Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

1 hour ago, Thunder said:

"Ride" is her worst single to date. It has become so, so, so, so stale and unrelatable as time passes Like...borderline unlistenable to me.. It is the product of every single stereotype and trope of Lana Del Rey being amalgamated into one song. The daddy issues, the sad girl "shtick," the "i'm so wild and crazy and free and no one understands me." Don't get me wrong, she has never let go of these lyrical themes and I don't think she should. I just see "Ride" as pure comedy at this point in her career, because she has taken all of these tropes and pulled them off much better than Ride ever could. 

This is the right thread for that cause girl... :scoff:

45 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

"honeymoon" is one of her best tracks & it's so underrated

It’s so rich, lush and timeless :trisha:  Like its taken from a different period of time 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Blue Banisters is my favourite Lana album 

Spoiler

I saw no one saying this or maybe I'm just blind as always :bebe:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I’d still be excited for LDR9 if Jack produced it…..under the condition it’s distinct sonically from NFR and COCC

I genuinely think Jack and Lana have produced some of the best in her discography, but please give us something refreshing without being too similar to his work with other artists even if the genre is the same

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

On 11/25/2021 at 4:29 AM, Thunder said:

"Ride" is her worst single to date. It has become so, so, so, so stale and unrelatable as time passes Like...borderline unlistenable to me.. It is the product of every single stereotype and trope of Lana Del Rey being amalgamated into one song. The daddy issues, the sad girl "shtick," the "i'm so wild and crazy and free and no one understands me." Don't get me wrong, she has never let go of these lyrical themes and I don't think she should. I just see "Ride" as pure comedy at this point in her career, because she has taken all of these tropes and pulled them off much better than Ride ever could. 

It kinda aged poorly but I can guarantee that in at least five years people will be obsessing over the 'classic Lana' with all those tropes and tumblr culture just like emo and Twilight became popular again. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Songs that are not nearly as bad as most people make them out to be:

Blue Velvet

Guns & Roses

Coachella and GBA

Lucky Ones

The Next Best American Record

Songs that I've never understood the hype over (this one includes more unreleased songs):

Dark Paradise

Back to Tha Basics

Damn You 

Serial Killer 

Afraid

That second list might sound completely irrelevant in terms of DP and the unreleased tracks, but I remember seeing mentions of those songs everywhere when I was first getting into Lana and I just never understood why. 

imageproxy.jpg

16 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Songs that are not nearly as bad as most people make them out to be:

Blue Velvet

Guns & Roses

Coachella and GBA

Lucky Ones

The Next Best American Record

YES EXCEPT DP IS AMAZING

1 minute ago, Peace said:

YES EXCEPT DP IS AMAZING

I've just never been able to get into it even though I want to like it :bebe: To be fair, though, the first demo has been growing on me recently

imageproxy.jpg

I've been thinking about this for a moment. I feel like had Lana done things differently with 'Chemtrails' it would've gotten a different, perhaps more positive response from the fans. 

Imagine had she release the album as a surprise, didn't announce it in that post, cut both 'Let Me Love You Like A Woman' and 'For Free' and present the album as some sort of sister/companion EP to 'NFR!', or like her favourite songs from the so called 'NFR!' sessions or something; I honestly think it would've been lowkey perfect and more appreciated.
I still enjoy most of the album a great deal, but I get why it's being underappreciated. :delish:
ETA: Use a different picture for the cover, even though I know the COCC cover discourse has been beaten to death. I'm still underwhelmed by both the official and alternate cover. 

54 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I've been thinking about this for a moment. I feel like had Lana done things differently with 'Chemtrails' it would've gotten a different, perhaps more positive response from the fans. 

Imagine had she release the album as a surprise, didn't announce it in that post, cut both 'Let Me Love You Like A Woman' and 'For Free' and present the album as some sort of sister/companion EP to 'NFR!', or like her favourite songs from the so called 'NFR!' sessions or something; I honestly think it would've been lowkey perfect and more appreciated.

I still enjoy most of the album a great deal, but I get why it's being underappreciated. :delish:

ETA: Use a different picture for the cover, even though I know the COCC cover discourse has been beaten to death. I'm still underwhelmed by both the official and alternate cover. 

I agree! She announced the album a bit too early and the way she release date kept changing kind of killed some of the hype. I also definitely think she should have chosen a different single than Let Me Love You Like A Woman. I've noticed that song is the majority of fans' least favorite from the album. Something like Wild at Heart or Dark But Just a Game would have been more exciting and would have done a better job at getting people hyped. The album cover is also nowhere close to being as good as the album itself is and doesn't really match it imo.

With that being said, I still really like the album. It makes me sad how many fans are still dismissing it. The album came after NFR, and she gained a lot of new fans around that time and had more critical acclaim, so anything after it was doomed to have overly unfair comparisons.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.