Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

After listening to 'Honeymoon' in full earlier- while I always thought it was objectively her best album- I never fully connected with every single song on the album. But listening to it, even the songs I didn't really care for initially, I was pleasantly surprised by them (namely 'HBTB' and 'Swan Song'). 

This album is simply gorgeous.

16 hours ago, your dealer said:

cherry blossom doesn't belong on BB and i wish she would've scrapped that snooze fest. 

I say this as a concerned Lanaboarder: get taste, it's a cute song.

12 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

She will set new standards I hope, but only if she has the heart to not release too many of her older songs.

Her older songs, almost all of them,  are really good and could be on different projects

15 hours ago, Angelic Tropico said:

I don’t think she’ll ever meet the standard of BTD, UV and HM again

Honeymoon isn't even good though. It's a mishmash of a bunch of random ass songs, like Lust for Life except Lust for Life is better.

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, baddisease said:

Honeymoon isn't even good though. It's a mishmash of a bunch of random ass songs, like Lust for Life except Lust for Life is better.

e3f12d425385527b9db44cdc20432a41.gif

Bruh

Turn off your phone 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

7 hours ago, Sportscruiser said:
  Hide contents

I just heard Nectar of The Gods for the first time and I don’t understand what’s so great about this song? The melodies are alright and lyrically the chorus is so insipid… I’m used to much better by our Queen Mother…

I really love the harmonies and how simple and laid-back it is. It’s the kind of song you could sing at a bonfire. 

4 hours ago, baddisease said:

HM is her most cohesive album aesthetically, sonically, structurally, thematically, etc…

YyMcvzO.jpg

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

1 hour ago, Angelic Tropico said:

HM is her most cohesive album aesthetically, sonically, structurally, thematically, etc…

YyMcvzO.jpg

How in the world are High By The Beach and 24 cohesive with the rest of the album?

and fwiw I say it sucks because it wasn't nearly as good as Ultraviolence. My favorite Lana albums are Sirens and Ultraviolence, and I can't twerk to either one.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Angelic Tropico said:

YyMcvzO.jpg

Twerks slowly to Salvatore and Art Deco

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

5 hours ago, baddisease said:

How in the world are High By The Beach and 24 cohesive with the rest of the album?

and fwiw I say it sucks because it wasn't nearly as good as Ultraviolence. My favorite Lana albums are Sirens and Ultraviolence, and I can't twerk to either one.

I said her most cohesive - not that it was 100% cohesive at all times in every way.

For the record, 24 and HBTB do fit with the album. 24 carries on the theme of time and it has a bold, warm sound that matches other songs such as Salvatore. HBTB has trap elements like Art Deco and it carries on the theme of issues relating to fame and relationships. Plus we all know that Interscope told Lana to make a more radio-friendly track and HBTB is what she came up with.

Are UV and Sirens really your favourite albums if you can’t twerk to them? :hype:

Everytime I try to fly, I fall