Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

5 hours ago, lili said:

I really don’t know if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but I really like Velvet Crowbar. I like how raw and agitated she sounds in the chorus which fits perfectly with the lyrics conveying the anxiety around the possibility of losing a loved one. 

One of her best unreleased songs :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

8 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

I think the only reason I'm okay with the nikki collab album is because I just want lana to move on from Jack already, no matter what it is

to me it’s just like trading one person a lot of fans don’t like for another 

i feel like lana made these songs with nikki when she was in a rut and didn’t know which direction to go in. now that she knows, i’m hoping she just keeps the songs or lets nikki release them bc she doesn’t seem to be in that same headspace anymore, u can kinda tell from her performance last night 

16 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

to me it’s just like trading one person a lot of fans don’t like for another 

i feel like lana made these songs with nikki when she was in a rut and didn’t know which direction to go in. now that she knows, i’m hoping she just keeps the songs or lets nikki release them bc she doesn’t seem to be in that same headspace anymore, u can kinda tell from her performance last night 

Your opinions, every time I read them, are like gold tbh and I really hope you are right ugH ♡

NFR is her worst title track 

Lolita is an overproduced mess and my least fave Lana song

Happiness is a flop and not a butterfly 

The Greatest is lyrically really good but I don't like the sound , production and melody of it

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

11 hours ago, May said:

yeah i really don’t care if i get dragged for this but straight-up imo the more she leans into country, the worse her music gets. i think a full country album would be straight up bad. idc if i sound like a ‘local’ but i rly haven’t stanned lana del rey for 10 years just for her to strip back everything that made her unique, and blindly follow a regression in artistry and sound.

SPILL its making me so depressed:noparty:this is pretty dramatic but if Rcs is another folk country flop then i think im unstanning

15 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

The Greatest is lyrically really good but I don't like the sound and melody of it

:agree:

i personally cannot stomach HIAB anymore... and "if he's a serial killer then what's the worst that can happen to a girl who's already hurt" might be my least fav lana line of all time, it's like someone took all her lyrics and plugged them into AI and that's what it spit out

i hope u have given lolita demos a chance though... the final version is an atrocity

sUcVobB.png

Born to Die is a bad album (lyrics, overproduction, being repetitive and kinda GP-bait) , but Paradise is amazing.

Off To The Races, Video Games and Million Dollar Man are career highlights.

Lolita is her worst song.

Yayo (Paradise Version) is better than A.K.A. Version.

Ultraviolence is great, but the tracklist could have been better.

Money Power Glory would fit thematically better on Born to Die.

The Other Woman is amazing.

Guns N Roses is amazing, but humans aren't ready for this conversation.

Honeymoon is her second best album (NFR! is the first).

24 is a great song.

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood is a good cover.

Lust for Life could have been a career highlight, but it was actually worse than Born to Die. It felt like two different albums and the tracklist was too long. Most of the songs sound very similar when it

comes to the production (Same with Chemtrails Over the Country Club, but in this case, it didn't felt repetitive, boring or outdated). Even if it's not a really good album, it has some of Lana's best songs (Love, 13 Beaches, Cherry, Tomorrow Never Came, Change, Heroin and Get Free).

I can't stand the God Bless America... fart noises.

Summer Bummer, Groupie Love, Beautiful People Beautiful Problems and Tomorrow Never Came are amazing as solo tracks (The features totally ruin them for me, except Tomorrow Never Came).

Roses Bloom For You should've been the album intro, I hate how it got scrapped after so much teasing, just like Yosemite.

NFR! is her best album, but it's not free from skips. Architecture was a superior song (it just needed some lyrical improvements in the repetitive chorus) and The Next Best American Record doesn't fit 100% on the album.

California-The Greatest would be a great transition.

COCC would be a perfect album if For Free had a better ending.

Most of the unreleased songs are trash and should've been deleted from existence.

7 hours ago, JehovahThikness said:

imo west coast is *okay* when compared to shades of cool (!!!!), cruel world (!!), brooklyn baby, flipside..hate to admit it but i'm not the biggest fan of the g-funk synth..

i think this is the worst opinion ive seen in this thread :oprah3:

while we're on the topic of west coast, i think it's one of her best songs imo :nails: it hasn't aged a day for me. i can listen to it whenever and it still sounds so fresh, unlike shades of cool, which i used to love but i never find myself revisiting. i feel that way about most tracks from UV actually... i only still listen to west coast, florida kilos and maybe pwyc & sad girl. 

ive also always said honeymoon was my favourite album but i find myself listening to btd + paradise tracks more these days

13 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Change is actually really good and one of her most heartfelt and understated lyrical moments.

I agree, "Change" is one of my fav songs on lfl

Also, I don't really know if this is an unpopular opinion, but the transition between Burnt Norton interlude and Religion is just heavenly :wub:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

1 hour ago, honeymo0n said:

Also, I don't really know if this is an unpopular opinion, but the transition between Burnt Norton interlude and Religion is just heavenly :wub:

This! Also Religion-Salvatore and Honeymoon-MTWBT

2 hours ago, Pico Boulevard said:

The Greatest is lyrically really good but I don't like the sound , production and melody of it

agree with all of this :thumb2:

btd as a whole feels very overproduced the demos are much better and more fun to listen to

i love you, but you don't understand me.

in a weird way the overproduction of BTD is one of the things i love about it. like it's just SO much, it's insane and over the top and kitschy - if you'll let me use that word - and very 2012.

some tracks on BTD are TOO overproduced though - lolita especially. some songs i really prefer demos of (lolita obviously, as well as diet mtn dew & without you) but the over the top-ness of BTD is just fun to me :dance:

sUcVobB.png

17 minutes ago, new gods said:

agree with all of this :thumb2:

btd as a whole feels very overproduced the demos are much better and more fun to listen to

Yeah it’s weird to think how much I loved it at the time. It’s still iconic and I’d rank it above some other works but the beats feel kinda dated and that Rick James scream needs to die

10 hours ago, JehovahThikness said:

imo west coast is *okay* when compared to shades of cool (!!!!), cruel world (!!), brooklyn baby, flipside..hate to admit it but i'm not the biggest fan of the g-funk synth..

I agree.  Cruel World and Brooklyn Baby eat West coast. The song is still v cool and sexy though, but i wouldn't say its the best song on UV, let alone the best song of her career like everyone else seems to think. 

I will say that WC live hits better than the studio version though.