Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

2 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I'm starting to think that the Blue Banister cover is cute

same, i actually liked the original RCS cover she posted with the selfie, it's a pretty picture, but i do think she should edit it better (if it is the cover) :toofunny:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

a fandom opinion more than a lana opinion, but i wish people would understand that when some fans talk about wanting a trap or hiphop sound from lana we don't mean an album full of In My Feelings or Summer Bummers.... we mean a trap or hiphop influence mixed with lana's trademark sound :smokes:

altho Summer Bummer is one of my fav lana songs so sure go ahead and give me an album's worth if you feel like it bestie

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I don't like COCC :( The only songs I listen to are Chemtrails and TJF. I don't really relate to the songs so I hope I enjoy the next album. 

fA7WLoI.gif

I love the amount of songs she gives us but I'm starting to tell myself that Lana should put the brakes on her projects because there is a pretty considerable loss of interest.
She's a person who certainly has thousands of projects in her head and she has trouble channeling it all, it goes all over the place and we don't really understand anymore...

She's an artist that I love and I don't mind having as many songs from her as possible but since these last 2 projects she's been on the decline, I think she should take a break just to think about everything.

I think her entourage influences a lot on her way of perceiving things and doing her albums, her friends are children of rich people in LA and you can feel this unnecessary lust in her songs, it's not luxurious like Ultraviolence where the universe was super interesting and deep. She needs to hang out with people who I think have a real identity, daring musicians, not with those little b*tches who seem to hang out with Lana because she's popular.

I don't remember anything about her last album apart from Tulsa and Yosemite, it's not for lack of trying.

I would like her to come back to her deep voice and come back to the fundamentals, heavy sounds with guitars if possible or more hip hop. I overdose on her whisperings and minimalist albums.

I've been having a hard time connecting to the melodies of 99% of the songs from NFR and COCC. I don't know how to explain it but I feel like most melodies post L4L have been a bit of a drag. Before they were so well constructed, pleasing and memorable but now they're kinda dull imo. They were freestyles and it shows.

Don't get me wrong, some of her melodies post L4L are really good but they're few and far between imo.

For example, the melodies of yosemite vs carmen. Carmen is really well constructed melodically but yosemite is a bit lacklustre. You can tell that yosemite was improvised or had less thought put into it then Carmen's melody

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

51 minutes ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

I think her entourage influences a lot on her way of perceiving things and doing her albums, her friends are children of rich people in LA and you can feel this unnecessary lust in her songs, it's not luxurious like Ultraviolence where the universe was super interesting and deep. She needs to hang out with people who I think have a real identity, daring musicians, not with those little b*this who seem to hang out with Lana because she's popular.

I agree with everything except this. You can have boring friends and still be creative. If Lana chooses to stay in her box, refusing to see beyond the ordinary, it's totally her fault. "I go on trips to the beach with my friends who don't know I'm crazy" is a line of thought that could be beautifully explored in a song. The rest of my thought is what to wrote, so imagine your words finishing this

@BluebirdXO Yes I understand that, it's true that our friends sometimes have nothing to do with our decisions but I noticed that Lana was a bit like that, and that her albums and her attitude changed over the people she dated. But I agree with you with this view of things.

1 - Honeymoon photoshoot is gorgeous

2 - I don't like Thunder, FILY/TG MV and HIADT

3 - I like HIAB

4 - DLMBM and DT are my favorite covers from her

5 - Neil Krug is overestimated

6 - I think that 2011 till 2015 Lana was a little bit influenced by Barrie 

7 - Lana can be quite manipulative sometimes (unconsciously)

Spoiler

money power glory > cruel world

art deco > salvatore

cherry > change

love song > mariners apartment complex

dance till we die > dark but just a game

:runs:

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

4 hours ago, lover said:

Hide contents

money power glory > cruel world

art deco > salvatore

cherry > change

love song > mariners apartment complex

dance till we die > dark but just a game

:runs:

I actually agree with all except MPG and Love Song!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

On 5/2/2021 at 12:45 PM, Angelic Tropico said:

I've been having a hard time connecting to the melodies of 99% of the songs from NFR and COCC. I don't know how to explain it but I feel like most melodies post L4L have been a bit of a drag. Before they were so well constructed, pleasing and memorable but now they're kinda dull imo. They were freestyles and it shows.

Don't get me wrong, some of her melodies post L4L are really good but they're few and far between imo.

For example, the melodies of yosemite vs carmen. Carmen is really well constructed melodically but yosemite is a bit lacklustre. You can tell that yosemite was improvised or had less thought put into it then Carmen's melody

It's Jack's production for me. I will say that 'Venice Bitch' is a spectacular song and overall I have enjoyed 'Chemtrails' way more than 'NFR', but I am so over the minimalistic, panio ballad-y and acoustic approach. Besides a few key tracks, she has become incredibly palatable.

On 5/2/2021 at 10:45 AM, Angelic Tropico said:

They were freestyles and it shows.

From what I can tell, Lana has become too proud of improvising and then settling for whatever comes out. From her older demos we've seen just how many versions upon versions there are of songs, yet it feels like she can't be bothered to perfect them anymore. I don't get this obsession with a stripped back sound, as if that makes it more authentic. No, after awhile, it makes the songs BORING. I've always loved her because of her versatility but it feels like she doesn't want to change things up anymore.

let me be who i'm meant to be

i feel like a lot of people try and shift the blame of lana's new sound entirely onto jack as if he has some chokehold on her + controls everything about her music. jack really isn't a bad producer and his work with lorde and taylor swift proves that. lana has just as much (if not more) control over her music as jack does, and it's kind of incredible seeing the lengths some people here go to infantilize lana, like she's completely powerless. 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

5 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

i feel like a lot of people try and shift the blame of lana's new sound entirely onto jack as if he has some chokehold on her + controls everything about her music. jack really isn't a bad producer and his work with lorde and taylor swift proves that. lana has just as much (if not more) control over her music as jack does, and it's kind of incredible seeing the lengths some people here go to infantilize lana, like she's completely powerless. 

Preach!!!

NFR and COTCC was totally Lana vision. She even said that she was worried about collab with Jack but she found he has 60s/70s spirit. He is really great producer and he made many great tracks for artists like Lana, Lorde, Carly, Taylor and many others.