Unpopular Lana Opinions

I find 'Chemtrails' to be way more enjoyable of a listen than 'NFR!'.Β :true:

On β€Ž9β€Ž/β€Ž18β€Ž/β€Ž2021 at 8:46 AM, lili said:

Yes!Β :kiss:

Β 

On β€Ž9β€Ž/β€Ž18β€Ž/β€Ž2021 at 8:45 AM, Rorman Nockwell said:

Sadly I feel the same way but of course I will give the album a chance

At the very least the UV outtakes should be interesting

What are these definite UV outtakes that you are certain of? On Blue Bannisters? I don't follow Lana's discography besides official releases. Thank You in advance. x

UV is my favorite Lana of all.

Baby now You do~

I didn’t particularly like her pre-Grammys look last time she attended, and I think her make up didn’t look great either (ditto actual Grammys). She didn’t look BAD- she really never does- but I thought the whole look was too basic- give me Gucci over-the-topness any day!

aOaIzH2.gif

10 minutes ago, nowyoudo said:

Β 

What are these definite UV outtakes that you are certain of? On Blue Bannisters? I don't follow Lana's discography besides official releases. Thank You in advance. x

UV is my favorite Lana of all.

first versions that we know of of Cherry Blossom, Living Legend and Nectar Of The Gods were created while Lana was creating UVΒ :oprah3:Β and If You LieΒ Down With Me was written with Barrie James O'Neill, her boyfriend of the time so it's probably based on UV outtake as well

strong like a tree but the unlucky oneΒ 

On 9/18/2021 at 12:18 AM, Rorman Nockwell said:

I feel like being even more unpopular than usual, so:

I have been contemplating CostcoΒ why she left socials and I actually think it has less to do with the media/hate than it does with burnout in relation to her art.Β 

In actuality, it's likely that the former exacerbated the latter. I know she's doing two albums but one is covers and the other is basically half old concepts.Β 

Idk if it's writer's block exactly. I think she might be finding herself not enjoying the process anymore, which in turn would lead to a downturn in creativity. I hope no one interprets this as a personal insult towards her because it's not. Many brilliantΒ people can suffer burnout.Β 

And so by removing herself from socials and by extension, her fans and all of the pressures associated with releases and keeping up appearances, she's probably hoping to simplify and find her way again.Β 

And maybe when she said she's leaving to seek transparency she means getting in touch with her own feelings and being honest with herself instead of trying to be and do what other people want, which she has seemed more prone to do the past couple of years.Β 

Β 

I agree with this. At first I was very sad about her leaving social media, but now I think that it will be a very positive change for her art.

Some of her best work may be coming out of this change. Social media consumption can be a bit of a creativity killer anyway, so I understand why she feels this is important for her to do.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

On 9/18/2021 at 3:18 PM, Rorman Nockwell said:

I feel like being even more unpopular than usual, so:

I have been contemplating CostcoΒ why she left socials and I actually think it has less to do with the media/hate than it does with burnout in relation to her art.Β 

In actuality, it's likely that the former exacerbated the latter. I know she's doing two albums but one is covers and the other is basically half old concepts.Β 

Idk if it's writer's block exactly. I think she might be finding herself not enjoying the process anymore, which in turn would lead to a downturn in creativity. I hope no one interprets this as a personal insult towards her because it's not. Many brilliantΒ people can suffer burnout.Β 

And so by removing herself from socials and by extension, her fans and all of the pressures associated with releases and keeping up appearances, she's probably hoping to simplify and find her way again.Β 

And maybe when she said she's leaving to seek transparency she means getting in touch with her own feelings and being honest with herself instead of trying to be and do what other people want, which she has seemed more prone to do the past couple of years.Β 

ooh thats a super interesting interpretation of "seeking transparency" and makes sm sense actually! it rly would be hard to be "transparent" if you were constantly being misunderstood and "taken out of context" so i guess she finds that the best way for her to express herself to the GP is through herΒ music alone

mUENGN9.png

7 hours ago, lover said:

first versions that we know of of Cherry Blossom, Living Legend and Nectar Of The Gods were created while Lana was creating UVΒ :oprah3:Β and If You LieΒ Down With Me was written with Barrie James O'Neill, her boyfriend of the time so it's probably based on UV outtake as well

Thank You x

Baby now You do~

14 minutes ago, The Greatest said:

Honeymoon is Lana’s worst album and not worth revisitingΒ 

Okay but this just doesn't make sense to me. Can you please elaborate as to why you feel this way?

IMO, what makes Honeymoon so good is that it's such a classic mood album. The entire album has this vibe that's like ... idk how to articulate. It just reminds me of those days in the summer that are so hot that they make you feel tired in the afternoon, but in a peaceful, happy way. I love it so much. And then it's just really cinematic and vibrant, too.

Β 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

i actually think a lot her song productions are pretty spot on, not to reflect so much the music of today, but to serve as a genuine expression of who she is as an artist. it's actually another redeeming quality about her music to not get so lost in what's trending, but true and self-respectful to who she is as an artist.Β 

oh also, BUS's actually real great, but there's just something about Nikki's voice that sorta brings me out of that sort of world and I personally don't like it. they sound great, but yeah two cents bout that.Β 

UV/Honeymoon

21 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Okay but this just doesn't make sense to me. Can you please elaborate as to why you feel this way?

IMO, what makes Honeymoon so good is that it's such a classic mood album. The entire album has this vibe that's like ... idk how to articulate. It just reminds me of those days in the summer that are so hot that they make you feel tired in the afternoon, but in a peaceful, happy way. I love it so much. And then it's just really cinematic and vibrant, too.

Β 

The thing with this unpopular Lana opinion is that I know I’m wrong but I just can’t see what everyone else sees. Like there’s no song on that album that really grabbed me and made me feel any particular way (yearning, nostalgia, introspection, etc.). I think I would like it better if it wasn’t her first album to introduce the more subdued production. But yeah just my unpopular opinion hahaΒ 

Lana still makes good music, but it just isn't the best music. She used to be the highlight of my ipod and Android music app, and that's just not how it is anymore.Β 

But even if she doesn't make music that slams me to my knees anymore, it's still good music because I still recommend it to others. There's still several songs that I would tell people that haven't heard her music in years to check out.Β 

And those songs are (probably the real unpopular opinions here)

Β 

Heroin, WTWWAWWKD, FIILY, MAC, California, CotCC, DBJAG, WFWF.

Β 

It's not many, I admit, but they're really good.Β 

And with the tracklist of BB, I will be telling people left and right to stream it.Β 

I think it's sad that Blue Banisters will be her first album without a 5 star title track.

BTD, UV, Honeymoon, LFL, NFR and COCC's title tracks were all among the best tracks on their respective albums. Frankly, I'd put Blue Banisters at the bottom of the four songs we have for that album rn and I'd definitely expect - and hope - that other songs on the album would surpass it, too.

ETA: Also, given that AKA didn't have a title track, I think she should put one on her next album to make up for it

The power that a song called "Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant" could have

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream