Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

On 9/10/2021 at 9:11 AM, House of Balloons said:

I haven't looked forward to a LDR tour/festival since 2017. She has been recycling the same BTD/UV dominated setlist for years now and it's so tiring, it probably tires her too considering how apathetic she was during her recent shows. A part of me understands why she would perform her greatest hits on festivals but I don't think it would be necessary to ghost her recent albums in favor of BTD on her own tour. 

i havent seen her since 2015 but from all the videos i've seen i agree– and of course the setlist horror! i will hold out hope for a better setlist through the next tour BUT if she pulls another tour setlist like NFR again i'm giving up...that said would still like to see her live again :flop:

aOaIzH2.gif

Just now, Alison by Slowdive said:

the title 'nectar of the gods' isn't clicking w me (yet)

Oh same! I actually wish she had kept "Color Blue" - simple and sweet :toofunny: but maybe she changed up some parts of the song

In other news, my unpopular opinion: I don't really vibe with her super long titles in general. They sound/look like journal entry titles rather than song titles :rollin:

3 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

Lana leaving social media was the best choice for her reputation 

It’s probably best for her musically too. I don’t vibe with her lyrics when they’re about things that social media has caused, e.g. writing about the media misunderstanding her, using internet slang or virtue signalling due to hate, etc…

When she was talking about her revenge and the end clips of Arcadia video, I thought the whole “I don’t give a fuck” thing was her protesting a bit too much. I don’t think she has that attitude deep down. I think she gives too much of a fuck hence why a lot of her lyrics now revolve around the public’s perception of her.

Hopefully, she can learn to be unbothered by the masses now that she’s out of the public eye. It must absolutely destroy someone’s mental health

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

10 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i had no qualms w jack antonoff until the moment he heard NAWWAL's lyrics "...it's just wanderlust" and was like yeah keep it :oprah3: 

idk why but i love this song so much it's like a nice little hug. 

faSE.gif

I know there are people who want Lana to be back on drugs, but I hope she isn't. I couldn't handle it if she died cuz of drugs. I went through that with Amy Winehouse, Lil Peep, and Juice WRLD. I can't do it again, not with my favorite artist.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

I know there are people who want Lana to be back on drugs, but I hope she isn't. I couldn't handle it if she died cuz of drugs. I went through that with Amy Winehouse, Lil Peep, and Juice WRLD. I can't do it again, not with my favorite artist.

i sure hope this isn't an unpopular opinion! fuck anyone who doesn't care about others' health + wellbeing :burn:

mUENGN9.png

4 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i sure hope this isn't an unpopular opinion! fuck anyone who doesn't care about others' health + wellbeing :burn:

twitter "fans" are so trash

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, baddisease said:

The amount of people who say "Lana needs to start doing coke again" and see no issue with that is honestly so concerning. I don't care if you're talking about a celebrity or not, you shouldn't say something like that about anyone. Why would you want someone (someone who is a recovering addict at that) to do drugs because you're stuck in the past and wish they were still 25? 

imageproxy.jpg

Neil's work with Lana hasn't been good since Honeymoon and I think people don't want to admit it because we've built him up to be THE best Lana photographer in her career but it's just not good anymore I'm afraid

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

50 minutes ago, baddisease said:

anybody who thinks she should start using drugs again because they miss the "old lana" are straight-up garbage, i don't even know if they realize what they're really saying, drugs are no laughing matter, alcohol/cocaine can ruin people's lives

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

On 9/10/2021 at 8:20 AM, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

The Arcadia music video is cringey.

I like the song though. It's not as great as Video Games but it's okay. I like Wildflower more.

There‘s so many people going “Omg Video Games Part II, completely gives me VG vibes“ — honestly... AS IF anyone really would have made a connection between these two songs if Lana wouldn‘t have posted about it...

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

1 minute ago, BlueINK said:

There‘s so many people going “Omg Video Games Part II, completely gives me VG vibes“ — honestly... AS IF anyone really would have made a connection between these two songs if Lana wouldn‘t have posted about it...

For me the connection Lana drew wasn't necessarily about the songs themselves, but about how she wanted us to listen to Arcadia, like back when there weren't pre-conceived notions about her and people fell in love with the simple beauty of the music.

11 minutes ago, DCooper said:

For me the connection Lana drew wasn't necessarily about the songs themselves, but about how she wanted us to listen to Arcadia, like back when there weren't pre-conceived notions about her and people fell in love with the simple beauty of the music.

Good point! You‘re probably right.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

6 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i had no qualms w jack antonoff until the moment he heard NAWWAL's lyrics "...it's just wanderlust" and was like yeah keep it :oprah3: 

the wanderlust line freaks me out so I just skip the whole song I just don't hate it more than WAH

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

This year's Met Gala themed would be perfect for Lana's Americana image but unfortunately 2021 Lana would either not attend or wear a "at my daughter's 18th birthday party" dress. :stareney:

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif