Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

5 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

interlude - the trio is one of my fav tracks on BB :w8ing:

ur not alone :agree: a career highlight I'm afraid

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

9 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Idk if it's just my current mood but Blue Banisters is doing absolutely nothing for me. 

I wanna like it so much but it somehow feels like leftovers

I'll come back to it in a few weeks and try again

Do you have any songs on it that you enjoy?

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

On 10/21/2021 at 2:37 AM, lover said:
  Hide contents

her not reworking the tracks leaked from UV sessions almost ruins the album :rip: on the other tracks, the production sounds fresh and almost experimental, there is a great mixture of different instruments and styles and then there are the acoustic demos of Nectar and Living Legend. even though it surely adds to the diversive nature of the album, I don't care for it and I wish she had reworked them a bit

No yeah, there's like a noticeable juxtaposition between the leaked songs and the ones that are newer. And the fact that the album is supposed to be some sort of timeline from Lizzy to now...having these songs that, imo, sound unfinished represent her most current state ruins that concept for me. I like the songs but they make BB seem more like a collection rather than a cohesive album/story that she was trying to portray. I'm in love with the Thunder re-up and it hurts knowing she could have done this with the other outtakes 

sgopYhV.gif

1 hour ago, Doll Harlow said:

Do you have any songs on it that you enjoy?

Yes! I really like Beautiful, Dealer, NotG and I think some of the other tracks might grow on me but in my head this album is a mess

I'm struggling to perceive it as one body of work 

Idk as I said I'll give it some time

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

14 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

boarding school is the song i'm probably least interested in in all her discography

:ohsnap:

Spoiler

Cheap trailer trash and everyone knows it but she got a great ass and she knows how to show it :dance:

Tbh I think the album would’ve been perfectly fine without beautiful, violets for roses, and cherry blossom :true: in fact, it seems more cohesive without these songs (also my most skipped songs hehe). 

also, the fact that trio doesn’t transition smoothly into BBS? an absolute missed opportunity. idk, I know Lana made the track list to chronicle her life as lizzy to now, but I think a lot of people would enjoy the album more if it was rearranged differently. Personally, I don’t even think the tracklist is a good representation of lizzy to Lana, but it’s also not my life story to tell

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

1. Text Book

2. Blue Banisters

3. Arcadia

4. Black Bathing Suit

5. Dealer

6. Thunder

7. Wildflower Wildfire 

8. Sweet Carolina

There it is, perfect BB. We have progression (TB, BB, BBS, D, WW) we have classic lana (Arcadia) and mix of both (Thunder & SC). And don’t get me wrong I like all the songs but those UV outtakes are truly unnecessary, same with Cherry. She has 7 albums and we need evolution, not weaker versions of older songs

1 hour ago, Party Favor said:

Tbh I think the album would’ve been perfectly fine without Nectar of the Gods, Arcadia and Cherry Blossom :true: in fact, it seems more cohesive without these songs (also my most skipped songs hehe). 

Naur, it's true. :true:

Damn You is bad and one of Lana's worst unreleased songs :eek: I couldn't care less about the final version leaking (although I did like that alt. Chris Braide version of it)

imageproxy.jpg

On 10/19/2021 at 9:04 AM, Crimson and Clover said:
  Hide contents

Arcadia, Beautiful and Violets are so syrupy to me. I think Lana has always made music that adults would enjoy, like Video Games, Young and Beautiful, Old Money, HM, Love Song ,etc but these straight up sound like adult contemporary songs that would play at my local CVS or something. Strange to see an album full of this and then Dealer lol though it concerns me that these songs are likely her most recently written ones??

i love VFR but agree on beautiful (especially) and arcadia– hard to square away that the same artist who made BBS made those

aOaIzH2.gif

2 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

lana's old songwriting > lana's recent/current songwriting :oopna:

if you mean

writing songs about something that possibly never happened, creating new worlds with your music, using captivating language with scenarios and allegories > writing songs about literally anything and anyone without proper editing like any diary entry, making the result seem like you're bored to even try to come up with something exciting 

then I must admit, I agree :true:

Spoiler

I will always love her poetry and lyrics and BB truly has some great moments but still

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

I love Black Bathing Suit but can’t stand those birds bitches hollering in the first few seconds, like shut the fuck up

I’ll have to crop them out later 😒✂️ 

3 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

lana's old songwriting > lana's recent/current songwriting :oopna:

It depends on the song for me. Like, for example, I think that AKA has some of the best lyrics Lana's ever written but I also think that Blue Banisters does. And then there's a few older lyrics that just make me cringe, same going for recent lyrics. That was just a long way to say I'm somewhere in the middle on that lol :omfg2:

imageproxy.jpg