Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I don't think none of the unreleased material (with a few exceptions like Fine China or Your Girl) is better than the officially released one. Her unreleased songs, especially the older ones, are fun and cute and everything but they don't compare to any of her official albums. 

ultraviolence is her sexiest music video. the finger sucking, the orange eating and the wedding dress *chefs kiss*

it's also very eerie too like she just got married but she escaped with this man who took her out to the woods and he's filming all these close up shots of her cause he admires her beauty. i think the video we got fits the song better than the scrapped freak video, the beginning of the songs just sounds like a tragic off-key wedding tune.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Wolf is one of my favorite unreleased of hers . The instrumentals are amazing and it evokes a sense of mystery , a strange energy :makeup2:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

On 3/19/2021 at 5:50 PM, TRENCH said:

EP 3

Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind  
God Bless America - And All The Beautiful Women In It  
When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing  
Beautiful People Beautiful Problems  

Tomorrow Never Came

I always end up skipping this particular bulk of songs, they contain ALL the aspects I like in Lana's music the least - from Overly Long Titles and cringey political lyrics to the annoying folk collaborators. Without those LFL is a fine lil summer EP featuring both BTD and Honeymoon vibes at the same time.

2 hours ago, Party1949 said:

I always end up skipping this particular bulk of songs, they contain ALL the aspects I like in Lana's music the least - from Overly Long Titles and cringey political lyrics to the annoying folk collaborators. Without those LFL is a fine lil summer EP featuring both BTD and Honeymoon vibes at the same time.

yeah she tried to be too "in the moment" with some of these songs. like booty ppl booty problems is more of a storytelling song which is ok, whereas cocohella- my mind is too on the nose and couldn't decided between acoustic or trap. Either have the whole record be about the wolrd and how youre perceiving it or just have it be about your growth ala Get free, Heroin and Love

I think my biggest problem with Norman is how long it took for it to come out. UV/HM had perfect (to me) rollouts, LFL had a slight hiccup, nothing dramatic.. even COTCC’s 6 month delay wasn’t all that bad 

but almost a whole year between first single and album REALLY was overkill. Not to mention HIAB had been teased since the beginning of 2018, and LFL was already over a year old by the time MAC came out 

I really think the rollout left a huge bad aftertaste in my mouth that really affected how I perceived NFR, even to this day. There are SO many good ‘dual’ tracks on the album (MAC/VB, FIILY/TG, CG/HTD) but as a whole, the album is a mess that had no right taking as long as it did to come out. 

Plz don’t come for me, this is the unpopular opinion thread 

"Don’t forget me"

On 3/28/2021 at 10:57 AM, anwdelrey said:

I find myself coming back to White Dress, Wild at Heart and DBJAG but that’s it.

Literally same omg. Really excited for RCS though ?

Only half the album of Chemtrails is good, if even that much. Is this an unpopular opinion?

But I have always supported queen mother every era and stream it regardless.

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

14 minutes ago, surf noir sweetheart said:

i rlly like this is what makes us girls and i dont know why ppl hate it in the fandom so much :toofunny: i wanna know why no-one likes this song

I also like it. It's not great, but it's listenable

COCC is my least favorite album by miles :bebe: 

I let the hype get the better of me so much and was not objective at all, but upon digging into the lyrics this is the first album of hers where many of the songs annoy me to the point of not even being able to finish them

wild at heart and COCC are still excellent however 

can she stop whining about how she hates being famous on the next album please

5 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

COCC is my least favorite album by miles :bebe: 

I let the hype get the better of me so much and was not objective at all, but upon digging into the lyrics this is the first album of hers where many of the songs annoy me to the point of not even being able to finish them

wild at heart and COCC are still excellent however 

can she stop whining about how she hates being famous on the next album please

hard agree

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

Nicole did a better job at capturing Lana's essence through pictures than Neil. 

Don't get me wrong, Neil is still a great photographer but I don't think his work with Lana has been good since UV. The LFL and COCC pics were just...bad. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 hour ago, surf noir sweetheart said:

i rlly like this is what makes us girls and i dont know why ppl hate it in the fandom so much :toofunny: i wanna know why no-one likes this song

it’s one of her best songs lyrically no it’s true  :teehee:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

I actually really like "24" and "Guns and Roses". I get that they may seem a bit off or boring to some tho :oic2:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif