Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

7 hours ago, recklessdaughter said:

This is embarrassing. :toofloppy: Just say you don’t like folk music. Her recent music isn’t any more like Joni Mitchell than her old music was, in fact it’s actually less so. Joni Mitchell was never a folk singer. She was mostly an experimental jazz musician, if you could even put her in a box. In fact, Venice Bitch and Cruel World and Shades of Cool are way closer to Joni Mitchell’s music than anything on COTCC (except maybe Yosemite). I suggest you go listen to The Hissing of Summer Lawns, then go find an actual “folk musician” to hate on (there’s lots to choose from!) :kiss3: :byeh8rs2:

I've never actually listened to Joni so ig that comparison was wrong. But anyways my point still stands. I don't mind the album I just don't vibe with the folkier sound as much.

Idk if it's because i've been playing it so much, but the flaws of COCC are definitely starting to come out for me. Dark But Just a Game is very good, but it is rather dry.  I wish there was something more interesting about the production or the lyrics to make it really pop. 

Dance Till We Die...probably one of her least eventful songs ever until the bridge literally SAVES it.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

53 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Idk if it's because i've been playing it so much, but the flaws of COCC are definitely starting to come out for me. Dark But Just a Game is very good, but it is rather dry.  I wish there was something more interesting about the production or the lyrics to make it really pop. 

Dance Till We Die...probably one of her least eventful songs ever until the bridge literally SAVES it.

i love DTWD but i usually skip to the clementine part when i listen to it, i usually just want to move on :bebe: but i love it so much anyways

sUcVobB.png

55 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

At the moment I have no criticism for DBJAG, but I'm now wondering if it will follow the path Cherry did for me- best song ever for the first 3 months, so groovy and sexy, but then you realise the production really is off and lacking what would have made it a 10/10 song. 

2 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

At the moment I have no criticism for DBJAG, but I'm now wondering if it will follow the path Cherry did for me- best song ever for the first 3 months, so groovy and sexy, but then you realise the production really is off and lacking what would have made it a 10/10 song. 

the only real criticism i have rn of DBJAG is that the verses sound like they were recorded with the p*per and the chorus doesn't and the lack of consistency is kinda annoying

sUcVobB.png

I’ve hardly listened to COCC this week :(

I listened to the leak, but didn’t play it tooooo much (other than wild at heart)

After taking a little break from it, im just not itching to come back to any of these songs right now the same way I was her previous albums which is sad. 

think the leak and release hype might have got the best of me with how I rank it amongst her other albums 

33 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

No because it sounds like Portishead and Portishead's music is timeless :agree:

But speaking of LFL - if I'd heard DBJAG and didn't know it was a COCC song, I would've easily believed it to be an LFL outtake. I feel like she's taken elements from each of her past albums for this one.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

6 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

No because it sounds like Portishead and Portishead's music is timeless :agree:

But speaking of LFL - if I'd heard DBJAG and didn't know it was a COCC song, I would've easily believed it to be an LFL outtake. I feel like she's taken elements from each of her past albums for this one.

Definitely, and I do think dbjag will be timeless, or at least nostalgic in a good way, 10-20 years from now.

In some ways this album feels pretty close to BTD and I can't explain why, or maybe it's closer to AKA. the writing maybe. 

On 3/25/2021 at 9:32 PM, littleredpartydress said:

I’ve hardly listened to COCC this week :(

I listened to the leak, but didn’t play it tooooo much (other than wild at heart)

After taking a little break from it, im just not itching to come back to any of these songs right now the same way I was her previous albums which is sad. 

think the leak and release hype might have got the best of me with how I rank it amongst her other albums 

I find myself coming back to White Dress, Wild at Heart and DBJAG but that’s it.

Tbh I liked COCC upon first listens but the songs that I have on repeat the last couple of days are Yosemite , White dress, TJF,  DBJAG and BUS .  I don't listen to the whole album from start to finish . I don't know maybe in some months that will change because I still like it as a whole . I had the same problem with NFR and the things were even worse because when I first listened to it when it got released I was so frustrated when I didn't like many songs on there . As time passed I started to appreciate it more but unfortunately It's one of my least favorites of hers even though I do enjoy more songs on the album that I did initially and that saddens me because I really wanted to like it :cryney: 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

LFL title track is better than NFR title track:hooker:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: