Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

On 11/14/2021 at 8:09 AM, Crimson and Clover said:

Oh my mistake it just says Zach on Spotify, still don’t think it sounds ‘’minimalistic’ compared to the other Jack songs though 

Yeah, what I really love about California is how full it sounds, how rich the production is. I think a strong production definitely compliments her voice unlike anything else.

On 11/14/2021 at 10:26 PM, Shades said:

the older i get the more i realize lana was never even a sad girl. she barely has any 'sad songs' :smokes:

As a semi joke, I describe to friends (who aren’t familiar) that I listen to Lana for the narcissism, and to Peep (my other fave artist) for the depression. Not sure what this says about me lmao but… yep!

51 minutes ago, Gothicula said:

cocc title track is actually her best song ever

tbh i agree but i have a problem with the lead vox. + the high harmonies are placed too far forward in the mix and it's fucking confusing

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

1 hour ago, Doll Harlow said:

Groupie Love isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

this was like my favorite song from lana when i first got into her

truly unpopular opinion:

paradise > nfr!

“I’m wild I’m free, no man can handle me”CWVPmao.jpgQMpCskZ.jpg

On 11/15/2021 at 6:41 PM, drugmunny said:

can't get over how different chemtrails and BB production is.

but i def have a new appreciation for the cleanliness of chemtrails now, if it was a little boring at times. bb is not at all boring in production but occasionally to a fault. at times instead of being engaging for it's experimentally it's just like unlistenable tbh. i think the main perk of jack being her producer was that he pushed her to do multiple takes and made something legit professional. bb really does, in retrospect, sound like a demo album. incredible demos to be fair, but i'm disappointed in the lack of vocal continuity and production errors. i know she likes to do one-takes and i love her for being authentic but i don't think that commitment to authenticity necessarily needs to make the music suffer

I’ve been mulling over these same sentiments for weeks, and I think you worded it perfectly. I think White Dress is a great example of a track that—while very raw and authentic—still sounded very finished and immersive, almost existing in its own little bubble. 

I won’t name specific BB songs for my safety (lmao), but there are certainly a handful that I feel could have been better if they were more polished vocally and production-wise. 

Stylistically, I may not agree with all of Jack’s choices, but I love how intentional and careful he is with them. I think that direction is really nice to see with Lana’s more impromptu style, and I think that just comes with him being a mainstream pop producer. 

While I appreciate many of her one-takes and think they’ve generated insanely good work, I personally hope she doesn’t become reliant on them. Inconsistencies in vocals can be amazing when utilized correctly, but an excess can feel a bit distracting. That’s just me, though :) 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Bel Air is better as an instrumental than with the vocals. Honestly the instrumental is the most beautiful thing ever but I don't like the melody of the lyrics very much

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Did you seriously think that BB would be nominated for a Grammy? It's a cute album and all but I can easily name better alternative albums. BTD, PA, UV, HM, LFL and NFR were Grammy material and she still didn't win any. Unless she leaves her mellow authentic phase, finds a more upbeat sound and starts listening the public she won't be nominated anytime soon. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

5 minutes ago, shady said:

Did you seriously think that BB would be nominated for a Grammy? It's a cute album and all but I can easily name better alternative albums. BTD, PA, UV, HM, LFL and NFR were Grammy material and she still didn't win any. Unless she leaves her mellow authentic phase, finds a more upbeat sound and starts listening the public she won't be nominated anytime soon. 

Um. Pretty sure BB was released after the submission deadline. Besides BB is Grammy material. :scoff:

48 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Um. Pretty sure BB was released after the submission deadline. Besides BB is Grammy material. :scoff:

your right, it didn't qualify. people are confused. but also BB isn't going to be nominated bc all the grammys cares about is mainstream popularity

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

4 hours ago, shady said:

i don't think it matters what kind of album lana releases, i don't think she'll ever win a grammy because they don't seem to care about her/she isn't buying them, at this point it's so obvious that they don't care about artistry & talent, it's all about money & commercial success, which is pretty sad if you think about it, lana does submit her albums, she submits them in the alternative categories, but the grammys place them in the pop categories, which is pretty bullshit in my opinion, at the end of the day, we'd all love to see lana succeed & be recognized for her talent, but she certainly doesn't need a grammy for that :agree: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

"Ride" is her worst single to date. It has become so, so, so, so stale and unrelatable as time passes Like...borderline unlistenable to me.. It is the product of every single stereotype and trope of Lana Del Rey being amalgamated into one song. The daddy issues, the sad girl "shtick," the "i'm so wild and crazy and free and no one understands me." Don't get me wrong, she has never let go of these lyrical themes and I don't think she should. I just see "Ride" as pure comedy at this point in her career, because she has taken all of these tropes and pulled them off much better than Ride ever could. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.