Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

37 minutes ago, your dealer said:

i'll never understand how everyone here says honeymoon is one of their favorite albums with the streaming numbers looking that wayย 

ย 

what is the truthย :bebe:

ย 

you do know we're a very small percentage of the fandom right?

1.jpgย  3.jpgย ย 2.jpgย 

17 hours ago, your dealer said:

i'll never understand how everyone here says honeymoon is one of their favorite albums with the streaming numbers looking that wayย 

ย 

ย 

Because it's a favorite among stans.

ย 

Theory 1# :ย Casual listeners sometimes listen to High By The Beach and Music To Watch Boys To. In my opinion she chose the wrong songs as singles/promo songs (except Freak) because they sound like generic LDR songs, which makes people believe the same for the album. I barely gave it a listen until late 2020 because I thought it was going to be something generic but fell in love immediately.ย 

ย 

Theory 2# : People were still in the UV dark mood and weren't ready to for a sunny ethereal era of Honeymoon, TLY, Salvatore etc. Maybe if she released it in 2016 it would've been better. Not only that but if she released those three songs I mentioned as singles with music videos I assume I would've been a much bigger album.ย 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm freeย 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

On 10/30/2021 at 5:40 AM, shady said:

ย 

Because it's a favorite among stans.

ย 

Theory 1# :ย Casual listeners sometimes listen to High By The Beach and Music To Watch Boys To. In my opinion she chose the wrong songs as singles/promo songs (except Freak) because they sound like generic LDR songs, which makes people believe the same for the album. I barely gave it a listen until late 2020 because I thought it was going to be something generic but fell in love immediately.ย 

ย 

Theory 2# : People were still in the UV dark mood and weren't ready to for a sunny ethereal era of Honeymoon, TLY, Salvatore etc. Maybe if she released it in 2016 it would've been better. Not only that but if she released those three songs I mentioned as singles with music videos I assume I would've been a much bigger album.ย 

i don't think so honestly, if anything she chose the right tracks as singles. people don't listen to honeymoon because it's a slow album and it came right after the ultimate "rock bangers" album for her. it's kinda like a melodrama to solar power moment, except honeymoon is goodย :hype:

On 10/29/2021 at 10:05 AM, your dealer said:

ย 

the only ones streaming honeymoon are the actual fans. you think we're the ones keepingย born to dieย on the bb200 and giving it great recurrent streams?ย :toofunny:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

I'm honestly glad that none of the BTD outtakes made it onto the album. I can't image songs like Paris, You Can Be The Boss or even Serial Killer on the same album as songs like Off To The Races and the rest of the album for that matter. The only outtake I think could've fit in with the rest of the album is Paradise and even that's a stretch. I can see a final version of Hollywood's Dead fitting too, but I'd have to hear it to confirm that.ย 

ย 

While I'm at it, I'm glad that most of Lana's outtakes didn't make their respective albums. I think a lot of them would've thrown the flow of the album off unless they were entirely reworked. However, Your Girl should've been on Ultraviolence.ย 

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย imageproxy.jpg

Coachellaย would be worshipped if it had the same production asย Yosemite.ย While itโ€™s not my favorite lyrically, the Instagram acapella snippet of it outsold & I stand by that:oprah3:

โ€œโ€ฆand this is all I looked for all my life โ€“ to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear ofโ€ฆmisuse, betrayal.โ€
Sylvia Plathย 

while im feelingย honest- Beautifulย is kind of anย embarrassing moment for her. she is literally comparing herself to Picasso in a song that has some of the most painfully basic and uncreative lyrics of her career and could go on a home goods needlepoint pillow. I STILL LOVE THE SONG but only bc i love her and I see what she was tryign to do with it. if it were anyone else though...

s7alxns1r2x71.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

32 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I'm honestly glad that none of the BTD outtakes made it onto the album. I can't image songs like Paris, You Can Be The Boss or even Serial Killer on the same album as songs like Off To The Races and the rest of the album for that matter. The only outtake I think could've fit in with the rest of the album is Paradise and even that's a stretch. I can see a final version of Hollywood's Dead fitting too, but I'd have to hear it to confirm that.ย 

ย 

While I'm at it, I'm glad that most of Lana's outtakes didn't make their respective albums. I think a lot of them would've thrown the flow of the album off unless they were entirely reworked. However, Your Girl should've been on Ultraviolence.ย 

ย 

i feel like if anything, hundred dollar bill would've fit born to die, a lot of the outtakes are silly pop songs which don't fit the luxurious melodrama of born to die, butย i feel like hundred dollar bill could if it had updated production

#lana del rey from NFR!ย ย #lana del rey from NFR!ย ย #lana del rey from NFR!

7 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

ย 

i feel like if anything, hundred dollar bill would've fit born to die, a lot of the outtakes are silly pop songs which don't fit the luxurious melodrama of born to die, butย i feel like hundred dollar bill could if it had updated production

Yeah, I can see that too. But like you said, the production would've had to be changed a bit. Lyrically I think that it would've been a perfect fit (I wouldn't mind if it had taken the place of some other songsย :blush2:)

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย imageproxy.jpg

44 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

ย 

i wholeheartedly agree. personally i don't see any other song in her discography (released OR unreleased) fitting onto BTD, which has a lot to do with the specificity of it's production style but also just lyrics and general themes. I see ppl saying French Restaurant should have been on BTD and I'm like girl it's a piano ballad did u even listen to BTD

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

8 hours ago, drugmunny said:

while im feelingย honest- Beautifulย is kind of anย embarrassing moment for her. she is literally comparing herself to Picasso in a song that has some of the most painfully basic and uncreative lyrics of her career and could go on a home goods needlepoint pillow. I STILL LOVE THE SONG but only bc i love her and I see what she was tryign to do with it. if it were anyone else though...

s7alxns1r2x71.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

The mention of Picasso makes sense, because her album is about colors, especially the color blue. Picasso is famous for his "blue period," so she's not really comparing herself to him, but wants to show that sadness played an important role in his artistic life. Being sad and singing about it can produce something beautiful. Also, as one of the most important singer-songwriters of our time, I think she has the right to make this comparison.

5 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

Picasso is famous for his "blue period"

ย 

im glad you said this, i must be silly bc i had no idea lmao! (despite studying art history at university level..... embarrassing :bebe:) i love Beautiful - its one of my faves on BB -ย but i literally thought she was just saying "there would be noย blue full stop" hahah this makes soย much more senseย thank u for educating a silly gal like meย :kiss2:

Wq9zHLl.jpg