Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I again realized how much I dislike her outros on a lot of songs. The outros are kinda boring most of the time and just instrumentals on loop or something. The Greatest doesn't need the last minute. The Cinnamon Girl outro sounds like a fanmade beat and without it the song would be much cooler just like TJF. Chemtrails would have been stronger without the boring outro (especially when they cut the vocals that are in the video version).

Also: I want a piano version of How To Disappear. I hate the ugly Christmas beat remix and those bells. It sounds so out of place on NFR it's crazy.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3260-1375807715-35.

3 minutes ago, picturebook said:

I again realized how much I dislike her outros on a lot of songs. The outros are kinda boring most of the time and just instrumentals on loop or something. The Greatest doesn't need the last minute. The Cinnamon Girl outro sounds like a fanmade beat and without it the song would be much cooler just like TJF. Chemtrails would have been stronger without the boring outro (especially when they cut the vocals that are in the video version).

Also: I want a piano version of How To Disappear. I hate the ugly Christmas beat remix and those bells. It sounds so out of place on NFR it's crazy.

but if you lie down with me outro is a serve

5 minutes ago, picturebook said:

I hate the ugly Christmas beat remix and those bells.

I actually put How To Disappear on my Christmas playlist because of the bells :gasp:

imageproxy.jpg

13 hours ago, picturebook said:

I feel this way but with the intros, I'm tired of her not exploring mood introduction with intros.

13 hours ago, Super Movie said:

I actually put How To Disappear on my Christmas playlist because of the bells :gasp:

Ooo. Maybe this is how I can enjoy the song :gasp: 

On 10/27/2021 at 11:34 PM, Future Jazz said:

I can't believe people often quote NFR as part of their holy trinity. I view it as the worst album she ever put out, after Lust For Life.

The production on this album has such a strong watered-down feel to it that it feels like there is a veil between sound and listener that hinders communication between both on literally every song, making her voice sound distant. The electric guitars that are used sound nothing like those on Ultraviolence or even on songs like Heroin, they sound like weird keyboards, which makes it hard for me to give any credit to the rock feel she was going for on songs like Venice Bitch and The Greatest. Same for the violins. It's crazy how good the violons on Violets for Roses or Thunder sound compared to the cheap violins Jack used on Love Song or Venice Bitch. I don't buy the more upbeat side of it either, because it's like she threw in a few 'urban' elements or lyrics without ever making an actual bop. The piano ballads are forgettable. The album has some good songs, but as a whole, I see it as bland and watered down. It's still good, because it's Lana's voice and melodies, but it's really bland. Apart from Hope and How To Disappear, I find the lyrics to be extremely poor and uninspired, which is why I have a hard time seeing this album as a commentary on the state of America. I just can't consider "I miss X and I miss Y and I miss Z" to be relevant and serious enough to be even a bit of a social or political commentary. I mean, I know she said in interviews that the title was supposed to evoke what Norman Rockwell, or America from the fifties in general, would say about today's society. But I just can't derive from

the album any idea or conception regarding that commentary. It's like she said she made a commentary on America on this album without actually making any of it. The critics - and, in my opinion, the fans - made it way deeper than it is.

Not to mention how painful the era was. Waiting for a year between the single and the album was the worst she put us through. I loathed the whole baddie aesthetic she had going on. I hated the way her managers interacted with us. I hated Don't Call Me Angel. And by the time the album came out, there were only two songs we had heard nothing of, because she posted countless snippets. The music videos were dreadful.

Chemtrails, although suffering from the same flaws linked with Jack's production, was at least much more humble a project, and created more of a pleasant atmosphere. It also had better lyrics and a better rollout.

I respect your opinion but I definetely don't agree on "the fans made It way deeper" part. It's music not political commentary trying to offer solutions, and you have to put the album in its time context. Yes, the political commentary may be not that deep, but I think the music does have to serve the function of conveying feelings and emoticons, not offering actual metacommentary. Like, in the greatest it's not like she's adressing real political situations, but she mentions them and that serves as the context, the scenario and Lana does convey the feeling of hopelessness and resignation that many of us feel in this time and age. When I listen to the greatest I feel like im watching the world burning and there's nothing I can do. This song does feel like funereal march for humanity and our culture and the search for simpler times when we were doing nothing. Idk to me the greatest is really a masterpiece and it taps right into generational anxiety about politics and climate change, and decadence in general.

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

i actually love the bells on how to disappear but i agree the beats shouldn't've been added. interesting though how most people in here would like it to be a piano ballad and then trash anything that is a piano ballad

2 minutes ago, your dealer said:

i'll never understand how everyone here says honeymoon is one of their favorite albums with the streaming numbers looking that way 

what is the truth :bebe:

Most of Lana's streams are coming from NFR and BTD (and BB right now) from the GP, so the reason why Honeymoon's streams are lower is because it really is mostly or even only fans streaming it :lange: Honeymoon deserves so much better 

imageproxy.jpg

14 minutes ago, your dealer said:

i'll never understand how everyone here says honeymoon is one of their favorite albums with the streaming numbers looking that way 

streaming numbers tell the truth / don't tell the truth

Just now, your dealer said:

The Lanaboards' Honeymoon's worshippers are quite a tiny, microscopic group of people with an insignificant impact of Lana's streaming numbers. Nothing we can do about that :( 

13 minutes ago, Dark But Just A Kenny said:

Not everyone has spotify, darling:w8ing:

i mean it's free and also i dont have it either 

but also for comparison, everyone also lists UV as one of their favorite albums and the numbers actually reflect that. 

faSE.gif