Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

freak studio version > freak demo

My dream Freak version would be the final one with the demo bridge after the final version bridge (kinda like the two part bridge of Salvatore) with similar production/instrumental to Religion's eerie outro/final chorus followed by the Freak chorus

Bel Air slaps. A cinematic sounding masterpiece :nails:

On 9/28/2021 at 2:23 AM, Alison by Slowdive said:

i kno i just recently said it but i need to say it again: the lyrics for the chorus on 'not all those who wander are lost' PERTURBS me. is anyone able to explain the pinterest lyrics to me in a way that will make me appreciate them? like... is it on purpose? is it irony? "not all those who wander are lost... it's just wanderlust" seems SO incongruent w everything else she's ever written lol 

and on that note. i hate jack

All i can think of is gandalf, the eye of sauron, and dating profiles of those people who say they love to travel and create cheesy shit like this:

02511586a8f9fc49a2c76716a64639f4.jpg 

On 9/28/2021 at 3:40 PM, West Coast said:

I feel like this is really an unpopular opinion, given that the cover is heavily edited (and perhaps criticized for that). But I do think that 'Paradise' is her best cover. It's giving exotic, warm, late summer afternoon vibes and she looks bomb. :oprah3:

i don't care if the paradise cover is edited, it's still my favorite cover of her's, it's luscious & summery, the perfect lana del rey vibe :oprah3:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

On 9/28/2021 at 1:40 PM, West Coast said:

I feel like this is really an unpopular opinion, given that the cover is heavily edited (and perhaps criticized for that). But I do think that 'Paradise' is her best cover. It's giving exotic, warm, late summer afternoon vibes and she looks bomb. :oprah3:

I had it as a poster once -shrug-

Blue banisters out oct 22

To the exception of LFL, I always prefer the final version to all the demos she made. LB gets carried away way too much when a demo leaks and is called « better than the final version » or « better than half of the LFL album » (the LFL slander is old, get over it. If she had released another album like HM - which was the OG version of it, based on the demos - I’m sure many would have found it boring and too much « one note », just like what is said of Chemtrails).

22 hours ago, Florida Dark said:

Guys im sorry i know its not her best song at all but no matter how much people slander it i love Guns and Roses

brandy-crying.gif

motorcycle love divine
I should have learned to let you play
I wasn't the marrying kind
I should have done it anyway

:sluttybunny:

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

22 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

To the exception of LFL, I always prefer the final version to all the demos she made. LB gets carried away way too much when a demo leaks and is called « better than the final version » or « better than half of the LFL album » (the LFL slander is old, get over it. If she had released another album like HM - which was the OG version of it, based on the demos - I’m sure many would have found it boring and too much « one note », just like what is said of Chemtrails).

I agree to a certain point. I do think that most of the time the final versions fit their respective albums much better (with the exception of the BAR lyric change). However, while I love the final version of this album to death I think it would be really cool to hear an alternative version of HM. Listening to the demos for God Knows I Tried, The Blackest Day and Freak Like Me (which kind of relates a lot to the live version of Honeymoon) I think it would be an interesting experience. Imagine songs like Religion and Salvatore in this kind of style ...

I know she'll never do that but an anniversary release of HM with two discs, one containing the final album and one having the original concept would be wonderful. Kinda like the "No More Sweet Music" album by Hooverphonic, which featured a "remixed", more experimental version of the songs.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

3 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

I agree to a certain point. I do think that most of the time the final versions fit their respective albums much better (with the exception of the BAR lyric change). However, while I love the final version of this album to death I think it would be really cool to hear an alternative version of HM. Listening to the demos for God Knows I Tried, The Blackest Day and Freak Like Me (which kind of relates a lot to the live version of Honeymoon) I think it would be an interesting experience. Imagine songs like Religion and Salvatore in this kind of style ...

I know she'll never do that but an anniversary release of HM with two discs, one containing the final album and one having the original concept would be wonderful. Kinda like the "No More Sweet Music" album by Hooverphonic, which featured a "remixed", more experimental version of the songs.

do you think she'll do an anniversary release for BTD?

giphy.gif

48 minutes ago, baddisease said:

I really don't think so. In case she reactivated her instagram until then she will do a sloppy posts featuring random selfies and throwback-pictures 4 days after the anniversary. But nothing else.

Maybe the label will try to push something, but that will most likely not contain outtakes/demos but instead consist of  a special vinyl-issue or a bundle with some of those terrible, random remixes.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

1 hour ago, baddisease said:

I know the question isn't directed at me but I'm 100% sure she will release an exclusive vinyl copy, probably a different color but I don't think the difference will be significant. It would be awesome if she replaced the three bonus songs with some completely different from that era that were never released. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

I dont think yes to heaven should be released in a record anymore, she already tried with sooo many projects like, uv, honey, chem, blue bannisters, give it a break to the song lol. The only solution I can think of is releasing as a promo single randomly like looking for america and stuff

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

On 10/2/2021 at 4:50 AM, YourGirl666 said:

UFB sounds messy sometimes, but I still love it. Same with Dealer.

UFB sounds like Dealer x Flipside x Hey Blue Baby

It's such a vibe...

Del  The mind loves it!

DK Is Back

On 9/7/2012 at 2:56 AM, Sitar said:

Post your unpopular opinions on Lana Del Rey here! I will of course start:

The No Kung Fu "Yayo" shits all over the album version.

No Kung Fu > AKA > Paradise. :true: