Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

On 6/12/2021 at 1:43 PM, Surf Noir said:

all of her "popular" unreleased songs are overrated (serial killer, ycbtb, queen of disaster, & yes to heaven) true.gif

they are

from the ones you mentioned queen of disaster is definitely the worst I can't stand it and it makes me wanna die whenever I see someone asking to people to react to tracks like serial killer and queen of disaster

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

11 hours ago, pin up galore said:

You & Me is one of her best unreleased songs and I stand by that :oprah3: should've been reworked into an interlude for honeymoon "Its just you and the sun now baby":bodyisready:

Mariners Apartment Complex and Venice Bitch were her best singles behind west coast :makeup: MAC her best song lyrically and def top 5 overall. the way VB and MAC reference each other so much AND how the NFR! cover recreates MACs lyrics literally :defeated:

Guns and Roses one of the best off Ultraviolence and truly her most underrated song :nails: the desert rock motorcycle biker groupie in Nevada listening to soft rock while riding with her daddy vibes are immaculate and the BRIDGE has incredibly imagery. best song to dramatically sway in your room to while high :wub: AND the way the fanbase would shit itself if she released this song in 2021 :makeup:

* : Truest thing I've read on this forum, You and Me is one of her most moving songs and Guns & Roses is a true atmo banger

* : Falsest thing I've read on this forum, MAC is so uninteresting and VB aged like milk to me :flop:

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

44 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

they are

from the ones you mentioned queen of disaster is definitely the worst I can't stand it and it makes me wanna die whenever I see someone asking to people to react to tracks like serial killer and queen of disaster

queen of disaster was already overrated but tiktok ruined it :makeup:

WGe8ynS.gif

36 minutes ago, triangles19 said:

VB aged like milk to me

probably the most unpopular opinion I've ever seen 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 hour ago, triangles19 said:

MAC is so uninteresting and VB aged like milk to me

I always found MAC boring and I was obsessed with VB for a while, but now I barely listen to it because there are better songs to listen to

12 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I always found MAC boring and I was obsessed with VB for a while, but now I barely listen to it because there are better songs to listen to

so you guys decided to come on here and lie today?

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

28 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

motel 6 is boring

but it's a party it's a party it's a party c-c-come on :noparty:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

COCC > BTD, UV and LFL

Only a very few pre-2011 songs actually deserve to be released, most of the good stuff is from Paradise sessions and after it

Honeymoon IS the magnum opus, NFR! is her second best album.

Paradise is amazing and shouldn't be considered just BTD Act II.

Jack Anton Off is amazing

Photoshoots, album trailers, magazine covers, interviews and expensive music videos are overrated

Text Book sounds like a BTD outtake produced by Alex Turner

11 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

COCC > BTD, UV and LFL

Only a very few pre-2011 songs actually deserve to be released, most of the good stuff is from Paradise sessions and after it

Honeymoon IS the magnum opus, NFR! is her second best album.

Paradise is amazing and shouldn't be considered just BTD Act II.

Jack Anton Off is amazing

Photoshoots, album trailers, magazine covers, interviews and expensive music videos are overrated

Text Book sounds like a BTD outtake produced by Alex Turner

It's kind of crazy going back to BTD and listening now, more than half of the songs are complete throwaways, who knew 

1 hour ago, Style said:

dont let me be misunderstood is her best cover

it was the most disappointing cover ever... I was so excited when we found out it would be on the album... She could have done something with it, anything!

I always found The Other Woman to be underrated, and her cover of Doin Time really was excellent. 

1 hour ago, mar said:

It's kind of crazy going back to BTD and listening now, more than half of the songs are complete throwaways, who knew 

The only BTD songs I still like are: title track, Blue Jeans (only for the bridge), Million Dollar Man and Summertime Sadness. Imo the Without You and Carmen demos sound better than the final versions.

6 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

The only BTD songs I still like are: title track, Blue Jeans (only for the bridge), Million Dollar Man and Summertime Sadness. Imo the Without You and Carmen demos sound better than the final versions.

Born To Die, Radio, Video Games, Without You are the only ones I'd include in a greatest hits playlist today. (though I'm really not interested in listening to any of them, except for Radio, after so many years of BTD) National Anthem I would maybe add if in the right mood. The nexus demo.

On 6/12/2021 at 6:43 PM, Surf Noir said:

all of her "popular" unreleased songs are overrated (serial killer, ycbtb, queen of disaster, & yes to heaven) true.gif

Everything except Yes To Heaven. That song is so beautiful if you listen to the Honeymoon version. 

Serial Killer is probably the cringiest lyrics she's ever written. I can imagine wannabe edgy girls thinking "Omg samee I can relate to this". I still like the beat and the melody though. 

You Can Be The Boss has the same energy. Those things are possible with adults but the lyrics look like they're meant for an edgy underage teenage girl who chases after lowlifes in their early-mid 20s.

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

2 hours ago, mar said:

i'm always afraid to say this :awk: i think BTD/Paradise are of course classics, but I think they sound soo different (and cheesy) compared to the albums she made after. I think it was after HM/LFL when I realized this. I regularly revisit songs like Video Games or Radio and relisten to the whole album like once or twice a year, but those albums are just so different to me compared to UV and beyond.

sgopYhV.gif