Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

20 hours ago, CocaColaCrystalMeth said:

So idk if it's just in my city that everyone says this but it seems everyone in mtl hates her cause she's apparently too depressing to listen to and my blood boils when I hear this cause I don't think so at all.. her music is a kind of sadness that produces euphoria if anyone can understand and relate to what I mean..

I heard someone saying Lanas music makes sad people happy and happy people to feel sad.

On 8/14/2021 at 9:46 AM, Surf Noir said:

definitely, actually, the only song i can think of in her entire repertoire of music that's depressing is the original beautiful people demo from 2014 (nothing with that! btw) her music is definitely emotive & "slow" however i still think it's full of life, her musical style isn't everyone's cup of tea, which is okay, however i feel like a lot of people who simply think it's melodramatic & depressive haven't even heard a lot of her stuff, and she has a lot of songs which aren't even driven by a sad or depressive emotion, like diet mountain dew, radio, west coast, high by the beach, etc.

agreed! and i really dislike whenever lana's music is described as "sadcore" - it is such a shallow way of understand her music and also quite misogynist tbh - she's just a woman singing about a whole range of experiences and emotions

11 hours ago, Yayo6408 said:

I heard someone saying Lanas music makes sad people happy and happy people to feel sad.

i don't think this is true 

mUENGN9.png

the music she made with with david kahne is untouchable. AKA seems to be dubbed her worst project production wise but i cant help be in awe when listening to it, the music paints some beautiful imagery behind the rather dark subject matter and i don’t think i’ve ever heard another album similar to it. 

i hope the remaining tracks they worked on appear soon, nobody will ever be able to recreate that greatness. 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

10 hours ago, new gods said:

the music she made with with david kahne is untouchable. AKA seems to be dubbed her worst project production wise but i cant help be in awe when listening to it, the music paints some beautiful imagery behind the rather dark subject matter and i don’t think i’ve ever heard another album similar to it. 

i hope the remaining tracks they worked on appear soon, nobody will ever be able to recreate that greatness. 

i just know that ben final is a dark, gorgeous masterpiece 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

I actually quite like Sirens. It's not one that I frequently go back to, but when I'm in the right mood for it, it's beautiful. A Star For Nick is spectacular. That's one of the only tracks on the album I can listen to at any time and adore it. I also like a few tracks from Young Like Me, but like Sirens, I feel like I have to be in a certain mood for them 

imageproxy.jpg

4 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I actually quite like Sirens. It's not one that I frequently go back to, but when I'm in the right mood for it, it's beautiful. A Star For Nick is spectacular. That's one of the only tracks on the album I can listen to at any time and adore it. I also like a few tracks from Young Like Me, but like Sirens, I feel like I have to be in a certain mood for them 

sirens is definitely one of my favorite ldr albums, i think it's a very well put-together body of work, especially since it's one of lana's firsts and it's really just a demo album/mixtape at the end of the day, yet it tells a story and it really shows us a part of lana's life & mindset, it's fluttery, folky, humble, yet still tinged with the melancholia & troubled beauty which is present in the entirety of lana's discography, sirens really reminds me of cloudy, chilly, windy days of early spring/late fall in the midwest, so it's quite nostalgic in that regard

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

I like Sirens but I just wish the production on those songs had more to them. A Star for Nick has reverb which makes it more interesting production wise compared to the others lol

Imagine studio-recorded/produced versions of those songs :defeated:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

I don't have high expectations for BB, I just like hanging out on the thread because I'm bored with looking at people's Instagram stories. I had high hopes when I heard Thunder but now I feel like it will be filled with piano flops once again. Actually I lost hope when she posted Arcadia a.k.a. Map of LA with that bland ass video. She's either trying to make NFR 2.0 or she doesn't give a fuck anymore. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

On 8/14/2021 at 1:38 AM, CocaColaCrystalMeth said:

So idk if it's just in my city that everyone says this but it seems everyone in mtl hates her cause she's apparently too depressing to listen to and my blood boils when I hear this cause I don't think so at all.. her music is a kind of sadness that produces euphoria if anyone can understand and relate to what I mean..

I literally have never felt sadness when listening her music. My cousin introduced me to Lana in her BTD era saying that her songs are heartbreaking. I've always felt peace or like I'm in a series with her music being a soundtract. Shades of Cool and 13 Beaches have hopeless lyrics but it's literally a viiiibee to listen it while driving by the beach (bonus if it's golden hour). For the "soundtrack" vibe I can think of Diet Mountain Dew and West Coast when I'm in a city and Honeymoon is only at night. So yeah... sadness not found 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif