Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

8 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

well, here's my unpopular opinion... i think the born to die tracklist/flow is perfect :bebe: i never thought anything about diet mountain dew coming right after video games :bebe: 

i also like brite lites after pawn shop blues because of how strange it is... the entire flow of that album is weird, but i'd say that weird & offputting makes the album even better & really shows off it's cohesiveness despite it's variety of sounds & genres :dua: 

My thing with BTD is that while I do consider it to be her messiest, I literally can't see it being placed in any other way. It's honestly kind of iconic regardless of how I might see it 

imageproxy.jpg

22 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

im not sure how unpopular this opinion is, but i always feel the lana is pretty bad at putting together album tracklists - the flow is usually so off :crai:

lets talk about the BTD tracklist. mess:crying5:

edit: literally looked up one post and y'all are talking about this. dead

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

i don't mind her tracklists, i've gotten really used to them and i love knowing which song is going to come next. it's so typical to have the uptempos at the beginning of an album then the ballads towards the end.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

20211204-224516.jpg

20211204-224518.jpg

For all of you who thinks this is cute just because Lana is wearing it 

Stop lying to yourselves 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

On 12/4/2021 at 3:50 PM, shady said:

20211204-224516.jpg

20211204-224518.jpg

For all of you who thinks this is cute just because Lana is wearing it 

Stop lying to yourselves 

So the popular opinion is that she looks really cute here.

I don't know what the unpopular opinion here is going to be, but maybe it will be the philosophical interpretation of LDR's "decade award" outfit (in answer to the question posed by the great philosopher, Cardi B.). 

I'm no fashionista, but I'm impressed by the modularity and simplicity of the outfit. It's kind of thrown together like the award is.*  As for the thought that went into it, you could say that it is an ensemble designed to make one think little thought went into it (i.e., possibly a target aesthetic for a "modular fashion queen" to have). However, I like that she chose fleshy pink boots (to go with her legs and skin rather than the jacket). I also like the possible flashbacks to AKA cover art and/or Jessica Rabbit that might occur for (disturbed?) personalities such as mine. 

* With some casual internet googling I found the "hitmakers" award venue focuses on the producing/promoting aspects of the music biz, and as such, considers the quality of the art rather begrudgingly. The venue has only been around since 2017, and there was only one other "decade winner" that I could find, Ellie Goulding. I'm at least familiar with EG, and think she is a fine peer for LDR (although with fewer albums to her credit). When I've listened to EG, I've found her to have a great pop sensibilty, but also really earning her "electronica" cred at times.

27 minutes ago, slang said:

I don't know what the unpopular opinion here is going to be, but maybe it will be the philosophical interpretation of LDR's "decade award" outfit (in answer to the question posed by the great philosopher, Cardi B.). 

I'm no fashionista, but I'm impressed by the modularity and simplicity of the outfit. It's kind of thrown together like the award is.*  As for the thought that went into it, you could say that it is an ensemble designed to make one think little thought went into it (i.e., possibly a target aesthetic for a "modular fashion queen" to have). However, I like that she chose fleshy pink boots (to go with her legs and skin rather than the jacket). I also like the possible flashbacks to AKA cover art and/or Jessica Rabbit that might occur for (disturbed?) personalities such as mine. 

* With some casual internet googling I found the "hitmakers" award venue focuses on the producing/promoting aspects of the music biz, and as such, considers the quality of the art rather begrudgingly. The venue has only been around since 2017, and there was only one other "decade winner" that I could find, Ellie Goulding. I'm at least familiar with EG, and think she is a fine peer for LDR (although with fewer albums to her credit). When I've listened to EG, I've found her to have a great pop sensibilty, but also really earning her "electronica" cred at times.

just admit the outfit is bad mama :oprah2:

RVhKIwP.gif

i don’t think it’s an unpopular opinion but she NEEDS to come up with something new lyrical wise. i love every mention of the color blue, about her being crazy and wild, her candles in the wind and her missing her old life but after the past 3 albums it’s gotten a bit stale and repetitive. can she PLS come up with something new, new topics, new thoughts. damn it girl give us a concept album, a musical in album form, a story from A to Z idk something new and different. same for the production, i LOVE bb it’s one my fav albums in a long time but we need more variety. the piano and muffled drums were great but i need her to do something spicy, exciting and most importantly unexpected :crying2:

like we’re talking about the woman who created her own genre, who blended orchestral music with hip-hop and trap beats, do something BOLD…

7 hours ago, slang said:

I consider it unpopular because I feel like it's controversial to call our her fashion sense on this forum or any fan page. Your analysis is cute and all but I don't see anything deep in her outfit except the NFR reference. Let's be brutally honest, Lana's looks have been flawless only when someone else styles her. With so much overanalyzing you could even find a deep message behind Ashley Tisdale's old school red carpet looks. Lana's literally wearing a 20$ Fashionnova summer two piece, 2000s boots that are in style at the moment and covered herself with the jacket probably because she's a lil chubby. She could've made so many better references since she had so many different eras. The outfit is too casual for a red carpet. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

9 hours ago, May said:

just admit the outfit is bad mama :oprah2:

Is this the "Michael Jackson" sense of Bad momma (I mean, I thought "bad" was good)?

1 hour ago, shady said:

I consider it unpopular because I feel like it's controversial to call our her fashion sense on this forum or any fan page. Your analysis is cute and all but I don't see anything deep in her outfit except the NFR reference. Let's be brutally honest, Lana's looks have been flawless only when someone else styles her. With so much overanalyzing you could even find a deep message behind Ashley Tisdale's old school red carpet looks. Lana's literally wearing a 20$ Fashionnova summer two piece, 2000s boots that are in style at the moment and covered herself with the jacket probably because she's a lil chubby. She could've made so many better references since she had so many different eras. The outfit is too casual for a red carpet. 

Yeah, overanalyzing is kind of my thing. 

Not saying you can't call out her fashion sense, if you don't like it. But there is fashion and there is anti-fashion (in a similar way to there are lyrics and there are anti-lyrics). She does both. "Too casual" in her outfit could be a statement also; was it intentional? I would say yes, because I think she has a devious mind, but she didn't do it in such a way that it could be easily called out, because I still think she looked really good. I mean her outfit shows *some* ingenuity, as in minimalism done right. The word "chubby" also reminds me of something I intentionally left out of my initial post (because I thought people would misinterpret it), namely that I thought she had intentionally selected a dress size too small to accentuate things (hence, my Jessica Rabbit comment). Maybe that was an experiment of hers that failed, but still an interesting experiment to have tried (if it was intentional). This is also me ascribing devious thoughts to her, for sure, but with LDR, you never know. That's part of her mystical persona (non grata?) that she refuses to acknowledge (which is also maybe a part of it).

also put 
Ellie Goulding Hitmakers 2019 red carpet
into google images

Ellie looks fine for the same award, but I wouldn't say she did it better than LDR (just because she's wearing a $500 dollar dress). You should also be able to find Billie Eilish's "costume" for a different award at the same venue. Billie's dressed like a couch with a floral pattern and Finneas's hairdo is, as they say, a choice, so LDR's choice might have been much worse. just saying...

I'm not sure how unpopular this is, but vocally, Blue Banisters is her best album. I'd say that Honeymoon and AKA are also up there in terms of vocal performance

imageproxy.jpg

Not sure how unpopular this is, but I don’t like the last quarter of BB. The leaked songs being completely unchanged really drag the album down for me. I know the argument can be made it’s my own fault for listening to the leaks, but Thunder got a new arrangement and the three leaked songs could have had so many little things done to them to help them fit in the album. :candy:

"Don’t forget me"

oh nice we’ve finally entered the part of the post-release where ppl are realising the album ain’t all that at all, lemme chime in

sweet carolina and beautiful are the worst songs in her released discography and arcadia vocal mixing makes it unlistenable

BRAUTIFULLLLL … BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLLLLL … BEAUTIFULLLLLL. like you :awkney:  

RVhKIwP.gif

Beautiful is one of my fave piano ballads just because of the raindrop piano in it. It's so so beautiful, it gives me goosebumps. Also I really love & can relate to the message of the song :oprah: 

Beautiful might have a simple structure & it's quite short but to me it's stunningly beautiful :xcry: 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

On 12/6/2021 at 6:34 PM, Super Movie said:

I'm not sure how unpopular this is, but vocally, Blue Banisters is her best album. I'd say that Honeymoon and AKA are also up there in terms of vocal performance

vocally i'm team chemtrails, her voice sound fucking amazing there

Lana shouldn't release album at least to Spring 2023. She should rest and back with something fresh and innovative. Lana must get new ideas and release something what she never done. Less piano and acoustic, more craziness. Leave mid-rural USA, back to New York, travel to Florida clubs and visit Osaka/Tokyo queen. 

I love Lust For Life the album AND Summer Bummer. There’s honestly not a single song I dislike on the album, even if I do prefer the demos. I think the album was very necessary for her and her growth as an artist as she was trying new things. The aesthetic of that era is forever nostalgic to me and it is probably the era where I was most excited. I’ll never understand the hate for the album. 

Love is a great opener, even if 13 Beaches would’ve been better. I can appreciate it for what it is, even if there could’ve been improvements :wub: Maybe part of my love for this album is simply because it was the first Lana era I was old enough to truly enjoy. I remember being 12 and listening to Lust For Life that whole summer. 

Not sure if this opinion is super unpopular on here, but all of my friends seem to hate this album and I have to constantly defend it :xcry:

giphy.gif 

I still don't like the standard cover image of BB. It's not necessarily the subject with the two dogs, but especially the contrast between light and dark. I still don't quite understand what role the yellow dress plays, except maybe that Lana looks like some kind of "naive country girl" in it (she also plays this role in the Blue Banisters video).

2 hours ago, palemoonbaby said:

Lana shouldn't release album at least to Spring 2023. She should rest and back with something fresh and innovative. Lana must get new ideas and release something what she never done. Less piano and acoustic, more craziness. Leave mid-rural USA, back to New York, travel to Florida clubs and visit Osaka/Tokyo queen. 

Agree. For me, Chemtrails and BB were both luke-warm albums that could’ve been better if she had combined the best from both into one album, though I do appreciate the certain atmosphere and precise tracklist that Chemtrails has. 

I feel like she’s just releasing, releasing, releasing instead of really putting work and planning into an era with an overarching theme, story, and aesthetic (both visual and audio).

I think Chemtrails (the song) and TJF are incredibly cool because she really experimented and did something unique with them that was rich and lush. I was disappointed that she didn’t continue that experimentation on the rest of Chemtrails. 

Blue Banisters is sorta experimental, but in a way I mostly don’t like - the weird song structuring and changing of tempos is messy and doesn’t work imo - main example being Text Book. And the album is too stripped down that a lot of it isn’t interesting to me - the same as with Chemtrails. 

I would like her to, for lack of better phrasing, focus and reel herself in for her future work. We all know she created a shit load of work basically her entire career (look at all her unreleased songs). She always seemed to narrow things down and be purposeful in her final albums and somewhat for the era design as well. But the two albums and eras released this year were missing the focus and purpose that AKA, BTD, Paradise, UV, HM, and NFR had. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore