Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

I don't think she cares :awkney:

she should :awkney: 

1 hour ago, Robert Kennedy said:

I have to agree.

Love our girl so much but I'm not a fan of her recent endeavors. I didn't really care for NFR and I'm kind of scared that I might not care for COCC.

I often don't pay attention to her discography after L4L. I don't really find it interesting tbh, but I still support her artistic moves and what she decides to do.

Part of me thinks that it has to do with maturity. She & her lyrics have always been mature, but part of me thinks she's trying to distance herself from the image that everybody thinks of when they think of her, the Born To Die Lana.

Anyways I just want her pre NFR self back NNNNNN

Idk if any of this makes sense so.. sorry yall LOL

yeah it's good and even necessary for an artist to grow and evolve. she's def making a conscience decision to distance herself from her old image, but damn girl rebranding as a country singer is a little excessive lmfaooooooooo

*i realize there are in fact people who listen to folk and country music lol, i simply am not one of them. nor are most lana fans i know across here, twitter, and the real world. so i wish she'd take a hint lolol

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

It's not like she's singing Carrie Underwood tracks here, she may be exploring a more folk/country sound but she definitely puts her own uniquely Lana spin on all her music. I also wouldn't call this is a recent interest of hers. Lana has been talking about her folk idols and interests for a long time, she's always been working towards this sound. She's like a folk singer who got swooped up into the world of pop music, and I think the balance between the two gives her such a special and specific vibe. 

Anyways her best album is coming so I don't think she needs to take any hints :diva:

30 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Anyways her best album is coming so I don't think she needs to take any hints 

Will be writing this down in case you change ur mind <3

DCooper, Page 440, Unpopular Lana Opinions, Posted February 18th, 2021

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

I have 0 problems with the collabs on CoCC. Unike L4L and BPBP, which were forcefully re-written to be collabs (and it shows), BUS was a duet from the get-go and I really prefer the For Free version that featured Weyes and Zella. Plus none of those featured artists are as annoying as Spongebob Nicks and the Screechnd.

I don't think CoCC is even in the top 3 of her best title tracks so far. It's a nice song but it's just so shallow compared to Born To Die, Honeymoon or Norman F*cking Rockwell. I'm not sure whether I like it more than UV, so it would be myleast favourite title track, not counting the horrendeous Lust For Life with the Weeknds castrato voice.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

6 hours ago, DCooper said:

She's like a folk singer who got swooped up into the world of pop music

This. This is how I’ve always felt about Lana. It’s always been clear folk (and country) were at the heart of her music since the very beginning. When BTD came out, even with the big production, I saw Lana as more of a folk singer than a pop star, just not limited to standard acoustic “folk” instrumentals. She was just freshening it up a bit, making it hers. Even when she first got signed by 5 Points, she was primarily a “folk singer” but as she expanded her pallet artistically, AKA grew into something nowhere close to folk anymore. And I truly do believe that each change in her artistry since the very beginning was her own growth, not people pushing certain sounds or ideas on her. Just like how the folk influence has been apparent since the beginning, the pop & hip hop & rock & jazz influences, etc. she’s displayed over the years is still there too and is part of her. She’s never been solely folk, but its like she’s always blended folk with other genres into something uniquely hers. (Sorry I got carried away lol)

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

40 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

This. This is how I’ve always felt about Lana. It’s always been clear folk (and country) were at the heart of her music since the very beginning. When BTD came out, even with the big production, I saw Lana as more of a folk singer than a pop star, just not limited to standard acoustic “folk” instrumentals. She was just freshening it up a bit, making it hers. Even when she first got signed by 5 Points, she was primarily a “folk singer” but as she expanded her pallet artistically, AKA grew into something nowhere close to folk anymore. And I truly do believe that each change in her artistry since the very beginning was her own growth, not people pushing certain sounds or ideas on her. Just like how the folk influence has been apparent since the beginning, the pop & hip hop & rock & jazz influences, etc. she’s displayed over the years is still there too and is part of her. She’s never been solely folk, but its like she’s always blended folk with other genres into something uniquely hers. (Sorry I got carried away lol)

:omfg2:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

I think people often forget that this is the unpopular opinion thread and not the "I love everything she does, the next album is always going to be her best" thread. There are pre and post release threads for that. It's kind of the thread you come in with the opinion you think you'd otherwise get tomatoes thrown at you for. :)

Ultraviolence is extremely overrated. She tried to make this dark, unlistenable record happen but in the end, half of the songs aren't even remotely rock-oriented, and most of the songs aren't better than those on her other albums. The unhealthy vibe of this era absolutely doesn't get to me, although in theory, I would've loved a darker, rockier turn. It just didn't have that much depth. And the things she said or implied on social topics are way worse than what she said in 2020.

7 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

NFR is extremely overrated. She tried to make this light & organic alternative, unlistenable record happen but in the end, half of the songs aren't even remotely rock or alternative oriented, and most of the songs aren't better than those on her other albums. Also, the mixing ruins the whole experience. The organic/wanna be vagabond poet vibe of this era absolutely doesn't get to me, although in theory, I would've loved a more instrumentally driven, rockier turn. It just didn't have that much depth. And the things she said or implied on her so called more "mature" songs, aren't what they are cracked up to be and some of the lyrics were just plain and corny.

I co-wrote this.

2 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

wanna be vagabond poet :eartha::eartha::eartha:

this seems to apply to chemtrails more than to nfr though, she didn't act like that much of a poet on nfr

I didn't invent that, the dearly departed, and legendary user, @Valerie was spilling during the pre and post release of NFR. She was right all along. :hooker:

1 hour ago, Max said:

I think people often forget that this is the unpopular opinion thread and not the "I love everything she does, the next album is always going to be her best" thread. There are pre and post release threads for that. It's kind of the thread you come in with the opinion you think you'd otherwise get tomatoes thrown at you for. :)

Right, I don’t come here to debate and be corrected I come here to BITCH and MOAN :agree2:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

Lana is hardly folk, her may jailer work explored a folk sound but from aka onwards itself she’s explored a retro inspired rock/baroque amalgamation or trip hop sound and a pop melody.

I’d hardly call any cotcc sound so far folk, it’s more so a alternative/indie singer songwriter sound, maybe there’s a hint of folk but it’s 100 percent not country.

unpopular opinion: 

you're crazy, actually. you actually are insane... to do that it is very odd behavior and that is very weird... like, i'm telling you, i swear, it is very weird, i'm just letting you know.

do you ever just... gaze at horizons?

original.gif

Ultraviolence is HIGHLY overrated and it shouldn't. Some of the lyrics make no sense, the excess of reverb in some tracks is annoying, and the production can be really overwhelming. Most of the demos and outtakes are miles better than the final product. It would have been better as an EP :creep:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: