Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

-Architecture should have been on LFL, The Next Best Mess ain't it
-Lolita, Lucky Ones and Diet Mountain Dew are some of the best tracks on Born To Die
-She needs to get rid of Jack, his production feels so bland when he's working with Lana. Her last two albums are missing the overdramatic elements that made me fall in love with her
-Doin Time is the only good music video she's made since after the Lust For Life era
-She should get a creative director for her next era

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

44 minutes ago, Still Sane said:

-Architecture should have been on LFL, The Next Best Mess ain't it
-Lolita, Lucky Ones and Diet Mountain Dew are some of the best tracks on Born To Die
-She needs to get rid of Jack, his production feels so bland when he's working with Lana. Her last two albums are missing the overdramatic elements that made me fall in love with her
-Doin Time is the only good music video she's made since after the Lust For Life era
-She should get a creative director for her next era

I agree with almost everything, except Doin' Time music video (for me it was ugly, the only part that I liked was Lana with the wig) and that she needs a creative director. She just need to work with better photographers and video directors (you can see that she have the right ideas, the execution that it's usually sloppy). She also don't really need to promote. Her fanbase is loyal and it's always growing 

the saving grace of the final version of lolita for me is the harmonies and how they play into the instrumental. the "i know what the boys want, i'm not gonna play" and the "whistle all you want, but i'm not gonna stay" are so haunting and it's fantastic. personally, my favorite version of lolita is the 2nd demo. 

imageproxy.jpg

8 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

the saving grace of the final version of lolita for me is the harmonies and how they play into the instrumental. the "i know what the boys want, i'm not gonna play" and the "whistle all you want, but i'm not gonna stay" are so haunting and it's fantastic. personally, my favorite version of lolita is the 2nd demo. 

i agree with this! i also love the kind of playground chanting when she says "D-A-R-K"; i think if the song was just a little less noisy, it'd be much better and less disliked among fans and critics

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I want her to sing in full voice on the next album like BTD, none of this whispery falsetto -variation is needed like low notes, high notes and some falsetto.

I feel this was more of a lizzy problem she brought back after UV.

aka though I adore it, has a lot of whisper sections.

On 4/2/2021 at 12:27 PM, surf noir sweetheart said:

i rlly like this is what makes us girls and i dont know why ppl hate it in the fandom so much :toofunny: i wanna know why no-one likes this song

it's the "lana how i hate those guys" line for me, every time i hear it i remember that cursed electra heart drawing from tumblr and it makes me cringe immediately

and also, the overall message of the song is um... questionable to say the least, but the production is great!

2 hours ago, honeybadger said:

in a weird way the overproduction of BTD is one of the things i love about it. like it's just SO much, it's insane and over the top and kitschy - if you'll let me use that word - and very 2012.

some tracks on BTD are TOO overproduced though - lolita especially. some songs i really prefer demos of (lolita obviously, as well as diet mtn dew & without you) but the over the top-ness of BTD is just fun to me :dance:

I love the production! A lot of people on here talk about BTD being overproduced, but I honestly think it's perfect. The strings, the beats, the yelling/cheering/animal noises/sound effects all contribute to the chaotic, manic vibe of the album, and it still makes me go crazy after all these years lol

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

I want her to sing in full voice on the next album like BTD, none of this whispery falsetto -variation is needed like low notes, high notes and some falsetto.

I feel this was more of a lizzy problem she brought back after UV.

aka though I adore it, has a lot of whisper sections.

I'm the extreme opposite, I prefer her Lizzy/post-UV voice. It sounds more natural and fits better the songs.

Lana should learn how to play the piano and general music theory so she can have more ownership over the production side of her music. More instruments in her music, pleaseee

I’m not a Jack Antonoff fan because I’m hearing similar regressions in  St. Vincent’s artistry since Massseduction and St. Vincent has way more musicianship than Lana does. So if Lana is responsible for picking the (basic) chords/sounds with no formal training, then what does that say about St. Vincent? That can’t be right :defeated:

3 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

i agree with this! i also love the kind of playground chanting when she says "D-A-R-K"; i think if the song was just a little less noisy, it'd be much better and less disliked among fans and critics

i don't think that's why lolita is hated tho, i'd say it has more to do with the association the song gets with that nasty book by nabokov than it's production, at least by the critics side. but i do love lolita, i think it's a classic on born to die!

1 minute ago, Honeysuckle said:

i don't think that's why lolita is hated tho, i'd say it has more to do with the association the song gets with that nasty book by nabokov than it's production, at least by the critics side. but i do love lolita, i think it's a classic on born to die!

actually you're right about the critics part - it def wouldn't be a good look for them to be heaping praise on a song based on such a controversial subject matter!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

9 hours ago, bel air rose said:

omg don’t make me cry ur so sweet :krylie:

also i’m in love with ur pfp :wub:

I love yours tooo!! Megan Fox is such a babe :icant:

4 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Yes!! This! I miss that big and bold Lana sound.

Summertime Sadness should have been the album closer on BTD the standard edition. I like TIWMAG but it doesn't give me final song vibes so it's placing on the tracklist kind of seems random to me, I feel like the songs should be switched. SS has final song vibes imo. 

On 3/30/2021 at 3:41 AM, Pico Boulevard said:

LFL title track is better than NFR title track:hooker:

Hell yeah it is

LFL gets no love </3

♡ Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels ♡