Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

11 hours ago, sjatib said:

One of the most uninspired songs she's ever come with, imo. Sounds as if somebody forced her to write and record something that sounded rockish at first hour in the morning when she wasn't still fully awake.

ya this is why i kind of think it's the watered down version of an originally much more rock-centered track 

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

i literally don't understand how million dollar man is the least streamed song on BTD, it's literally in the top 5 of the album. the least streamed song should've been TIWMUG aka her worst closer

the other woman is hated for no reason IMO it's one of her best covers

Dealer would've sounded perfect if it had a less monotone instrumental. I like the lyrics, their singing, the intonation, basically everything except the music. I feel like an instrumental similar to one in the Ultraviolence album would fit perfectly. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

On 11/7/2021 at 6:18 PM, palemoonbaby said:

Don't remember if I posted that or not but Lolita is such a bop. You aren't ready for that conversation.

I love that track, however I prefer the demo version with that catchy bass line and the more "orchestral" vibe. The album version is the definition of overproduced

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

18 hours ago, shady said:

Dealer would've sounded perfect if it had a less monotone instrumental. I like the lyrics, their singing, the intonation, basically everything except the music. I feel like an instrumental similar to one in the Ultraviolence album would fit perfectly. 

The instrumental is the only thing keeping me from completely loving Dealer (although I do really, really like it). Hopefully once Lana starts doing shows again, whenever that will be, she performs it with a more interesting instrumental with her live band.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

2 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

The instrumental is the only thing keeping me from completely loving Dealer (although I do really, really like it). Hopefully once Lana starts doing shows again, whenever that will be, she performs it with a more interesting instrumental with her live band.

personally, i love the instrumental. even though it's simple it reminds me so much of mermaid motel type beat and a similar underground alt rock psychedelia vibe. 

plus i think the instrumental needs to be on the simpler side bc of the wildness of the vocals. it might have been overstimulating if there were more dynamic production elements on top of I DONT WANNAAAAA LIVVEEEEEE

12 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

personally, i love the instrumental. even though it's simple it reminds me so much of mermaid motel type beat and a similar underground alt rock psychedelia vibe. 

plus i think the instrumental needs to be on the simpler side bc of the wildness of the vocals. it might have been overstimulating if there were more dynamic production elements on top of I DONT WANNAAAAA LIVVEEEEEE

They would definitely have to strike a delicate balance between the instrumentals and vocals because of how chaotic her voice is. I would like it they did an even more psychedelic spin on it. Similar to Mermaid Motel demo, but even more so. It would be an eargasm. That's just my opnion though.

She better perform that song live one day. :defeated: 

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

5 hours ago, drugmunny said:

I agree. I like the idea of a simple instrumental because a maximalist one wouldn't fit Lana BUT the one for the song sounds cheap and random. It's like they had a random beat ready and asked Lana and the dude to sing over it. I feel like a Cruel World or West Coast type of instrumental would fit more. 

I still love the song tho. 

i think there's more innovation in terms of production on blue banisters but after listening literally a million times and going back to chemtrails, i think COCC is the superior album. it's just sooooooooo well thought out and cohesive and makes sense as a WHOLE.

but i think blue banisters there are only CERTAIN songs that are miles ahead in terms of production and lyricism. i think lana has a lot of ideas right now and these two albums represent that and im excited for the future as always. 

faSE.gif

when i say i love every song in lanas discography i'm pretending don't let me be misunderstood, for free, breaking up slowly, dance till we die, and yosemite don't exist. don't come for me

On 11/10/2021 at 7:32 PM, Springlering said:

Lana's been going downhill for me since LFL. I only like a few songs on NFR, and COCC and BB are un-listenable to me, like nails on a chalkboard. I really wish I could get into her new stuff but I just cannot. 

not an unpopular opinion but you are seen and valid sir

(although i personally love her new stuff much more than LFL)

On 11/10/2021 at 8:20 AM, Thunder Revenant said:

Blue Banisters would have made a much bigger impact if it wasn't for that halfassed CoCC release earlier that year.

I totally agree. But with Tulsa, Wild at Heart being included on Blue Banisters too, with better production. :true:

Chemtrails is such a waste. She could have gotten away with it better had it been a 5 song EP. 

Guys, I made an Unpopular Opinions thread, so not Lana related. Please check it out and maybe post something 🖤