Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

4 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

i hate Violet and couldnt care less about the second upcoming book:bye: i read it once and its sitting on my shelf

Hate is a strong word and Violet certainly doesn’t deserve that. It’s a cute project; especially combined with the audiobook.
I‘m definitely keeping an eye on your bad taste for the lipsters :assad:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

1 minute ago, lamms said:

Hate is a strong word and Violet certainly doesn’t deserve that. It’s a cute project; especially combined with the audiobook.
I‘m definitely keeping an eye on your bad taste for the lipsters :assad:

yeah hate might be a bad word, i just dont care about it at all:oprah3:

13 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I always loved the Yayo Paradise version most. 

Don't get me wrong, I was STUNNED when I discovered the AKA version and I swear that was a spiritual experience, but the Paradise version is the one that grew on me and I think it has her best vocals, hands downs. She just carries it with such intensity and longing in the Paradise version, even though I do think the song was meant to be a sweet little lullaby like the AKA version, and how she plays it live with guitar. 

This is why were besties 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

19 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Don't get me wrong, I was STUNNED when I discovered the AKA version and I swear that was a spiritual experience, but the Paradise version is the one that grew on me and I think it has her best vocals, hands downs. She just carries it with such intensity and longing in the Paradise version, even though I do think the song was meant to be a sweet little lullaby like the AKA version, and how she plays it live with guitar. 

I absolutely agree with this. There is something so dark and raw, yet much more emotionally fulfilling about the Paradise version. It's actually one of the few songs from Paradise I can still listen to.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i don't know if this unpopular on lanaboards but it most definitely/probably is among the gp/non lb lana fans.... i can't stand queen of disaster :sadcore3: i don't mind the verses, i actually might like them, but the chorus is so annoying to me i can't handle it... the only part i truly LOVE is the background screaming and ahhhhing.... but ughdsghjfkdhlzgj i can't deal with most of the song. it's probably also because it's one of her most well known unreleased, and also i heard it before i even really got into lana not knowing it was her so it just feels very middle school and immature to me

sUcVobB.png

8 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i don't know if this unpopular on lanaboards but it most definitely/probably is among the gp/non lb lana fans.... i can't stand queen of disaster :sadcore3: i don't mind the verses, i actually might like them, but the chorus is so annoying to me i can't handle it... the only part i truly LOVE is the background screaming and ahhhhing.... but ughdsghjfkdhlzgj i can't deal with most of the song. it's probably also because it's one of her most well known unreleased, and also i heard it before i even really got into lana not knowing it was her so it just feels very middle school and immature to me

me too sis, it's very annoying omfg :icant:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

13 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i like queen of disaster, but i can relate with not liking some of her most well-known unreleased... i don't really like serial killer or you can be the boss :derpna2: they're okay, but i hardly listen to them... :oopna:

WGe8ynS.gif

14 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i like queen of disaster, but i can relate with not liking some of her most well-known unreleased... i don't really like serial killer or you can be the boss :derpna2: they're okay, but i hardly listen to them... :oopna:

i usually don't listen to most of her well-known released, a lot of the time they're just kinda.... palatable. and a little empty :creepna3: but they're fun to listen to once in a while and are good to prance around my room to :dance: 

sUcVobB.png

Just now, honeybadger said:

i usually don't listen to most of her well-known released, a lot of the time they're just kinda.... palatable. and a little empty :creepna3: but they're fun to listen to once in a while and are good to prance around my room to :dance:  i just don't really connect to them in any significant or emotional way

i like a very large majority of her unreleased, but there's a few that i think are overrated (yes to heaven, serial killer, you can be the boss, etc.) and there's a few that i just don't like (jealous girl, betty boop boop, roll with me, etc.) but i think it's amazing that i love a very large majority of her unreleased work, whether it's a bright & girly pop song, like marilyn monroe, or a simplistic, yet emotive folk song, like money hunny, i know that lana's a truly special artist when i love all of her work, even if it's evolved so drastically over the years :smile: 

WGe8ynS.gif

Just now, LemonadeHeavens said:

i like a very large majority of her unreleased, but there's a few that i think are overrated (yes to heaven, serial killer, you can be the boss, etc.) and there's a few that i just don't like (jealous girl, betty boop boop, roll with me, etc.) but i think it's amazing that i love a very large majority of her unreleased work, whether it's a bright & girly pop song, like marilyn monroe, or a simplistic, yet emotive folk song, like money hunny, i know that lana's a truly special artist when i love all of her work, even if it's evolved so drastically over the years :smile: 

yes there are so many i LOVE even if it's more upbeat or girly or bright, i should have made that more clear gadlk;hfgs... i could probably count on both hands the songs i don't like that much in her entire discography (which is HUGE so that's a massive feat. and i'm usually very picky with music). i'm totally in the same boat as you in that i love basically all of her work so much. and i also think yes to heaven is kinda overrated... what taste :kiss3:

queen of disaster is honestly a huge outlier, i'm not sure why it gets on my nerves so much when there's probably 8+ songs that sound pretty similar in her discography that i LOVE. so i don't really get it :bebe:

sUcVobB.png

20 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

i read somewhere that yayo paradise version came about cause she was reworking aka lizzy grant with emile but her label didn’t want that so she just put yayo on paradise? probably not true but would love if she actually ended up doing that

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Never understood the hype of "Ultraviolence" being one of her best homemade videos. Yes, the bar is very low, but I would say that it's one of the worst and that I enjoy watching LMLYLAW more. :bebe:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I miss when she seemed to be so invested in her music and her art. She used to be in interviews nervous as hell and be straight up weird, but the second they asked her about actual music, she would perk right up and get so excited. She loved talking about “her records” and what they mean to her and how she made them, etc. 

when she performed live, she seemed like she actually cared. She would get sad during the sad songs, smile during the happy ones, etc. Idk how to describe it, other than the fact that she seemed like she really just *felt* it. Same with her music videos, they just felt more personal and like she actually took pride and effort in making them. 

now, I think the word I would use to describe her is “aloof.” She could care less these days, that’s the vibe I’m getting. I understand that she’s about to be like a ten year vet in the industry, so ofc shes older and less bright-eyed about everything, but still. It all just feels so impersonal now. 

Her interviews are about anything but music, and when she does actually remember she’s a musician and not a politician or a psychologist, she’s like “oh yeah I made the record, it’s okay I guess.” Her live performances, she seems bored. She just kinda sways around and barely sings, fussing about her vape instead of the people paying to hear her perform. Half the time she looks like she’d rather be somewhere else. Music videos (except for Chemtrails I will give her that) look like they were made on an iPhone in her backyard. Because they were. 

And I’m not making this about “ugh NFR sucks hahaha” because I’m not even talking about the music itself. I just mean her. She has reason to be more mature and jaded and perhaps tired and “over it.” But if you’re so over it, take a vacation instead of just seeming bored and frustrated. The music is gonna hit regardless bc Shes Lana Del Rey and she is incapable of making bad music. But if she doesnt want to do it anymore, or at least right now, girl take a break. You seem so disinterested in music lol. 

Damn i fucking ramble a lot

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Homemade videos from the AKA period have an amateurish, poorly done thing that I really like, and that makes more sense to me. It was really Lana, that thing.

The high definition clips annoy me, I don't like the cameras that are too sharp on her. Something is missing in his new clips. I don't like the iPhone 8mm format since NFR it sounds too wrong, it's too sharp, too premeditated and simulated.

Chuck's Pawn Shop Blues video is messed up, and definitely everything this girl touches in relation to Lana is messed up, she's too basic. There are some beautiful moments in the clip but this but this fake super8 ruins everything.

Ultraviolence is a too hated video. I liked it directly, and it was an instant crush. This clip made in fact super8 amateur made quickly on laptop in one afternoon is what I miss about her, her little iconic moments like that, very vintage.

12 minutes ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

Homemade videos from the AKA period have an amateurish, poorly done thing that I really like, and that makes more sense to me. It was really Lana, that thing.

they were very special, they have a very specific amateur, yet nostalgic and creative vibe that i haven't seen from any other artist or era of lana's career before, every music video has something unique and special about it, every clip she ripped off of youtube, and every outfit she was wearing, they all fit each respective video very nicely and they all have a very creative, nostalgic vibe, my favorite is mermaid motel :heart: 

WGe8ynS.gif

1 hour ago, ShadesOfFool said:

I miss when she seemed to be so invested in her music and her art. She used to be in interviews nervous as hell and be straight up weird, but the second they asked her about actual music, she would perk right up and get so excited. She loved talking about “her records” and what they mean to her and how she made them, etc. 

when she performed live, she seemed like she actually cared. She would get sad during the sad songs, smile during the happy ones, etc. Idk how to describe it, other than the fact that she seemed like she really just *felt* it. Same with her music videos, they just felt more personal and like she actually took pride and effort in making them. 

now, I think the word I would use to describe her is “aloof.” She could care less these days, that’s the vibe I’m getting. I understand that she’s about to be like a ten year vet in the industry, so ofc shes older and less bright-eyed about everything, but still. It all just feels so impersonal now. 

Her interviews are about anything but music, and when she does actually remember she’s a musician and not a politician or a psychologist, she’s like “oh yeah I made the record, it’s okay I guess.” Her live performances, she seems bored. She just kinda sways around and barely sings, fussing about her vape instead of the people paying to hear her perform. Half the time she looks like she’d rather be somewhere else. Music videos (except for Chemtrails I will give her that) look like they were made on an iPhone in her backyard. Because they were. 

And I’m not making this about “ugh NFR sucks hahaha” because I’m not even talking about the music itself. I just mean her. She has reason to be more mature and jaded and perhaps tired and “over it.” But if you’re so over it, take a vacation instead of just seeming bored and frustrated. The music is gonna hit regardless bc Shes Lana Del Rey and she is incapable of making bad music. But if she doesnt want to do it anymore, or at least right now, girl take a break. You seem so disinterested in music lol. 

Damn i fucking ramble a lot

I did not read your message before posting and I think exactly like you.

The artist she was at the beginning and now has changed, yes in the meantime she has become a superstar, an icon, but until 2015-2016 she still had this "old Lana" thing that reminded us of her art at the top.

Now we feel that she has succeeded, she has achieved her goal and her dream, she knows that her fans will buy everything she offers since she has understood the magic recipe for making good music and no longer cares about the rest.

She is very self-centered, bordering on narcissism, and her recent scandals remind me of an authentic girl who has become too spoiled, a princess like a rich 18-year-old girl.

I miss her awkwardness at the start, her smiles, her red cheeks and her shyness. Her garage jackets too haha. She has gained confidence, that's good, but part of her authenticity is definitely gone. She's calculating her image too much now and it ties in with my post where I think she lost that "lana del rey" thing where she seemed so proud of her music videos, her songs, her life, everything.

The advantage is that she will never release bad songs and thank God, but yes this old Lana, shy, young in Hollywood, emotional, her so particular way of making her songs with arrangements of her own has disappeared to make way has a rich star far from reality as Lady Gaga has become over time...

She would have entered the music market with what she offers today, I wouldn't have really paid attention.

Authentic Lana before> Lana Del Rey today

15 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

ils étaient très spéciaux, ils ont une ambiance amateur très spécifique, mais nostalgique et créative que je n'ai jamais vue d'un autre artiste ou d'une autre époque de la carrière de lana auparavant, chaque vidéoclip a quelque chose d'unique et de spécial à ce sujet, chaque clip qu'elle a arraché de youtube, et chaque tenue qu'elle portait, ils s'adaptent tous très bien à chaque vidéo respective et ils ont tous une ambiance très créative et nostalgique, mon préféré est le motel de la sirène :cœur: 

Exactly it was just fucking unique and unique for an artist and never seen before. This feeling was perfect. Mermaid Motel is also my favorite music video ♥ and I want her to re-edit this album or give us old songs / photos / anecdotes for this era that really deserves to be official in her discography.