Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

i love coachella, it's in my top 20 played lana song :oic2:

"maybe my contribution could be as small as hoping
that words could turn to birds and birds would send my thoughts your way"

one of my all-time favorite lyrics of hers sorry besties

i love you, but you don't understand me.

20 minutes ago, new gods said:

i love coachella, it's in my top 20 played lana song :oic2:

"maybe my contribution could be as small as hoping
that words could turn to birds and birds would send my thoughts your way"

one of my all-time favorite lyrics of hers sorry besties

Yessss Coachella preach!!! I love the lyrics I think the production just doesn’t give the song justice

1 hour ago, Party Favor said:

i feel like a lot of people try and shift the blame of lana's new sound entirely onto jack as if he has some chokehold on her + controls everything about her music. jack really isn't a bad producer and his work with lorde and taylor swift proves that. lana has just as much (if not more) control over her music as jack does, and it's kind of incredible seeing the lengths some people here go to infantilize lana, like she's completely powerless. 

Nah it takes two to tango, and Lana comes across as being lazy sometimes. Jack provides exactly what Lana wants; there is no doubt she is in control of this whole thing. Jack just goes along to get along.

3 hours ago, Party Favor said:

i feel like a lot of people try and shift the blame of lana's new sound entirely onto jack as if he has some chokehold on her + controls everything about her music. jack really isn't a bad producer and his work with lorde and taylor swift proves that. lana has just as much (if not more) control over her music as jack does, and it's kind of incredible seeing the lengths some people here go to infantilize lana, like she's completely powerless. 

it doesn’t help that during the COTCC pre-release Lana talked about how she wanted to expand the sound of the album and Jack talked about how they wanted to ‘strip the songs down’. There had to have been a miscommunication somewhere. While I agree Lana has a control over the sound, the songwriting process with Jack seems to be extremely different than other producers. 

with Rick, Lana would sing a melody and he’d try and find what chord she was singing and work around it. With Jack, he plays a chord and Lana tries to make a melody around it. So she’s trying to work with Jack instead of Jack working with her, and the results show. 

The work they’ve done is nice and COTCC is one of my top Lana albums, but it does sound samey, and the most drastically ‘different’ songs (Yosemite and BUS) were heavily worked on with someone else  

"Don’t forget me"

The title track is my favorite of the Born to Die singles. All of them have a timeless quality to them, but Born to Die really has IT. That video was gorgeous as well, which adds on to my strong feelings for the song. Video Games is very close, though.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

The Next Best American Record > Best American Record

It's richer and more full. The lyrics are a bit more nonsensical, but they aren't bad enough for me. 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

The Next Best American Record > Best American Record

It's richer and more full. The lyrics are a bit more nonsensical, but they aren't bad enough for me. 

agree 100%

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I am really sick of her namedropping people in her songs, especially after today

It's okay to do in moderation but enough is enough

I get that it's hEr LiFe but Jesus, Chuck and Jen and Nikki and Charlie and Joni and Joan and whoever else do not need to be mentioned in every song ever

Less is more. She does it so much that it is not lyrically impactful at all because it's just a mish-mash of names

There's a reason the CD booklet usually has a page for acknowledgements and she should use it

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 hours ago, Lustformoney said:

The 3 singles r a mess, she shouldve released it as poems. She fell off hard after nfr:wowcry:

I enjoyed COCC but it was too short and everything she's done since NFR seems rushed, imo

The 3 singles are definitely more like poems with music. There's no emotion in the instrumentals and tbh, Jack's work on VBBOTG had more sonic variation than these "songs" do (think of the final poem ... Linoleum?)

Mike Dean lied when he said Wildflowers was fire. There IS no fire and that's the problem. There's no anger, no sadness ... except in her voice. 

You can't take a poem, employ repetition on a few lines and then say it's a song. It isn't. 

And as I said above, the sheer extent of the namedropping makes these feel like personal diary entries which again, makes them seem more poem-y.

"Jenny's smoking by the pool"

"Chuckie's baking a birthday cake"

And whatever the fuck else

I do not care, idk about anyone else

Anyway I'm glad that others are enjoying these but I suspect the replay value won't be there

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

the only part of the 3 new songs I like is the chorus of Text Book, if you asked me to recite a single line or melody from any of the songs apart from that 1 chorus i wouldn’t be able to. everything abt them is just forgettable and the mixing on all of them is trash :lolliney:

RVhKIwP.gif

Please don't slaughter me, but I like the Blue Banisters singer cover (and likely album cover) MUCH more than the Chemtrails album cover :bebe: