Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

39 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

I'm sorry but those are by far the most tasteless things I ever saw on this forum :awkney2:

you don't get it

you just don't get it

2 hours ago, Yayo6408 said:

There are many exceptions (e.g. Tomorrow Never Came with Sean Ono Lennon).

There are exceptions (Riverside). But TNC's demo is so much better. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

23 hours ago, Mer said:

Lana collabs with other artists just don't sound good...Her voice is too distinct and shines best on its own. Exception would be a rap features (meh) and deeper bass voices (like Wicked Game!). 

Yeah, It doesn't do her favor at all. In my mind are Don't Call Me Angel, especially because her verse suddenly becomes very slow tempo and dark which can make a listeners bored because they're used to the high popy tempo. 

Breaking Up Slowly is AWFUL, the studio version is good but live... don't watch it if you don't want to be disappointed in Lana, she sounds like she started singing 2 days before. 

I think the reason she usually sounds 5/10 if not worse live when collabing with someone is because her voice is pretty weak and she doesn't use a lot of vocal techniques so she can sound either weak when singing with someone with a stronger voice or amateur when singing with someone who's a perfectionist. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

For her work with features, I think I only like it with A$AP Rocky, and only because it's often a fun sexy beat to bop to. 

Otherwise, I also don't find her voice to match or compliment others' very well.

Lana’s live performance of Chelsea Hotel No. 2 with Adam Cohen is my favorite duet she’s ever done. I get chills every time 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I'm not really sure if this is unpopular, but I'm honestly grateful that Blue Banisters wasn't released on the original date (July 4th). It seems like such a fall album and a release date set in the middle of summer just wouldn't have fit it. 

imageproxy.jpg

It's been a while since I last came here for lack of time, but I'm back, and it's good to see you again. :flutter:

As for Lana I followed a bit what she did this summer and I was happy to see that she was doing well and all these beautiful selfies, these covers and Blue Banisters finally with a date of the beautiful visuals, that's great. She has always been beautiful but I love how the photos are really pretty and worked out.

And the picture of Barrie they were the perfect couple, I'm glad she didn't shut the door on this guy, he looks so cool and sweet. :wub:

Well I'm going to repeat myself with my long text boring, but I was once again honest about what I learned from Arcadia: :ohno:

As for Arcadia well it's a good title but it's still light years away from Video games as she described it. Although I liked the 3 titles released, I am really fed up with piano vocals, she can do so much better. The outro is original that said, I liked it.
So yes it's beautiful, it's slow, Lana Del Rey in her lust, it's perfect for her fans to make aesthetic videos with it, but I found that to be an abysmal void. It's really empty.
The clip is cool but we are far from the authenticity of his old home made which had something more in the scenarios, the effort which made them so fascinating and interesting.

In addition, this video seems to me to have been shot during the Chemtrails era (hairstyle and makeup) so no effort to dissociate the 2 eras.

She is at the point where she knows that the critics will give her a 10 because they do not like daring and prefer very clean songs, flat without risk, so she does not bother anymore and besides why she would do ? She has understood that she no longer needs to make efforts to sell.

She writes what she has in mind and does her clips anyhow, she knows she will always have applause and that's a problem.

Lana is unfortunately better with big orchestrations and without all that you feel it's pretty empty, elevator music (and I like it a lot). It's redundant and boring, I like her old computer guitar demos, it doesn't have the same flavor.
I know she's not on the same musical level anymore but it's pretty pretentious to say that her new music is really good when she does. I'm really waiting for the day she wakes up. I know Blue Banisters will be very beautiful, but once again I'm afraid of something forgettable and drowned among the thousands of piano voices she has done her last few times, and the worst thing is that everyone looks to like it and not realize the mess it makes available to us...

I'm waiting for the album to see how it all comes off, she's an artist who can surprise.

Warning: I still love her and she owes me nothing, but I think I'm crumpled because it's been 3 years since I really liked a song from her 100%, don't take this text as a hateful thing. :flop:

It's okay, go hit me :(

4 hours ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

It's been a while since I last came here for lack of time, but I'm back, and it's good to see you again. :flutter:

As for Lana I followed a bit what she did this summer and I was happy to see that she was doing well and all these beautiful selfies, these covers and Blue Banisters finally with a date of the beautiful visuals, that's great. She has always been beautiful but I love how the photos are really pretty and worked out.

And the picture of Barrie they were the perfect couple, I'm glad she didn't shut the door on this guy, he looks so cool and sweet. :wub:

Well I'm going to repeat myself with my long text boring, but I was once again honest about what I learned from Arcadia: :ohno:

As for Arcadia well it's a good title but it's still light years away from Video games as she described it. Although I liked the 3 titles released, I am really fed up with piano vocals, she can do so much better. The outro is original that said, I liked it.
So yes it's beautiful, it's slow, Lana Del Rey in her lust, it's perfect for her fans to make aesthetic videos with it, but I found that to be an abysmal void. It's really empty.

The clip is cool but we are far from the authenticity of his old home made which had something more in the scenarios, the effort which made them so fascinating and interesting.

In addition, this video seems to me to have been shot during the Chemtrails era (hairstyle and makeup) so no effort to dissociate the 2 eras.

She is at the point where she knows that the critics will give her a 10 because they do not like daring and prefer very clean songs, flat without risk, so she does not bother anymore and besides why she would do ? She has understood that she no longer needs to make efforts to sell.

She writes what she has in mind and does her clips anyhow, she knows she will always have applause and that's a problem.

Lana is unfortunately better with big orchestrations and without all that you feel it's pretty empty, elevator music (and I like it a lot). It's redundant and boring, I like her old computer guitar demos, it doesn't have the same flavor.
I know she's not on the same musical level anymore but it's pretty pretentious to say that her new music is really good when she does. I'm really waiting for the day she wakes up. I know Blue Banisters will be very beautiful, but once again I'm afraid of something forgettable and drowned among the thousands of piano voices she has done her last few times, and the worst thing is that everyone looks to like it and not realize the mess it makes available to us...

I'm waiting for the album to see how it all comes off, she's an artist who can surprise.

Warning: I still love her and she owes me nothing, but I think I'm crumpled because it's been 3 years since I really liked a song from her 100%, don't take this text as a hateful thing. :flop:

It's okay, go hit me :(

Oh my God, you literally said everything I really felt when I tried to convince myself to love the three singles + Arcadia as much as her old music. It's not it sis. I don't have fo add anything else since you're reading my mind. It does feel empty, like that toxic positivity movement. The only song that is comparable to her old music is Doing Time, Cinnamon Girl and Wildflower Wildfire, if WW had a little different production it could've easily belonged to Ultraviolence. I wish someone can take away that damn piano from her since she got waaaaay to comfortable for three albums. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Please don't attack me for this but I don't understand what anyone means when they say her lyrical style has improved. To me, it "seems" more mature because she's referencing different things now and writing in a different formula, but to me that's not an improvement. That's just a change. 

I actually have more trouble getting the real meaning of her songs than I did from AKA to Honeymoon. 

Ever since LFL it seems like she is trying to put in more meaning but everything comes off as vague and so unspecific,  like "only God knows what I mean" or "only the true stans will get it" and I'm honestly not into that. I think she has more trouble expressing what she's trying to say than she ever has. I think this is also why out of the 4 new songs I like WFWF the most because it's more of an expression of emotions and what has happened to her, no speculation or wondering what the significance is supposed to be.

I'm not expecting anyone else to agree. 

Edit: when I say these criticisms I'm actually glad that it seems most people are much happier with the current music, because it honestly feels like I'm missing out!

1 hour ago, Ultra Violet said:

Please don't attack me for this but I don't understand what anyone means when they say her lyrical style has improved. To me, it "seems" more mature because she's referencing different things now and writing in a different formula, but to me that's not an improvement. That's just a change. 

I actually have more trouble getting the real meaning of her songs than I did from AKA to Honeymoon. 

Ever since LFL it seems like she is trying to put in more meaning but everything comes off as vague and so unspecific,  like "only God knows what I mean" or "only the true stans will get it" and I'm honestly not into that. I think she has more trouble expressing what she's trying to say than she ever has. I think this is also why out of the 4 new songs I like WFWF the most because it's more of an expression of emotions and what has happened to her, no speculation or wondering what the significance is supposed to be.

I'm not expecting anyone else to agree. 

Edit: when I say these criticisms I'm actually glad that it seems most people are much happier with the current music, because it honestly feels like I'm missing out!

No I agree wholeheartedly

Also, lots of lyrics are worded very awkwardly. "In the month of mid July" was the beginning and now we've arrived at "run your hands over me like a Land Rover" 

I know what she's trying to say but it's expressed so awkwardly that I think it makes it sound like a Land Rover has hands that run over people. Bad attempt at expressing that metaphor imo

I haven't found any of her lyrics to be particularly brilliant lately. Insightful maybe, but not cleverly crafted. Wildfire is probably the best of the four lyrically

Her lyrics used to be very nuanced and filled with subtle messages that you had to really contemplate and Arcadia's lyrics are so simplistic and transparent that they almost sound like they belong in a song by The Wiggles explaining the circulatory system to 4 year olds

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

On 9/1/2021 at 11:41 AM, Vanilla Icy said:

most of her unreleased was scrapped for a reason. i don't think yes to heaven, fine china or most of her unreleased are better than anything in her released catalog 

On 9/1/2021 at 12:18 PM, prettywhenimhigh said:

same

it's pretty but makes sense why it stayed unreleased

clearly a lack of taste

my unpopular opinion:

The May Jailer era is one of her best

giphy.gif

i like arcadia, her vocals sound good but the vocals on some lines are simply painful on the ears especially in earphones :rip: idk if it’s her mic technique or if it’s the production or what but i have to turn the volume down right before a couple of certain lines

RVhKIwP.gif

6 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

The music video for white dress was not it :facepalm:

i realllyyyy wish she had roller skates and was at a trailer park and then spliced footage of lizzy interviews and videos were put amongst it :noparty: but i love it nonetheless

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost