with her, and even though Courtney is an icon in spite of herself, she brings bad vibes.

26 minutes ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

@Angelic Tropico

It's good to have this opposite opinion, it's interesting. Seen like that, I hate a little less when you say that Lana just wanted to get to know her, but I don't know this woman is so confused...

You're right when you say it's horrible to speculate because we don't know them personally, but this woman doesn't inspire me confidence, a murderous vibe.

We may never know the truth, which is a shame because it divides a lot of people. If she really hasn't done anything, I feel infinitely sorry for what I said and ashamed of myself, but there are too many weird things that bother. I know Kurt worshiped his wife like a God (heart shaped box), but in the end they wanted a divorce and their relationship seemed to be abusive. Then all these people who frequented very closely either had problems or they died mysteriously. After all, one can speculate for years and years.

When with Lana, I hope she stops associating with her, and even though Courtney is an icon in spite of herself, she brings bad vibes.

Well everything you’ve brought up about why you hate or extremely dislike her is all hearsay from bias sources and coincidences with no actual evidence linking them together. To say you could speculate about her murdering her husband or that someone should disassociate from her because she gives “bad vibes” is immoral imo. She’s a stranger to us so to have such extreme views of her based on no real evidence is not right (again imo). Lana can hang out with whoever she wants.

I know that we feel we know everything about celebs because of the media but the truth of the matter is that we know nothing at all. We see what the celeb wants us to see or what the media thinks is a juicy storyline. Who are we to judge when we know nothing about the reality of their lives?

Kurt would absolutely hate this Courtney Love murderer conspiracy. He was always open about how he struggled with suicidal thoughts, loved his wife and how he hated being called a victim. Now for the past 20 years, he’s being called a victim because people think Courtney murdered him. Literally everything he hated all wrapped up in one theory. It’s really sad that his memory is tarnished with this conspiracy theory

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

@Angelic Tropico

I don't trust her but like you said we don't know them personally and we judge their lives by guesswork. The investigation that I had read in a book seemed serious enough to approach strange leads and question her about it (doses of heroin too strong, telephone conversations...). Again, this was an unpopular opinion and an opinion I wanted to share, I suspected that there would be people who would find it a little mean.

We do not know. There is a possibility that Kurt could have hated his wife the last few days and resented her forever, like not at all. We don't know what was going on in his head the last few days and maybe he had a great hatred for her.

Kurt wasn't an angel, but I don't think he was a bad guy. Just unhappy by various events in his life. I sincerely think if he wouldn't have met Courtney that he would be alive.

It's an interesting subject, and if you collect all the evidence you find, it's really weird and all of it keeps me from loving Courtney like no other.

For Lana, I got carried away earlier, she does what she wants and it's not me who will prevent her from having the friends she wants, but this association will always disappoint me (until 'until we have a real truth).
Afterwards, so much the better if the fans like and appreciate.

She doesn’t need to tour again unless she’s actually gonna sing at least 9 songs from the current album. I honestly don’t understand why she toured for NFR when she sang 4 or less songs from the album each show, by the time she came to me she cut Mariners. Is her voice just not well enough live to sing newer tracks? I’m really not interested in her touring or doing festivals post COVID for this album unless she’s gonna take the time to make live arrangements for them.

What’s with her recent obsession with country music and being “folky”? Like every interview it’s country this folk that (excluding her political commentary). 

I want her to know that 98% of her core fan base has zero interest in “folk” music, nor 98% of casual listeners either. There’s a reason everyone at her shows wants her to sing Off to the Races and Cherry and not her new shit.

maybe I’m just stuck in the past or maybe she’s just no longer my taste, but I’m so sick of her trying to make us believe she’s some around the way cowgirl who just wants to write poems in her log cabin lmfao

like girl you are rich and live in LA with an army of clones, please stop trying to make this aesthetic happen 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

2 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

What’s with her recent obsession with country music and being “folky”? Like every interview it’s country this folk that (excluding her political commentary). 

I want her to know that 98% of her core fan base has zero interest in “folk” music, nor 98% of casual listeners either. There’s a reason everyone at her shows wants her to sing Off to the Races and Cherry and not her new shit.

maybe I’m just stuck in the past or maybe she’s just no longer my taste, but I’m so sick of her trying to make us believe she’s some around the way cowgirl who just wants to write poems in her log cabin lmfao

like girl you are rich and live in LA with an army of clones, please stop trying to make this aesthetic happen 

I mean she can write in whatever genre she wants, it’s art it’s doesn’t necessarily have to be her complete reality. Also at least she’s keeping it fresh and hasnt pulled out 7 albums with the born to die sound

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

3 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

if it's something that's real for her, she should be able to do it, i'm excited to hear her "folk" and "country" work because i honestly prefer a naturistic, organic sound instrumentally and she's not going to keep making the same kind of music she did back in 2011, and i think it's really sweet that she's inspired by the mid-west / south, it doesn't bother me, even if she's rich and she's from l.a, also, she's done "folk" before, with her work on "sirens" so it's not like it's something she's never done before

pink rose gif - Free animated GIF - PicMix

Just now, gasstationkween said:

I mean she can write in whatever genre she wants, it’s art it’s doesn’t necessarily have to be her complete reality. Also at least she’s keeping it fresh and hasnt pulled out 7 albums with the born to die sound

She can experiment with whatever sound she wants, she’s a dynamic artist which is what I adore about her. And you must follow your muse always. 

but folk and country music suck and I wish she’d get over this phase already because no one but her is enjoying it :agree2:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

8 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

I don't think she cares :awkney:

12 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

She can experiment with whatever sound she wants, she’s a dynamic artist which is what I adore about her. And you must follow your muse always. 

but folk and country music suck and I wish she’d get over this phase already because no one but her is enjoying it :agree2:

Tbh, I thought your comment about her social life and future artistic endeavours was kinda reductive, but...

Spoiler

I guess on some level, I lowkey relate to that. I kinda checked out on Lana, with the approach she had on NFR. I definitely love more instrumentally driven music, but like I said several times there is something about Jack's production that just leaves me completely indifferent, almost turns me off from the music. For me it's not really a matter of what genre she explores, but rather the approach/execution. I'm just not here for plain/lackluster production. I truly think she could pull off any genre with the right producer. :tsk:

25 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

15 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

I have to agree.

Love our girl so much but I'm not a fan of her recent endeavors. I didn't really care for NFR and I'm kind of scared that I might not care for COCC.

I often don't pay attention to her discography after L4L. I don't really find it interesting tbh, but I still support her artistic moves and what she decides to do.

Part of me thinks that it has to do with maturity. She & her lyrics have always been mature, but part of me thinks she's trying to distance herself from the image that everybody thinks of when they think of her, the Born To Die Lana.

Anyways I just want her pre NFR self back NNNNNN

Idk if any of this makes sense so.. sorry yall LOL

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee