Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

10 hours ago, athena said:

paradise is otherworldly, captivating, beautiful and her best body of work with honeymoon and ultraviolence. the luscious and luxorious style, cinematic instrumentals, iconic visuals... it has one imperfection and that is being too short

you spilled 

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

17 hours ago, lover said:

if you mean

writing songs about something that possibly never happened, creating new worlds with your music, using captivating language with scenarios and allegories > writing songs about literally anything and anyone without proper editing like any diary entry, making the result seem like you're bored to even try to come up with something exciting 

then I must admit, I agree :true:

Hide contents

I will always love her poetry and lyrics and BB truly has some great moments but still

Said it perfectly

12 hours ago, KingJay said:

Fax no printer.. 

I just don't understand how people can hate or dislike that song. It's amazing, the beat, the melody and the feature. Yes it's repetitive But it's still catchy af. 

for example the beat is so dope. It sounds "witchy" if that makes any sense lol. I love it.

at least to me, i feel like the final version is just a little… corny? it’s like it’s trying a little too hard.

whereas the early demos have more of that classic lana twang that works so well and makes sense for her 

https://whatculture.com/music/every-lana-del-rey-album-ranked-worst-to-best

Imagine having the audacity to put HM on the last place (excluding AKA because it's unreleased) and calling the album dull and claiming it has no progression while claiming the opposite for COCC and BB? I genuinely don't know what the critics see in her post NFR work. Okay, at least this article appreciates UV and BTD. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

12 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

I like them. Every time I hear crows or ravens outside, I now think of this song.

That's nice. I hear the crows from time to time too, but I don't think of Lana. I just want them all to stfu :oprah:

6 hours ago, lover said:

you spilled 

I love your interpretations omg 😂

On 10/24/2021 at 4:59 PM, Venice said:

I love Black Bathing Suit but can’t stand those birds bitches hollering in the first few seconds, like shut the fuck up

I’ll have to crop them out later 😒✂️ 

this made me laugh so fucking much :eartha:

People who say Lana has yet to top Ultraviolence must not have heard any Lana albums after it because she's topped it at least 3 times objectively 

imageproxy.jpg

2 hours ago, shady said:

https://whatculture.com/music/every-lana-del-rey-album-ranked-worst-to-best

Imagine having the audacity to put HM on the last place (excluding AKA because it's unreleased) and calling the album dull and claiming it has no progression while claiming the opposite for COCC and BB? I genuinely don't know what the critics see in her post NFR work. Okay, at least this article appreciates UV and BTD. 

i don't understand the trend of people severely underrating honeymoon or acting like it's boring, it may be a little bit slow & sub-dued compared to born to die, ultraviolence, or nfr, but i honestly think it's full of life & it features some of the best songs of her career, title track, mtwbt, terrence loves you, freak, art deco, religion, salvatore, the blackest day, 24, swan song... etc. it's such a floral, breezy album, yet luscious & melancholic, it makes you wonder if the critics even listened to the album :azealia: honestly i think the only reason why blue banisters is being ranked so high at all is because it's new, i 100% respect it for being a body of work in which she dives deep within herself & serves a lot of honesty & vulnerability, but it has issues which i can't really look past (in my own opinion)

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

2 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

I like the interlude

I didn't like it at first but it has grown on me. I think I don't like it in this particular order :eartha2: IMO it would have been better if she put it before Dealer so it would have been followed by something strong/impactful as well.

10 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't understand the trend of people severely underrating honeymoon or acting like it's boring, it may be a little bit slow & sub-dued compared to born to die, ultraviolence, or nfr, but i honestly think it's full of life & it features some of the best songs of her career, title track, mtwbt, terrence loves you, freak, art deco, religion, salvatore, the blackest day, 24, swan song... etc. it's such a floral, breezy album, yet luscious & melancholic, it makes you wonder if the critics even listened to the album :azealia: honestly i think the only reason why blue banisters is being ranked so high at all is because it's new, i 100% respect it for being a body of work in which she dives deep within herself & serves a lot of honesty & vulnerability, but it has issues which i can't really look past (in my own opinion)

I mean, I just love BB for what it is (although my album rankings are changing every day, so I never know where it's gonna be for me lol), but I really cannot understand why Honeymoon has always gotten the treatment it has. I don't think I saw people fully appreciating Honeymoon until last year or maybe even this year. The fact that that record was hated when it came out baffles me. It's so serene and timeless, and despite being slow, it captures you. I would probably go as far as to say it's her most cinematic album yet. And the jazz influence on that album is stunning. Side note here, but I wish Lana would do a full jazz record. Those horns at the end of If You Lie Down were such a tease :trisha: But yeah, all in all, Honeymoon is a masterpiece and I can honestly seeing it going on to become a classic years down the line. 

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, Super Movie said:

I mean, I just love BB for what it is (although my album rankings are changing every day, so I never know where it's gonna be for me lol), but I really cannot understand why Honeymoon has always gotten the treatment it has. I don't think I saw people fully appreciating Honeymoon until last year or maybe even this year. The fact that that record was so hated when it came out baffles me. It's so serene and timeless, and despite being slow, it captures you. I would probably go as far as to say it's her most cinematic album yet. And the jazz influence on that album is stunning. Side note here, but I wish Lana would do a full jazz record. Those horns at the end of If You Lie Down were such a tease :trisha: But yeah, all in all, Honeymoon is a masterpiece and I can honestly seeing it going on to become a classic years down the line. 

i personally love music which is "slow" yet abstract, hypnotizing, psychedelic, earthly, etc. so it makes sense why i feel so captivated by it, there's something very oceanic & floral about it's production, & like i said, anything which is "earthly" is something i really love, i don't get why people think it's boring & pointless in her discography when it's such a unique body of work, i do think it's a little less "accessible", when i was first becoming a true, big fan of lana, it took me a while to really get into the album, but now it's in my top 3! :heart: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

35 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Side note here, but I wish Lana would do a full jazz record. Those horns at the end of If You Lie Down were such a tease :trisha: 

I'm with you! I feel so teased by the jazzy piano on Sweet Carolina, the horns on IYLDWM, the almost free-form drumming on Black Bathing Suit, and even the more progressive, complex piano cascading along Beautiful. I'm a huge fan of Lana backed by strings, horns, piano, etc. I would love for an album full of jazzier tunes. I have a feeling we'll get one someday.