Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

39 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion: I hate Love.

ย 

I hate her voice in it, the words, melodies, the vibe... It puts me in an agitated mindset that it's the opposite of what I feel when I listen to her other songs.

ย 

I can't even listen to the demo. The instrumental is more bearable, but as soon as she starts singing, I want it to stop

One of my least fav songs sheโ€™s ever released- I listen to LFL pretty regularly but never to this song. I just find it so boring & lackluster.

aOaIzH2.gif

1 hour ago, BluebirdXO said:

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion: I hate Love.

ย 

I hate her voice in it, the words, melodies, the vibe... It puts me in an agitated mindset that it's the opposite of what I feel when I listen to her other songs.

ย 

I can't even listen to the demo. The instrumental is more bearable, but as soon as she starts singing, I want it to stop

ย 

This song is so hated, she don't deserve thisย :rollin:

For my part I would like to talk about it because it is one of the songs that did not disappoint me when it was released, and the clip was absolutely sublime. It was fresh and new coming from Lana after a hopeless dark Honeymoon. Despite the fact that it was quite new, I think she had a certain consistency in herย universe, more pop and more radio, and then she had a big buzz that day. When I heard the chorus it was too much, what an atmosphere. The impression of being in the stars with her. The frozen winter and the exoplanets found that day. And then the cover, a beauty! Too pretty, I can't digest the bland cover of Lust for life with its strange smile.

ย 

This title had its universe and stood out from the rest, and I regret that Lust for life did not look like this for the clips (disappointing era and I do not forget Cherry that we never had), I wanted so much a Lana atmospheric conquer the stars with space mermaid songsย 

In retrospect Lana telling Azealia to get a new psychiatrist and psych drug cocktail was a bit :toofunny:ย  especiallyย ย since Iโ€™m like 99%ย sure Lana would go ham if someone said that to her.ย obviously I lean towardsย Lanaโ€™s side in that debate and I know Azealia said a bunch of nasty horrid stuff to herย but out of all the things she couldโ€™ve criticized her on,ย she chose her mental health :noparty:ย uh couldโ€™ve just said โ€œat least I didnโ€™t bite a night guardโ€™s nipple like youโ€ย or something and left it at thatย 

sgopYhV.gif

2 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

In retrospect Lana telling Azealia to get a new psychiatrist and psych drug cocktail was a bit :toofunny:ย  especiallyย ย since Iโ€™m like 99%ย sure Lana would go ham if someone said that to her.ย obviously I lean towardsย Lanaโ€™s side in that debate and I know Azealia said a bunch of nasty horrid stuff to herย but out of all the things she couldโ€™ve criticized her on,ย she chose her mental health :noparty:ย uh couldโ€™ve just said โ€œat least I didnโ€™t bite a night guardโ€™s nipple like youโ€ย or something and left it at thatย 

Ya it was very cringe and she should have never even taken the bait

ย 

thatโ€™s why I feel Like this next record could be absolutely dreadful. Sheโ€™s very bad at defending herself in a way that doesnโ€™t come off as like 14 year old boy talking shit on call of duty on Xbox :rip:ย 

5 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

She needs to drop the Joni act and go back to doing dream-pop/psychedelic music. I need more Venice Bitches, Cruel Worlds/Shades of Cool type songs for the summer.ย 

To be fair, Iโ€™d say the UV era was more of an โ€œactโ€ โ€” the smoky-eyed psych rock goddess shtick is definitely moreso an outlier in her career than what sheโ€™s doing now. Go back to the beginning, and see that it all started with very unadorned, Joni-esque singer-songwriter material โ€” whether she was tying beats to it in the BTD era or adding fuzzy guitars for UV, I think COTCC kind of represents where sheโ€™s always been drawn.

o4qjp4j.png

The lyrics to Yosemite are some of her most basic to date, but I still really enjoy the song.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedย Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.ย 

ย 

9 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

The lyrics to Yosemite are some of her most basic to date, but I still really enjoy the song.

don't let salvatore see this

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

24 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Itโ€™s true itโ€™s true! But I still love it sm. Especially the โ€œi remember watching how deep was my valleyโ€ part

30 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Lyrically it sort of chills for a couple minutes but

Then I was thinkingย how deep was the canyon that you came from?

is one of the bestย Lana lines period

I want her to wear that red and white dress on her story in an mv for Wild at Heart

Serve

Oh wait I thought this was the COCC thread but this is probably unpopular so it stays

Oh actually imagine she wears it on the RCS cover

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

12 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

ย 

me too, sis, me tooย :agree:

love annoysย the shit out of meย :delicious:

I hate Love too.

2 hours ago, anwdelrey said:

She needs to drop the Joni act and go back to doing dream-pop/psychedelic music. I need more Venice Bitches, Cruel Worlds/Shades of Cool type songs for the summer.ย 

Yes to all this. I'm not amused with this Joni hippie folk shit.

7 hours ago, anwdelrey said:

This is embarrassing.ย :toofloppy:ย Just say you donโ€™t like folk music.ย Her recent music isnโ€™t any more like Joni Mitchell than her old music was, in fact itโ€™s actually less so. Joni Mitchell was never a folk singer. She was mostly an experimental jazz musician, if you could even put her in a box. In fact, Venice Bitch and Cruel World and Shades of Cool are way closer to Joni Mitchellโ€™s musicย than anything on COTCC (except maybe Yosemite). I suggest you go listen to The Hissing of Summer Lawns, thenย go find an actual โ€œfolkย musicianโ€ to hate on (thereโ€™s lots to choose from!)ย :kiss3:ย :byeh8rs2:

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

9 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

This is embarrassing.ย :toofloppy:ย Just say you donโ€™t like folk music.ย Her recent music isnโ€™t any more like Joni Mitchell than her old music was, in fact itโ€™s actually less so. Joni Mitchell was never a folk singer. She was mostly an experimental jazz musician, if you could even put her in a box. In fact, Venice Bitch and Cruel World and Shades of Cool are way closer to Joni Mitchellโ€™s musicย than anything on COTCC (except maybe Yosemite). I suggest you go listen to The Hissing of Summer Lawns, thenย go find an actual โ€œfolkย musicianโ€ to hate on (thereโ€™s lots to choose from!)ย :kiss3:ย :byeh8rs2:

ย 

Folk musicians don't deserve any hate

On 12/10/2020 at 8:48 AM, Doll Harlow said:

Big Eyes is a masterpiece and one of her best songs

ย 

:party:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

ย 

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Isย This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

I'm not a fan of folk music or jazz or whatever it isย ? BUT because I love Lana so much, songs I would haveย otherwise never gotten into, I've gotten into bc of her, like on COCC. Ughย ??? Still hoping for a strong production for RCS but ye

50 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

heroin is her most powerful song

ย 

It's one of her most mysterious songs, I wish she wrote more "disturbing" lyrics like that.

ย 

22 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

One of my least fav songs sheโ€™s ever released- I listen to LFL pretty regularly but never to this song. I just find it so boring & lackluster.

ย 

I actually thought for a long time that Lust For Life was the album opener since I took Love out lol.