Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

'Not All Who Wander Are Lost' is underrated and underappreciated asf. It's sooooo good.Β :true:

23 hours ago, baddisease said:

Β 

I say this as a concerned Lanaboarder: get taste, it's a cute song.

Β 

Β 

Her older songs, almost all of them,Β  are really good and could be on different projects

Β 

Β 

Honeymoon isn't even good though. It's a mishmash of a bunch of random ass songs, like Lust for Life except Lust for Life is better.

@Elle Are we going to take this…?

giphy.gif

i kno i just recently said it but i need to say it again: the lyrics for the chorus on 'not all those who wander are lost' PERTURBS me. is anyone able to explain the pinterest lyrics to me in a way that will make me appreciate them? like... is it on purpose? is it irony? "not all those who wander are lost... it's just wanderlust" seems SOΒ incongruent w everything else she's ever written lolΒ 

Β 

and on that note. i hate jack

mUENGN9.png

24 minutes ago, athena said:

paradise is her worst project.

Β 

tasteless just tasteless

Β 

Β 

Β 

Fordham Road and A Star For NIck are Lana's best unreleased songs,

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

Β 

i LOVE freak but HBTB is really one of my least fav songs in her discography

Β 

Agreed. It's so generic and that song is the reason I avoided listening to Honeymoon for years. I noticed that it's usually non-fans's favorite besides Summertime Sadness.Β 

Honeymoon is probably my second favorite album now.Β 

Β 

Not an unpopular opinion but in case you didn't know try listening to Lana with crossfade. The feeling is unreal.Β :thirst:

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm freeΒ 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

8 hours ago, Party Favor said:

honeymoon is iconic, but MTWBT remains one of her bestΒ songsΒ :true:

Β 

no, it's trew it's trewΒ :true:

Blue banisters gave paradise competition for best album cover!

7 hours ago, shady said:

Β 

Agreed. It's so generic and that song is the reason I avoided listening to Honeymoon for years. I noticed that it's usually non-fans's favorite besides Summertime Sadness.Β 

Honeymoon is probably my second favorite album now.Β 

Β 

Not an unpopular opinion but in case you didn't know try listening to Lana with crossfade. The feeling is unreal.Β :thirst:

How can u be into crossfading and disrespectΒ HBTB,Β bruh

25 minutes ago, urgirl said:

Blue banisters gave paradise competition for best album cover!

Β 

I feel like this is really an unpopular opinion, given that the cover is heavily edited (and perhaps criticized for that). But I do think that 'Paradise' is her best cover. It's giving exotic, warm,Β late summer afternoon vibes and she looks bomb.Β :oprah3:

On 9/28/2021 at 2:23 AM, Alison by Slowdive said:

i kno i just recently said it but i need to say it again: the lyrics for the chorus on 'not all those who wander are lost' PERTURBS me. is anyone able to explain the pinterest lyrics to me in a way that will make me appreciate them? like... is it on purpose? is it irony? "not all those who wander are lost... it's just wanderlust" seems SOΒ incongruent w everything else she's ever written lolΒ 

Β 

Β 

honestly i do think there's a bit of weak songwriting from cotcc (although there is stand-out moments) but i actually really like the chorus of nawwal bc her voice sounds so sweet & fluttery, like a little songbird :wub:Β 

WGe8ynS.gif

Yosemite is honestly a career highlight for Lana. I know a lot of people don't like it, but I find it's simplicity to be a major part of it's beauty. It's required listening during an equinox or any seasonal changeΒ :true:

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β imageproxy.jpg

13 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

Β 

"Not all those who wander are lost" isΒ from lord of the rings, which I find kind of interesting bc she's never seemed to showΒ any interest in it.Β 

Spoiler

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king."

IdkΒ what the wanderlust thing is all about or how either of them really tie into the rest of the lyrics though, she probably just thought that it sounded nice or something.

Β 

Also I hate jack tooΒ :tsk:

after listening to the freak demo for a long time the oficially released version kinda sucks. the "AaAaAaAaAaAaAaA"s are kinda off and the rock drums would've worked better. the 2nd half of honeymoon should've been more rock influenced instead of trap