Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

10 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

She did a lot of new stuff on BB:

Text Book and Black Bathing Suit with unexpected tempo changes

Blue Banisters has literally no instruments, her voice alone carries the song

Arcadia has the very new and adventurous idea of comparing her body with geographical places, and she has never sung such a warm wonderful ballad before

The interlude, Dealer - ok, I don't have to explain that ones

Black Bathing Suit has a very new sound and lyrical ideas, I don't think she has ever sung about her body in this way before

If You Lie Down With Me: the retro-jazzy trumpets at the end are extraordinary

Thunder: never before has a well-known leaked song been given such an enhancement with a superb string arrangement

Sweet Carolina: for the first time, a song created with family and friends (and a piano played by Rob)

I would say that there have never been so many new elements and experiments on one album. I don't see any repetitions on NFR, Chemtrails and BB, each album is completely different from the others.

none of this is new 😭 tempo changes been done since uv, her comparing her body to a map of LA isn’t groundbreaking, a trap interlude isn’t either, the trumpets aren’t new they’ve been done since big eyes, "never before has a leaked song been given such an enhancement" wrong black beauty did it fist and sweet carolina’s a simple piano ballad idc that her dad’s on it that doesn’t change how the song sounds…

On 12/4/2021 at 3:50 PM, shady said:

20211204-224516.jpg

For all of you who thinks this is cute just because Lana is wearing it 

Stop lying to yourselves 

The ugliest outfit I ever seen at an event. Hands down. And the truth is everybody knows it but they're acting like it's the best thing ever just because it's Lana. :flop:

On 12/6/2021 at 7:10 AM, lanasbottom said:

i don’t think it’s an unpopular opinion but she NEEDS to come up with something new lyrical wise. i love every mention of the color blue, about her being crazy and wild, her candles in the wind and her missing her old life but after the past 3 albums it’s gotten a bit stale and repetitive. can she PLS come up with something new, new topics, new thoughts. damn it girl give us a concept album, a musical in album form, a story from A to Z idk something new and different. same for the production, i LOVE bb it’s one my fav albums in a long time but we need more variety. the piano and muffled drums were great but i need her to do something spicy, exciting and most importantly unexpected :crying2:

like we’re talking about the woman who created her own genre, who blended orchestral music with hip-hop and trap beats, do something BOLD…

You're asking for too much. She's not Grimes. :brandy:

On 12/2/2021 at 3:02 PM, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I don’t really want this to happen, but I’d be curious to see the end result of Lana working with someone like FINNEAS would be

I’m not a huge fan of the music he produces, but I can’t help but wonder what it would sound like with his music being more traditionally pop-oriented

I would love to see Lana work with Jack White but Jack isn't going to tolerate her walking into his studio late in short shorts with a Latte in one hand and a donut on the other. He's very strict about working on music and studio time. Ask anyone who's been in a band with him or he's produced. 

And Lana being stubborn, ill tempered and hard headed as Jack White, she would probably throw the latte at him and tell him to fuck off or go fuck himself. :coffee:

aa931d6dd7f477b8574bcc45c571530c.jpg

Lana would work wonderfully with Mark Ronson. He has the patience of a saint like Antonoff. Both are easy going. 

However - I would pay big money to see Lana get into a fight with Jack White in a recording studio. lol

6 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

hmm let’s see: 

- both get dragged about their sometimes stupid opinions

- both date questionable people

- both make exceptionally good music

- both lie about their release dates 

- both tease songs but never put them out 

- both scrap their work last minute 

at this point she might as well BE grimes :thumb3:

5 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

I would love to see Lana work with Jack White but Jack isn't going to tolerate her walking into his studio late in short shorts with a Latte in one hand and a donut on the other. He's very strict about working on music and studio time. Ask anyone who's been in a band with him or he's produced. 

And Lana being stubborn, ill tempered and hard headed as Jack White, she would probably throw the latte at him and tell him to fuck off or go fuck himself. :coffee:

aa931d6dd7f477b8574bcc45c571530c.jpg

Lana would work wonderfully with Mark Ronson. He has the patience of a saint like Antonoff. Both are easy going. 

However - I would pay big money to see Lana get into a fight with Jack White in a recording studio. lol

A lana and jack white album would be the redult of SO MUCH FIGHTING that it would either be our generations Rumors or never made because they throttled each other 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

On 12/8/2021 at 5:51 PM, Escapism said:

after seeing her and olivia interact at the variety awards i kinda really want them to collab now 
i think it would make for a fun and interesting song (one that would be better than don’t call me angel :nails:

and i really would wanna see what direction they’d take as two different artists from two different decades of music since theyre headliners for said decade of music 

not like my number one collab i want, but i think it would be cute!!

Olivia is not….a good singer. Pass

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

53 minutes ago, Leader of The Pack said:

right? her music’s literally so bad 😭 and why on earth would a mature 36 year old collab with a highschool teen :scoff:

1 hour ago, Leader of The Pack said:

Come oon she ia a good singer but a collab with Lana would be :smh:

Their style is very different, a song by a teenager and a soon to be middle aged woman can have major aunt and niece vibes. 

7 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Is Grimes supposed to be an example of versatility? Since Genesis and until now she always had major weaboo gamer girl vibes, only now it's big budget. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

15 hours ago, Leader of The Pack said:

Meh!! I think she’s cute !!! 
but there are much much better and ones that would mesh well more that lana should work with (and reading other responses I understand!!) 

still sad we haven’t seen anything out of her collab with the nbhd tho 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

16 hours ago, Leader of The Pack said:

She is definitely a good singer and very talented, but her and Lana would not work. So I will have to pass as well. Honestly, not the biggest fan of most collabs. Sometimes they’re good and sometimes you can tell they were forced by labels. 

giphy.gif 

Obviously this is not an unpopular opinion on here, but I am seriously getting tired of these 14 year old gays on TikTok begging Lana to bring back her sugar daddy and “lolita” type songs. Do y’all seriously want her to be making the same songs for a whole decade? She is 36 years old :oprah3:

giphy.gif 

1 minute ago, CocaColaCrystalMeth said:

How does she look older than 36

that's not what they meant, they were responding to somebody who thought she was a middle-aged woman by saying that she's only 36, either way, there is absolutely no reason to tell somebody to kill themselves, that's not okay at all

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix