Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

23 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

it's literally like the least streamed song on the album and so many people have dragged that song for being boring but i disagree. 

Wait about what song are you talking about? 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

23 hours ago, cru3lworld said:

bartender 

Omg it's so sad that it's the least stream song on the album & that people call it boring. 

It's such an interesting piano ballad to me somehow. Really like it, especially the verses/ pre - chorus 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

11 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

Omg it's so sad that it's the least stream song on the album & that people call it boring. 

It's such an interesting piano ballad to me somehow. Really like it, especially the verses/ pre - chorus 

yeah i think the melody is just so beautiful and haunting and honestly just really good songwriting. 

faSE.gif

6 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

yeah i think the melody is just so beautiful and haunting and honestly just really good songwriting. 

There a couple of songs that we thought were « boring » from her earlier albums that are now how she makes music: Hope, Change, Bartender, Happiness Is a Butterfly… Bartender has some of her most beautiful piano melodies ever.

I can't listen to white mustang because of the weak ass whistling at the end... It just sounds so strained and flat, hollow, empty. Like you can just tell she was trying her hardest to whistle that tune and that's why it's so bad 

Whoever did the whistling on pumped up kicks should've been enlisted for WM because its just another reason I don't revisit LFL too much 

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

After honeymoon Zella day and Weyes blood literally made a pact and cast a spell and stole lanas talent for themselves… or maybe it’s just that Jack antonoff sucks and everyone bullied Lana so much that she doesn’t feel safe to publicly explore certain topics in her music anymore and we’re stuck w this reformed LDR 

UbsOye5.png

3 hours ago, Sugar Venom said:

After honeymoon Zella day and Weyes blood literally made a pact and cast a spell and stole lanas talent for themselves… or maybe it’s just that Jack antonoff sucks and everyone bullied Lana so much that she doesn’t feel safe to public ally explore certain topics in her music anymore and we’re stuck w this reformed LDR 

I feel that the highlighted part is somewhat true and it saddens me that she might feel limited when making her art .. that’s one of the reasons that made me love her even more , her exploration of those topics in her music. As far as Jack goes i think that he is talented it’s just that i always wondered why so many famous artists chose him as a producer at the exact same period . It’s obvious that you are going to spot many similarities sound wise when he is working with so many people at the same time . Also when so many fans find those similarities , it is bad for the artist and the producer, it ruins their collective work in some way. Even though i like many songs Jack did with Lana i believe  that she definitely needed to change her producer and i would really love to see from her a richer production with a rich instrumentation again along with her perfect songwriting skills but that’s just my opinion . 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

7 hours ago, Sugar Venom said:

After honeymoon Zella day and Weyes blood literally made a pact and cast a spell and stole lanas talent for themselves… or maybe it’s just that Jack antonoff sucks and everyone bullied Lana so much that she doesn’t feel safe to public ally explore certain topics in her music anymore and we’re stuck w this reformed LDR 

Omg I love Zella. I've been a fan since Hypnotic and the song High is still a bop till this day. Her recent cover Crazy Train is literally better than the original and I wish Lana's music went into that direction instead of making piano flops. 

everyone bullied Lana so much that she doesn’t feel safe to public ally explore certain topics in her music anymore

I've said the same on a different thread for her post NFR! eras and someone disagreed and had a good point. They said that maybe she's not actually insecure but the opposite. Maybe she became full of herself from all the critical acclaim for NFR! that she doesn’t really care about putting an effort in her music and lyrics because she knows it will be successful more or less, so so controversial stuff. If you meant about her walking on eggshells from way before, she kinda was annoying in her LFL woke feminist years and didn't realize that her fans loved the "problematic" Lana and that she should've please her fans rather than some random critics. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

1 hour ago, shady said:

Omg I love Zella. I've been a fan since Hypnotic and the song High is still a bop till this day. Her recent cover Crazy Train is literally better than the original and I wish Lana's music went into that direction instead of making piano flops. 

everyone bullied Lana so much that she doesn’t feel safe to public ally explore certain topics in her music anymore

I've said the same on a different thread for her post NFR! eras and someone disagreed and had a good point. They said that maybe she's not actually insecure but the opposite. Maybe she became full of herself from all the critical acclaim for NFR! that she doesn’t really care about putting an effort in her music and lyrics because she knows it will be successful more or less, so so controversial stuff. If you meant about her walking on eggshells from way before, she kinda was annoying in her LFL woke feminist years and didn't realize that her fans loved the "problematic" Lana and that she should've please her fans rather than some random critics. 

Meh I can't agree that she is lazy towards her writing. Violet is a masterpiece. COCC has amazing lyrics, the new three singles have beautiful writing as well. Judging by Patent Leather Do-Over, Behind The Iron Gates will be another masterpiece. The snippet of Arcadia has some of her more picturesque lyrics as well.  Her writing is only getting better. While the piano overstays it's welcome and it is getting boring and repetitive her writing on the other hand is thriving.  

-Homeland of the Gods-

COCC is a staggering achievement, so fucking slept on by the fandom, and will prob be praised and adored 10-20 years from now (i really do think QFTC and all its related shit killed every ounce of public goodwill she racked up during NFR era). esp after spending time w new lorde i am in awe of lana's ability to write the most beautiful, intricate vocal melodies, which COCC highlights so beautifully.

aOaIzH2.gif

6 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

COCC is a staggering achievement, so fucking slept on by the fandom, and will prob be praised and adored 10-20 years from now (i really do think QFTC and all its related shit killed every ounce of public goodwill she racked up during NFR era). esp after spending time w new lorde i am in awe of lana's ability to write the most beautiful, intricate vocal melodies, which COCC highlights so beautifully.

SO true. It's so frustrating that this album got swept under the rug because it really is beyond gorgeous and special, with several career highlights. Totally agree that it will be completely adored in the future. Lana really is the best in music.

1 hour ago, yayoop said:

I don’t mind the “black lives matter” line in TextBook and I’m tired of pretending it’s not fine

i feel like people would've been more accepting about it if qftc/other controversies didn't happen... however i think that lyric is very geniune and an important part of the story

WGe8ynS.gif