Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I feel like, since LFL, every album release gives me a new appreciation for that album's predecessor. 

I've been thinking about why that is and I think maybe I'm slowly moving away from Lana but idk. 

I don't want to complain or be negative but I've listened many times now, and the new songs seem really lifeless to me with the exception of the lyrics. I find it impossible to absorb the emotion that many others are getting from them, and I think it's because I don't feel that the songs embody those emotions instrumentally. 

Or maybe it's just my current state of mind 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

3 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Literally almost everyone outside of this forum loves NFR. 

I mean I spend most of my time as Lana fan on this forum so my view might be skewed but in my experience most ppl don't seem to like NFR :delicious: I feel like a lot of pages on this very thread debate on whether or not NFR is liked or not I think it's safe to say it's controversial among Lana fans 

sgopYhV.gif

5 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

I mean I spend most of my time as Lana fan on this forum so my view might be skewed but in my experience most ppl don't seem to like NFR :delicious: I feel like a lot of pages on this very thread debate on whether or not NFR is liked or not I think it's safe to say it's controversial among Lana fans 

Trust me, on every single other social media platform, NFR is beloved. The people on this forum are just perpetually stuck in 2015.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Not caring about aesthetics ≠ greater artistic integrity. Stripped back production ≠ better music.

I mourned BTD-HM Lana a long time ago but I can’t help but miss the heavy reverb, the strings, the dreamy/psychedelic production. I love NFR and Chemtrails is good but it felt like Norman but worse. These new songs are great lyrically but I can’t help but feel like they deserve better production and better vocals.

I love pop Lana, and the mountain of songs that she recorded around 2010-2012, but I'd be fine if she never recorded another pop song/banger again, and went all in on the slow songs.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I love NFR! and I love COCC, including their instrumentals/vocals/production. The NFR! instrumentals leak made me realize this even more. They're amazing albums and definitely make it to my top 3 (NFR!, Honeymoon and COCC). 

I don't know how it happend but somewhere between after NFR release and before COCC dropped I completly loss my connection with Lana. i just feel absolutley nothing for her new music whatsoever. It's like I'm at a dinner party, around a massive table that's layed out beautifully and the majority of the guests there are having a good time but I'm not. Its so jarring...I'm constanly trying to get into Lana's latest releases and I can't. The more I do so, the further the dissapontment with the music grows. 

The energy, the truly distinct core of what made Lana seperate from the rest is gone, it died after the end of Get Free along with the hollywood sadgirl persona and rightly so. She has every right to change, to move forward and to write music at her actual level of maturity. Right now I feel Lana is currently forging a new core, seperate from her past self. NFR is clearly a transitional record, killing off one mindset to go to another. Its actually easy to spot as lyrically she's probably at her peak right now and that's BC she's mostly freed herself from her old red dresses/blue/daddies etc type of content and unique-to-lana clichés.

I just think currently the poor woman is lost in many aspects and its being reflected in the music. I do wonder BC of the last three singles subject matters that we've got that she's now only just started properly processing her feelings/memories and I do hope she's dealing with her past emotional and physical trauma in a healthy way. Most of all I hope Lana discovers her new core and her real little slice of happiness she's has always wanted. 

Spoiler

Please excuse the wandering nature of this post. I just wanted to post my feelings and thoughts on the good sis :krylie:

Spoiler

tenor.png

and putting up with my random bullshit

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I don't understand all the hate for the laptop demos, whenever one leaks the thread is filled with "we don't want this, unleak it" " this sounds awful, I hate this, leak *blank* instead", it comes across as really entitled to me at least, I personally really enjoy and am really grateful for any unheard Lana material. I understand how sought after songs like Unidentified Flying Bill and Garden Of Eden, I want them to leak too, but I don't understand the mindset of people who go out of their way to hate on a song that other users enjoy and appreciate. Sorry for ranting, just something that I've been seeing in the Roll With Me/Bellevue leak threads

PSUIew0.gif

Born to Die while a legendary pop album of the early 2010s, it sounds dated.

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

The MTWBT video is quite stunning! The cinematography is some of her best and complements the song and overall aesthetic of Honeymoon quite well :wub: I like that it’s in b&w - truly lives out the noir feel that she said she was inspired by when she first announced it. 

hoping this doesn't come across harsh and/or selfish but....

stage fright, slightly uncomfortable, deer in the headlights, worried about how she sounds and performs Lana >>>> literally not giving a fuck, doing the bare minimum, forgetting she's even on stage Lana

i don't wish anxiety on her whatsoever so this isn't 100% serious of course, but i miss when she actually cared about her performances :( even if it occasionally made her voice a little shaky it was still captivating to watch!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I think Tomorrow Never Came is one of the better tracks on LFL. There is something so peaceful and pretty about it. This is an example of how she could've done country themed music on COCC. 

3 minutes ago, Lemonade Tea said:

I think Tomorrow Never Came is one of the better tracks on LFL. There is something so peaceful and pretty about it. This is an example of how she could've done country themed music on COCC. 

100%. TNC is so good :justride:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

On 5/26/2021 at 4:00 PM, Macintosh Manhattan said:

I don't know how it happend but somewhere between after NFR release and before COCC dropped I completly loss my connection with Lana. i just feel absolutley nothing for her new music whatsoever. It's like I'm at a dinner party, around a massive table that's layed out beautifully and the majority of the guests there are having a good time but I'm not. Its so jarring...I'm constanly trying to get into Lana's latest releases and I can't. The more I do so, the further the dissapontment with the music grows. 

The energy, the truly distinct core of what made Lana seperate from the rest is gone, it died after the end of Get Free along with the hollywood sadgirl persona and rightly so. She has every right to change, to move forward and to write music at her actual level of maturity. Right now I feel Lana is currently forging a new core, seperate from her past self. NFR is clearly a transitional record, killing off one mindset to go to another. Its actually easy to spot as lyrically she's probably at her peak right now and that's BC she's mostly freed herself from her old red dresses/blue/daddies etc type of content and unique-to-lana clichés.

I just think currently the poor woman is lost in many aspects and its being reflected in the music. I do wonder BC of the last three singles subject matters that we've got that she's now only just started properly processing her feelings/memories and I do hope she's dealing with her past emotional and physical trauma in a healthy way. Most of all I hope Lana discovers her new core and her real little slice of happiness she's has always wanted. 

Hide contents

Please excuse the wandering nature of this post. I just wanted to post my feelings and thoughts on the good sis :krylie:

Hide contents

tenor.png

and putting up with my random bullshit

I feel similarly. I've had a really hard time connecting with anything post-NFR besides a few songs off of COTCC. I've listened to COTCC and the 3 new singles a lot, but it still feels like I can't figure out my opinion of them. Like I keep listening, but at the same time, I can't decide if I even like what I'm listening to or not. I obviously don't dislike it or I wouldn't keep listening, but it just isn't connecting for me. It's really odd, especially when it's an artist who I've instantly clicked and connected with on a deep level since I first listened to her.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

On 5/27/2021 at 6:20 AM, Pretty Dull said:

I don't understand all the hate for the laptop demos, whenever one leaks the thread is filled with "we don't want this, unleak it" " this sounds awful, I hate this, leak *blank* instead", it comes across as really entitled to me at least, I personally really enjoy and am really grateful for any unheard Lana material. I understand how sought after songs like Unidentified Flying Bill and Garden Of Eden, I want them to leak too, but I don't understand the mindset of people who go out of their way to hate on a song that other users enjoy and appreciate. Sorry for ranting, just something that I've been seeing in the Roll With Me/Bellevue leak threads

I don't understand this hate either, but I think it stems from the fact that some are not sensitive to the construction of a song and prefer to hear the final song directly. Demos fascinate me personally, and I find Lana's history rich and interesting. It's truly inspiring to hear that a laptop sound can turn into an amazing song. Lana is a person who is always inspired and she has a really good creative process. It's part of her "homemade" universe, it makes her even more authentic in my opinion. And I like that she doesn't care :sluttybunny: