Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Breaking Up Slowly is a beautiful song. Perfect for  nighttime & sitting on bonfires

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Blue Banisters top tier Lana song

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Speaking of Ultraviolence, this isn't so much an unpopular opinion, as a perspective I've never seen shared before. The cover of The Other Woman is incredible for a few reasons, but one that stands out to me is that she flips the meaning of the song without changing any words, simply by how she sings it. In the original, the first part - where the life of the 'Other Woman' is made to seem glamorous in comparison with the wife, for the reason that she has the freedom that the latter does not, while having the gifts and excitement - are sung sadly, while the last part - where the Other Woman is seen as being an outcast and alone, are sung with a 'fuck you', triumphant sort of attitude. Lana swaps these around, as you would expect, as they're sung from the perspective of the OW, and not from the wife, and it starts triumphant and ends in tragedy. To me, it really shows her ability as an actor and performer of lyrics, which is often ignored.

For more evidence of that, watch any early live version of 'Blue Jeans', where she sings the line 'love you more, than those bitches before', not as though she's performing a song, but as though the feeling has just occurred to her.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Wildflower Wildfire is the best one of the three singles of this era. I like Blue Banisters the least :fabcat:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

LFL is good album, but some decisions, some songs and some changes kept him away from being one if her best albums. Album should look like this (i put this some time ago in Rearrange Tracklist thread)

LUST FOR LIFE

1. Love

2. Lust for Life feat. The Weeknd

3. Serene Queen

4. White Mustang (song longer, i’d add some electro background, strings and trip-hop & hip-hop influences too)

5. Cherry (i’d make song longer adding hidden lyrics)

6. Coachella (i’d add some strings)

7. In My Feelings

8. Interlude (ambient spacey instrumental)

9. Yosemite

10. Best American Record (demo)

11. 13 Beaches (add heavier strings)

12. Beautiful People (demo)

13. Heroin

14. Get Free

Album will be storyline. I would changed some lyrics to match everything to plot. From crazy love and breaking up to rage, insanity and founding peace.

Love and Lust For Life are the songs where Lana feels happy. She and her boyfriend are happy being free, enjoying your youth, being crazy in love and feeling alive. But these are only appearances (she didn’t know about that, she’s deeply in love in that man). In Serene Quen she sings that she’s water and her boyfriend are fire and she thinks she calms him down. He’s aggressive, quick-tempered and nervous. Lana is blinded by love and stucked in toxic relationship. White Mustang and Cherry are the moments when she realises that he’ll never change and that relation isn’t healthy. She stopped thinking about herself to care about her man. She decided to quit from him. In Coachella (I would change lyrics to match everything to storyline: Maybe i’m crazy, maybe i’m fucked up, but don't tell me I'm schizophrenic, cause I saw you kiss her coral lips ) and In My Feelings she confess that he cheated her and was treated her really bad. She’s angry that she was so naive. I put Interlude cause transition from IMF to Yosemite would be strange. In Yosemite and Best American Record she’s torn between forgetting about him and back to him. In Yosemite we have „Everything will be fine, it’s only temporary crisis. We’ll come back to each other and we’ll be couple again. True love can handle everything”attitude. While BAR has „I loved him, but I don’t want back to him. He hurt me and he was toxic. He only thinks about himself and only his benefits” attitude. 13 Beaches is about that she run away from public eye and she can’t find place where she can gain strenght, she can be alone and rest. Beautiful People she revealed that she thinks about thinks about taking her own life. Lana can’t stand that everyone around her are happy (I’m fucking tired of these all beautiful people with beautiful life/I want to die and maybe I should fucking try). In Heroin Lana realises that her past is killing her like eponymous heroin and she must go forward. Get Free is the moment where Lana is born again and comes alives. She’s totally brand new person and she has lust for life. Lana is happy for being free again and ready for starting new life (Out of the black into the blue).

Singles

1.Love

2.Lust For Life

Promo: Coachella

3.BAR

4.Serene Queen

5.Cherry

(Some songs would have changing lyrics to match them to story).

2 hours ago, palemoonbaby said:

LFL is good album, but some decisions, some songs and some changes kept him away from being one if her best albums. Album should look like this (i put this some time ago in Rearrange Tracklist thread)

LUST FOR LIFE

1. Love

2. Lust for Life feat. The Weeknd

3. Serene Queen

4. White Mustang (song longer, i’d add some electro background, strings and trip-hop & hip-hop influences too)

5. Cherry (i’d make song longer adding hidden lyrics)

6. Coachella (i’d add some strings)

7. In My Feelings

8. Interlude (ambient spacey instrumental)

9. Yosemite

10. Best American Record (demo)

11. 13 Beaches (add heavier strings)

12. Beautiful People (demo)

13. Heroin

14. Get Free

Album will be storyline. I would changed some lyrics to match everything to plot. From crazy love and breaking up to rage, insanity and founding peace.

Love and Lust For Life are the songs where Lana feels happy. She and her boyfriend are happy being free, enjoying your youth, being crazy in love and feeling alive. But these are only appearances (she didn’t know about that, she’s deeply in love in that man). In Serene Quen she sings that she’s water and her boyfriend are fire and she thinks she calms him down. He’s aggressive, quick-tempered and nervous. Lana is blinded by love and stucked in toxic relationship. White Mustang and Cherry are the moments when she realises that he’ll never change and that relation isn’t healthy. She stopped thinking about herself to care about her man. She decided to quit from him. In Coachella (I would change lyrics to match everything to storyline: Maybe i’m crazy, maybe i’m fucked up, but don't tell me I'm schizophrenic, cause I saw you kiss her coral lips ) and In My Feelings she confess that he cheated her and was treated her really bad. She’s angry that she was so naive. I put Interlude cause transition from IMF to Yosemite would be strange. In Yosemite and Best American Record she’s torn between forgetting about him and back to him. In Yosemite we have „Everything will be fine, it’s only temporary crisis. We’ll come back to each other and we’ll be couple again. True love can handle everything”attitude. While BAR has „I loved him, but I don’t want back to him. He hurt me and he was toxic. He only thinks about himself and only his benefits” attitude. 13 Beaches is about that she run away from public eye and she can’t find place where she can gain strenght, she can be alone and rest. Beautiful People she revealed that she thinks about thinks about taking her own life. Lana can’t stand that everyone around her are happy (I’m fucking tired of these all beautiful people with beautiful life/I want to die and maybe I should fucking try). In Heroin Lana realises that her past is killing her like eponymous heroin and she must go forward. Get Free is the moment where Lana is born again and comes alives. She’s totally brand new person and she has lust for life. Lana is happy for being free again and ready for starting new life (Out of the black into the blue).

Singles

1.Love

2.Lust For Life

Promo: Coachella

3.BAR

4.Serene Queen

5.Cherry

(Some songs would have changing lyrics to match them to story).

I really appreciate the story the story and more concise tracklist. My only complaint (I literally created a playlist replicating this so I could listen to it like an album) is that the 2nd half starts to really drag for me as it’s 5-6 minute slow song after 5-6 minute slow song. I love listening to rearranged tracklists though so thank you for posting!

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I'm going to be burned for this

I love the L4L era tour outfits. She looks so comfortable and natural in them. HM comes in second, followed by UV.

Never liked the long dresses that she chose for BTD. She looks gorgeous, but when she moves, she seems a little bit awkward 

2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I really appreciate the story the story and more concise tracklist. My only complaint (I literally created a playlist replicating this so I could listen to it like an album) is that the 2nd half starts to really drag for me as it’s 5-6 minute slow song after 5-6 minute slow song. I love listening to rearranged tracklists though so thank you for posting!

Thank u:wub:

I know that almost all songs in second half are slower and are 5-6 minutes but it was hard to make sound everything sonically cohensive.

On 6/21/2021 at 11:06 AM, Urbanney said:

If you like rearranged tracklists I made a LFL playlist that has the more upbeat songs toward the middle/end

Spoiler

01. 13 Beaches

02. Lust for Life (Demo 1)

03. Young and in Love (Demo)

04. Best American Record (Demo)

05. California

06. Cherry

07. White Mustang

08. Summer Bummer (feat. A$AP Rocky & Playboi Carti)

09. Groupie Love (feat. A$AP Rocky)

10. In My Feelings

11. Prisoner (w. The Weeknd)

12. Serene Queen

13. Heroin

14. Yosemite

15. Get Free

And so I'm not too off topic for the thread lol, my unpopular opinion is that LFL is better than Norman & Chemtrails

I actually really like almost all of the Blue Jeans remixes on spotify :hooker::sluttybunny:

Beskrivning saknas.

Please don't kill me now but I was really bored of the White Dress video :noparty:

Beskrivning saknas.