Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

On 6/8/2021 at 8:14 PM, LanaTheRay said:

Cola is too iconic of a song to retire from her live performances, it would so punk rock of her to bring it back. she can romanticize whatever/whoever the fuck she wants even Harvey Weinstein 

People are so selective in what's okay to romanticize and what's not. Either everything is okay or none of it is okay. It's okay when women have songs where they're harassing men, being a pick me, where they're being promiscuous, materialistic etc. but OMG Ultraviolence the song is so toxic and needs to be canceled. Give me a break. Go listen to kids bop if you want a positive message. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

... :icant:

I still dislike her breathy vocals in White Dress. :trisha: I mean, it kinda bothers me. I can't consider it her best opener because of it, even though I love the melody with all my heart, and it's making me so sad. 

Anyone else confused by this whole Cola retirement thing?

I get that she wouldn’t want to sing it due to the disgusting things HW has done (that’s completely understandable) but she left the song on streaming services. Why wouldn’t she pull it off like Gaga did with R.Kelly? Granted, Harvey wasn’t singing with her but she mentioned and glorified him. His vile behaviour has affected SO MANY women in Hollywood and she knows how serious it is because she’s spoken about it. If she felt serious enough to say “no I’m retiring it and I’m not gonna sing it live to support women”, why doesn’t she feel serious enough to take it down?

If you’re gonna leave it up for people to stream, why not just change the line live? I always thought the line was “harleys in the sky” like motorcycle heaven so she could easily do something like that but she doesn’t want to and that’s her prerogative. I just don’t understand why she won’t sing it live but she’s fine with making money off of it? What’s the difference between singing it live and keeping it on streaming services?? It’s the same message being delivered. Idk maybe it’s just me but that seems weird.

Just to put very clearly, I know Lana does care about the #metoo movement a hell of a lot so I’m just confused by her contradictory behaviour

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

12 minutes ago, Angelic Tropico said:

Anyone else confused by this whole Cola retirement thing?

I get that she wouldn’t want to sing it due to the disgusting things HW has done (that’s completely understandable) but she left the song on streaming services. Why wouldn’t she pull it off like Gaga did with R.Kelly? Granted, Harvey wasn’t singing with her but she mentioned and glorified him. His vile behaviour has affected SO MANY women in Hollywood and she knows how serious it is because she’s spoken about it. If she felt serious enough to say “no I’m retiring it and I’m not gonna sing it live to support women”, why doesn’t she feel serious enough to take it down?

If you’re gonna leave it up for people to stream, why not just change the line live? I always thought the line was “harleys in the sky” like motorcycle heaven so she could easily do something like that but she doesn’t want to and that’s her prerogative. I just don’t understand why she won’t sing it live but she’s fine with making money off of it? What’s the difference between singing it live and keeping it on streaming services?? It’s the same message being delivered. Idk maybe it’s just me but that seems weird.

Just to put very clearly, I know Lana does care about the #metoo movement a hell of a lot so I’m just confused by her contradictory behaviour

yeah that makes a lot of sense, and i think changing the line live is a good alternative. and i always thought it said ‘harleys’ too and i kinda wish it did cuz motorcycle heaven is a way more interesting idea than harvey weinstein.

as i wasnt a lana fan when she announced she was retiring it from performances can i just ask - had anybody questioned her about the line or the song when the weinstein thing happened or did she announce this herself?

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

4 hours ago, Trailer Heaven said:

yeah that makes a lot of sense, and i think changing the line live is a good alternative. and i always thought it said ‘harleys’ too and i kinda wish it did cuz motorcycle heaven is a way more interesting idea than harvey weinstein.

as i wasnt a lana fan when she announced she was retiring it from performances can i just ask - had anybody questioned her about the line or the song when the weinstein thing happened or did she announce this herself?

If I remember correctly, she brought it up after someone asked her about the #metoo movement which confuses me even more. Clearly she’s very aware of the situation so idk why she chose to keep it on streaming services

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

Y'all are gonna hate me for my unpopular opinion.:teehee:

I don't like much Serial Killer and i can even say that SK is really really overrated and some other unreleased songs deserves on numbers like that track.

6 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

I don't like much Serial Killer and i can even say that SK is really really overrated and some other unreleased songs deserves on numbers like that track.

let me change your mind

5 hours ago, palemoonbaby said:

all of her "popular" unreleased songs are overrated (serial killer, ycbtb, queen of disaster, & yes to heaven) true.gif

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

On 6/12/2021 at 1:33 PM, palemoonbaby said:

Agree :deadbanana: it's so cheesy to me, I can't listen to it 

You & Me is one of her best unreleased songs and I stand by that :oprah3: should've been reworked into an interlude for honeymoon "Its just you and the sun now baby":bodyisready:

Mariners Apartment Complex and Venice Bitch were her best singles behind west coast :makeup: MAC her best song lyrically and def top 5 overall. the way VB and MAC reference each other so much AND how the NFR! cover recreates MACs lyrics literally :defeated:

Guns and Roses one of the best off Ultraviolence and truly her most underrated song :nails: the desert rock motorcycle biker groupie in Nevada listening to soft rock while riding with her daddy vibes are immaculate and the BRIDGE has incredibly imagery. best song to dramatically sway in your room to while high :wub: AND the way the fanbase would shit itself if she released this song in 2021 :makeup:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

2 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

You & Me is one of her best unreleased songs and I stand by that :oprah3: should've been reworked into an interlude for honeymoon "Its just you and the sun now baby":bodyisready:

Mariners Apartment Complex and Venice Bitch were her best singles behind west coast :makeup: MAC her best song lyrically and def top 5 overall. the way VB and MAC reference each other so much AND how the NFR! cover recreates MACs lyrics literally :defeated:

Guns and Roses one of the best off Ultraviolence and truly her most underrated song :nails: the desert rock motorcycle biker groupie in Nevada listening to soft rock while riding with her daddy vibes are immaculate and the BRIDGE has incredibly imagery. best song to dramatically sway in your room to while high :wub:

guns and roses is SUCH a vibe, i don't understand why people hate it, i understand that it's slow & has a repeating chorus, however, a lot of her music is "slow", and a lot of songs off of ultraviolence have a repeating chorus... i love the desert rock influence and the instrumentation is such a dream, it might be my favorite off of ultraviolence :wub: 

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

guns and roses is SUCH a vibe, i don't understand why people hate it, i understand that it's slow & has a repeating chorus, however, a lot of her music is "slow", and a lot of songs off of ultraviolence have a repeating chorus... i love the desert rock influence and the instrumentation is such a dream, it might be my favorite off of ultraviolence :wub: 

I think its truly Ultraviolence's video games in the way the song centers around something as simple as getting ready to see your boyfriend, or a guy who likes guns and roses, with aesthetic glazed over it 

it makes me wonder cause its the same bitches that be trashing GNR for its repetitiveness while they Stan Sad Girl like make it make sense :bebe:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

4 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

I think its truly Ultraviolence's video games in the way the song centers around something as simple as getting ready to see your boyfriend, or a guy who likes guns and roses, with aesthetic glazed over it 

it makes me wonder cause its the same bitches that be trashing GNR for its repetitiveness while they Stan Sad Girl like make it make sense :bebe:

i personally love sad girl but i will say that it isn't her best lyrically, it's the overall vibe & production of the song that really makes it special, i love how blues-inspired it is :flutter: 

16 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

Guns and Roses one of the best off Ultraviolence and truly her most underrated song :nails: the desert rock motorcycle biker groupie in Nevada listening to soft rock while riding with her daddy vibes are immaculate and the BRIDGE has incredibly imagery. best song to dramatically sway in your room to while high :wub: AND the way the fanbase would shit itself if she released this song in 2021 :makeup:

I love Guns and Roses! I really love the slow drums, the guitar riffs, her vocals (especially during the chorus), the bridge, and the lyrics so much. such a vibey song, especially within the context of UV 

sgopYhV.gif

5 hours ago, pin up galore said:

YES YES YES one of the most atmospheric songs she has ever made! 

I also agree about You & Me

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

10 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

I find it better than Old Money, The Other Woman and Money Power Glory. Not bad but not good. It's not that it's repetitive, so is Shades of Cool, Black Beaty, Sad Girl and more, the point is that the melody isn't something original but it's catchy enough for me to remember the chorus after only listening to it a couple of times months ago. 5/10

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

On 6/14/2021 at 2:54 AM, JehovahThikness said:

I don’t think this is unpopular/controversial in her fanbase, but I would say it is on this forum: Venice Bitch is clearly her best song, I’m sorry. It’s her Fade Into You

Not just Lana's best song, but one of THE best songs of all time. The fact that this could be an unpopular opinion disturbs me LOL

Big Bad Wolf/ Wolf  is one of her best unreleased songs :illumilana:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆