Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I am not a a fan of her last albums.

Norman Fucking Rockwell, Chemtrails Over The Country Club, and Blue Bannisters (possibly because Arcadia).

(like a few songs but not adore)

Not that i hate but i just don't feel the same as the others.

I see her evolving as a musician and is really a natural thing to change your music, and i understand and respect that.

I just can't hate Lana's music, because the lyrics and melody are too good, she's a finest lyrism musician.

1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

I've never been so unexcited about a Lana release before as I am for Blue Banisters. COTCC (the album) didn't click with me a whole lot, but so far, everything with Blue Banisters clicks with me like even 10 times than even COTCC did.

I could go without hearing BB, WW, TB, or Arcadia ever again and be completely indifferent.

It SUCKS to feel this way about one of your favorite artists of all time and one that has always immediately clicked with you every era previously. :toofunny:

Yeah. I don't even remember when I last heard anything from the Chemtrails album or any of those Blue Banisters songs. And it sucks to feel disconnected that way. I, at this point, am more interested in the covers album than anything else. ?

i am the most excited for blue banisters than i have been for the album releases i’ve experienced (nfr, violet, chemtrails). the amazing unreleased, gorgeous album covers and prerelease singles are really amazing and something i’m so so excited by. i hope you guys feel the same closer to the release, or after you hear it!! :cryney2:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

2 hours ago, scarlettohara said:

tex & mex getting on an album cover before niko & topanga is literal anti-cat propaganda & discrimination and lana is gonna hear from my lawyers :oprah3: #justice4cats

Well one of those cat stole her moment in the Tulsa Instagram video so… and someone has read the poem about Nico? 

Nico calls me Elizabeth,
he reminds me to take my medication every day at four and then when I say I’m still anxious
he says-
that’s what you’re here for.
And there’s something in the way he looks at me
a little bit too long
that makes me feel good about leaving my ex
makes me feel like a song
makes me feel like a poem that he’s reading
scanning me like paper
It hurts a little bit to watch him watch me
but it’s better than being led on

I think that Wildflower Wildfire should have been the title track instead of BB. I feel like there are so many references to flowers and nature throughout the songs we know about so far, and even in some of those we don't (Violets for Roses). There were rumors going around that she was thinking of changing the title, so I wouldn't be surprised if that, or another song referencing flowers, were under consideration. Sure, "blue" is also a cohesive theme with it being referenced in Nectar of the Gods, BB, and possibly more songs, but I feel like something referencing nature would have fit more since WW, Cherry Blossom, Arcadia, Thunder, Violets for Roses (at least the name), and even BB reference flowers/nature. Super nit-picky, and I still love the name BB, but that's my contribution to this thread lol 

In a weird way I think that 'Text Book' is her most questionable opening track, yet it's also one or her best songs in recent years. :oprah2:

9 hours ago, UhaulJ0e said:

I think that Wildflower Wildfire should have been the title track instead of BB. I feel like there are so many references to flowers and nature throughout the songs we know about so far, and even in some of those we don't (Violets for Roses). There were rumors going around that she was thinking of changing the title, so I wouldn't be surprised if that, or another song referencing flowers, were under consideration. Sure, "blue" is also a cohesive theme with it being referenced in Nectar of the Gods, BB, and possibly more songs, but I feel like something referencing nature would have fit more since WW, Cherry Blossom, Arcadia, Thunder, Violets for Roses (at least the name), and even BB reference flowers/nature. Super nit-picky, and I still love the name BB, but that's my contribution to this thread lol 

Wildflower Wildfire would have been a wonderful album name, although I don't mind Blue Banisters.

Her worst album title is still hands down, NFR.

10 hours ago, UhaulJ0e said:

I would never have though that, but now I will absolutely think that 

20 hours ago, DCooper said:

I think it represents false hope and broken promises, and just general disappointment of when things don't go the way you want them to. In the song she explains that this guy promised to come back every May and help paint her banisters blue, but he doesn't come, so her sisters come and paint them green and grey to help her move on from the past. Given that she's said this album is about her whole story, I think the title makes a lot of sense. There's a lot of stress surrounding her past and how she's been treated, and it seems like she'll be exploring a lot of those feelings. Hopefully the process of this record has helped her paint those blue banisters of her life green and grey :cryney2:

Would be kinda cute if she posted a photo of her green and grey banisters on her honeymoon ig account on release day. 

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

12 hours ago, UhaulJ0e said:

I feel like BB is metaphorical and means change - in the song this man is supposed to paint her bannisters blue but then friends end up painting them grey or green i don’t remember (:rip:). So it’s like this album (or maybe her in general) want to become less boy crazy and  more focused on friends and family and herself. and i think thats why she kept it as album title even tho it’s not the most spectacular or catchy title. 

6 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Wildflower Wildfire would have been a wonderful album name, although I don't mind Blue Banisters.

Her worst album title is still hands down, NFR.

I said it once that Wildflower Wildfire may be too hard for foreigners to pronounce but I definitely like it more than Blue Banisters. It's a combination of delicate and agressive. She always chooses a good album title except NFR. When I saw that name for the first time I was like wtf. 

3 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

The outstretched tongue and middle finger in the Arcadia video is immature and destroys the credibility of the preceding four minutes.

Literally feels like I'm watching a tiktok parody. Video Games seemed like a creative amateur video made with a lot of effort. Arcadia feels like something Addison Rae would film. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

19 hours ago, Venice said:

It definitely does suck, but it'ssss okay <3 I probably won't ever be revisiting those songs either, just not the right vibe for me (at this point of my life anyway) - happens! I'm actually more excited about her future projects when she moves on to a different sound. She'll always have a spesh place in my heart tho, even if she stays like dis :crying4: 

I like that you said this. When Honeymoon was released I hated it. Because I was in a UV mood (sad and kind of angry at nobody in particular) and Honeymoon was too "boring" to me. But then I got much better mentally and calmed down and today UV and HM are the two masterpieces of Lanas career to me. 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

5 hours ago, BlueINK said:

I like that you said this. When Honeymoon was released I hated it. Because I was in a UV mood (sad and kind of angry at nobody in particular) and Honeymoon was too "boring" to me. But then I got much better mentally and calmed down and today UV and HM are the two masterpieces of Lanas career to me. 

Yeah! So many times, sometimes even several years later, I've found myself deeply falling in love with a Lana song or album that I didn't care for previously or maybe didn't even like at all. Life is such a trip :air: