Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

2 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

hoping this doesn't come across harsh and/or selfish but....

stage fright, slightly uncomfortable, deer in the headlights, worried about how she sounds and performs Lana >>>> literally not giving a fuck, doing the bare minimum, forgetting she's even on stage Lana

i don't wish anxiety on her whatsoever so this isn't 100% serious of course, but i miss when she actually cared about her performances :( even if it occasionally made her voice a little shaky it was still captivating to watch!

At the beginning of her career she was this worried person and modeled by her stylists and all that, I was bad for her but her shyness made her so special. She really applied herself to singing and performed unique performances. It is true that in recent years she is no longer in this phase of anxiety but the fact that she does not care has made this magic go away little by little, I hope that one day she will do more concerts of fragility.

On 5/26/2021 at 10:00 PM, Macintosh Manhattan said:

I don't know how it happend but somewhere between after NFR release and before COCC dropped I completly loss my connection with Lana. i just feel absolutley nothing for her new music whatsoever. It's like I'm at a dinner party, around a massive table that's layed out beautifully and the majority of the guests there are having a good time but I'm not. Its so jarring...I'm constanly trying to get into Lana's latest releases and I can't. The more I do so, the further the dissapontment with the music grows. 

The energy, the truly distinct core of what made Lana seperate from the rest is gone, it died after the end of Get Free along with the hollywood sadgirl persona and rightly so. She has every right to change, to move forward and to write music at her actual level of maturity. Right now I feel Lana is currently forging a new core, seperate from her past self. NFR is clearly a transitional record, killing off one mindset to go to another. Its actually easy to spot as lyrically she's probably at her peak right now and that's BC she's mostly freed herself from her old red dresses/blue/daddies etc type of content and unique-to-lana clichés.

I just think currently the poor woman is lost in many aspects and its being reflected in the music. I do wonder BC of the last three singles subject matters that we've got that she's now only just started properly processing her feelings/memories and I do hope she's dealing with her past emotional and physical trauma in a healthy way. Most of all I hope Lana discovers her new core and her real little slice of happiness she's has always wanted. 

Reveal hidden contents

Please excuse the wandering nature of this post. I just wanted to post my feelings and thoughts on the good sis :krylie:

Reveal hidden contents

tenor.png

and putting up with my random bullshit

The same happened to me. Get free was the last song I would sign "of Lana Del Rey". Lots of hate around LFL and yet I think it's really Lana's last album. Is it wanted? Her life has changed in the meantime, it's true. But her latest projects are really boring. And it bothers me that people praise her latest albums as "her best" when she seems musically extinct to me. I think it blossoms in this direction but I hope one day that she will return to the sources, Ultraviolence or BTD but I can dream.

Nevertheless on the personal side I think she needs to breathe and leave the old Lana who must represent all her problems, and as you say we feel a form of healing of trauma with her last 3 songs which sound like be very important in her life so that she reveals it as well.

But yeah, I miss iconic Lana too. She makes me nostalgic for a time that we all lived by living with her in a certain way. Time goes by, we get sad and our favorite singers get a little more generic.

I hate when people say that only now Lana is showing herself and at the begging of her career she displayed the image that her record company wanted. They're practically stating what the media said about her when she debuted.

And I do believe that she has a persona, everybody has one. She changed because she got older and have other views, was exposed to different things, acquired other tastes, have new friends... Not because her persona is fading

- Lana puts on a really good live show. There's something about the Youtube videos that never quite captures the magic. With that said, I thought NFR! was a great tour, especially because she went to places she hadn't gone.

- Coachella is an amazing song. Lana's melody arrangements in it are unique for her catalog (stairwaaaay, stairwaaay to heaaaaveeen)

- Rick's only mistake on LFL was vocal mixing/microphone choice. The tracklist was bloated, but it's pretty clear that Lana makes those decisions.

On 5/28/2021 at 1:19 PM, Lemonade Tea said:

I think Tomorrow Never Came is one of the better tracks on LFL. There is something so peaceful and pretty about it. This is an example of how she could've done country themed music on COCC. 

Not All Who Wander is reminiscent of Tomorrow Never Came to me.

On 5/27/2021 at 6:38 AM, rosesofsaigon said:

Born to Die while a legendary pop album of the early 2010s, it sounds dated.

I don't think so. It has some production elements that were popular in early 2010s but it's not so obvious. Wait until that becomes vintage in 2030s. If you listen to any iconic album you can usually recognize the decade by its style, for example the keyboard in the 60s that Lana used in Kill Kill. However, listen to anything by David Guetta that came out from 2010 to 2012, Kesha or Nicki Minaj and everyone who used dubstep in their music, that started sounding dated in 2015. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

1 minute ago, Venice said:

Diet Mountain Dew Demo Version is better than the released album version :creep: 

The demo has this incredible vintage/retro feel that is just :makeup:

Hit me my darling tonighhhht 

i dont know why but i liiiike it

Gotta get back to the wild

give it up give it up

live it up live it up

:pray2:

12 minutes ago, Venice said:

Diet Mountain Dew Demo Version is better than the released album version :creep: 

The demo has this incredible vintage/retro feel that is just :makeup:

demo 3 > diet mt. dew baby > demo 1 > demo 2 > album version

:makeup:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

I'm always complaining about Lana's lack of professionalism on her social media, but I love her posts. She wouldn't be so iconic if it wasn't for her random posts. It seems like she creates a connection with us and that's why we're so emotionally invested in her.

Lana, if you're reading this, keep posting your pets :kiss:

15 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

I'm always complaining about Lana's lack of professionalism on her social media, but I love her posts. She wouldn't be so iconic if it wasn't for her random posts. It seems like she creates a connection with us and that's why we're so emotionally invested in her.

Lana, if you're reading this, keep posting your pets :kiss:

Agree to disagree. It's cute how she's down to earth on social media unlike the Kardashians for example who are a pure facade. However, she's ruining her mysterious, intriguing persona that made her stand out in the first place and that fans of BTD-HN love. Her social media presence also tarnished her career and non fans labeled her as a racist, Karen and a republican because of her poor choice of words and inability to defend herself properly. I think fans would appreciate more if instead of posting "Question of the culture" she would express that through music in a rebellious way. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

17 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

i loooove white mustang, i think it's a really nicely produced song, i love the way it builds and ends with that SKRRRRRR sound :fabcat:

Taste I think it's one of the better songs on LFL

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 hour ago, shady said:

Her social media presence also tarnished her career and non fans labeled her as a racist, Karen and a republican because of her poor choice of words and inability to defend herself properly. I think fans would appreciate more if instead of posting "Question of the culture" she would express that through music in a rebellious way. 

For most of the time, I like to pretend that QFTC didn't exist and it was all a collective fever dream. 

1 hour ago, shady said:

However, she's ruining her mysterious, intriguing persona that made her stand out in the first place and that fans of BTD-HN love.

She always talked about who she really is in her interviews, so seeing her posting things that confirm what she said, it's quite comforting for me. But each person will have a different version of Lana in their heads and when expectations were not met, it surely can shatter the dream

On 6/3/2021 at 12:36 PM, Rorman Nockwell said:

Taste I think it's one of the better songs on LFL

yes boo! it's such a fun mix between classic lana piano based tracks and the trappier, poppier soundscape of LFL :bop:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

On 6/2/2021 at 2:49 PM, daphnedinkley said:

i loooove white mustang, i think it's a really nicely produced song, i love the way it builds and ends with that SKRRRRRR sound :fabcat:

PERIODT

and the choreo is so sexy and fun to do, I love everything related to white mustang

the retro futuristic vibes of the music video, I wish we saw more of that :trisha:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

6 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

PERIODT

and the choreo is so sexy and fun to do, I love everything related to white mustang

the retro futuristic vibes of the music video, I wish we saw more of that :trisha:

it's literally a stripper anthem and i will not tolerate any slander! :sluttybunny:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

1 minute ago, daphnedinkley said:

it's literally a stripper anthem and i will not tolerate any slander! :sluttybunny:

you're gonna hit me like liiiightniiing :sluttybunny:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg