Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Just now, Surf Noir said:

that's not what they meant, either way, there is absolutely no reason to tell somebody to kill themselves, that's not okay at all

Well obviously if I were seriously telling them to end their lives would definitely be totally disrespectful in many ways but expressions do exist and where im from that seems to be one 

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, CocaColaCrystalMeth said:

Kill urself 

How does she look older than 36

I smell a second warning point coming my way but here's another unpopular opinion.. She does not look older than 30 fkin 6

Well obviously if I were seriously telling them to end their lives would definitely be totally disrespectful in many ways but expressions do exist and where im from that seems to be one 

WTF is wrong with you.

First of all, this is not an "expression" you should be throwing around like that Mr. Edgelord.

Especially not, if you are obviously not at all getting what I was saying. A bit less meth and a bit more humility would really benefit you I guess

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

14 hours ago, Gravitate said:

Obviously this is not an unpopular opinion on here, but I am seriously getting tired of these 14 year old gays on TikTok begging Lana to bring back her sugar daddy and “lolita” type songs. Do y’all seriously want her to be making the same songs for a whole decade? She is 36 years old :oprah3:

Exactly! I also hate it when adult women call themselves "girls" in their songs like.. no. But anyway, maybe that's just a language thing. In my native language no grown woman would call herself a girl, it would just sound wrong.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

If there's one thing I can always count on from this thread and the Instagram Updates thread, it's weird, unnecessary comments about Lana's age and appearance 

imageproxy.jpg

32 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

If there's one thing I can always count on from this thread and the Instagram Updates thread, it's weird, unnecessary comments about Lana's age and appearance 

Idk if this is about my comment or not but I wasn't trying to age shame her. I just meant that she's 36 now and has grown since she started making music so obviously she wouldn't still create the same songs with the same theme as a decade ago. 

giphy.gif 

42 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

Exactly! I also hate it when adult women call themselves "girls" in their songs like.. no. But anyway, maybe that's just a language thing. In my native language no grown woman would call herself a girl, it would just sound wrong.

I understand, I think it's a language thing. It's not super uncommon for women to call themselves girls because it's mostly not seen as an age thing more just as gender. So a woman could still say "I am a girl" in English and it make sense and not be weird lol.

Sorry for going kind of off topic :noparty:

giphy.gif 

i'm dying at people still being shocked by her red carpet outfit like have you guys even been paying attention to her fashion sense over the years. it could and realistically should have been so much worse. no one ever loved lana for her fashion except maybe for like 10 mins in 2011-2012 where she was being styled insanely specifically. she's always been eclectic and wild which is why i was so shocked she pulled out a dress and heeled boots for this and was hyping her up sm, bc lana fashion standard is just not the same expectation level as other mainstream celebs lol. ppl need to calmm down

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

14 minutes ago, Gravitate said:

Idk if this is about my comment or not but I wasn't trying to age shame her. I just meant that she's 36 now and has grown since she started making music so obviously she wouldn't still create the same songs with the same theme as a decade ago. 

Oh, it's not! I actually agreed with what you said lol. Some people just tend to treat her like 36 is super old, which it's not. But like you said, she's not gonna be creating the exact same sort of music she was years ago because she's not the exact same as she was back then 

imageproxy.jpg

15 hours ago, OverYourHead said:

She’s awful lmao it’s worse when her fans defend her terrible voice by saying she gets stage fright or she’s nervous :lmao:

girl that's literally lana fans in 2012 after that snl performance

18 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

:biblio: she's only 36 wtf 

Some people say middle age starts at 35 and some say at 45, that's why I said "soon", her image, vibe and attitude definitely became middle aged. I will add that your age doesn't really matter as long as you don't act like a hag or a Karen and dress like soccer mom. I'm 22 and I already can name girls from high school who have major soccer mom live laugh love vibes and balding guys with a gut. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Honeymoon is a record that she could release at any point in her life and it would still read as one that represents where she’s currently at in relation to the natural process of aging and acquiring wisdom. That record is really something else — it exists in its own space independent of time and maturity. I can’t believe it’s real, and I can’t believe it was critiqued so unfairly for the longest time. It’s absolutely untouchable and I think one that best represents how deep and soulful Lana is. The lyrics, melodies, and production all do so much more than create music — it all-around transcends any constructs of what defines ‘’music” or “storytelling”. It’s just her. 

12 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

That record is really something else — it exists in its own space independent of time and maturity. 

I love this description so much! I’m 100% a believer that it would rival COCC/BB in terms of critical acclaim if she released it post-NFR. I’ve always found the record to be very detached, and I think your summary of it details that so well!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

5 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I love this description so much! I’m 100% a believer that it would rival COCC/BB in terms of critical acclaim if she released it post-NFR. I’ve always found the record to be very detached, and I think your summary of it details that so well!

I agree, and thank you! I love what you say about it being detached, I think around 4 years ago I was talking back-and-forth with another member in the Honeymoon thread about that exact thing, how it kind of reads as a metaphysical self-portrait from which Lana detaches herself and distinguishes between herself pre-fame and post-fame. It’s got so many layers, I love it — I keep unravelling them even 6 years down the line :flutter:

19 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Honeymoon is a record that she could release at any point in her life and it would still read as one that represents where she’s currently at in relation to the natural process of aging and acquiring wisdom. That record is really something else — it exists in its own space independent of time and maturity. I can’t believe it’s real, and I can’t believe it was critiqued so unfairly for the longest time. It’s absolutely untouchable and I think one that best represents how deep and soulful Lana is. The lyrics, melodies, and production all do so much more than create music — it all-around transcends any constructs of what defines ‘’music” or “storytelling”. It’s just her. 

periodttt.

love u in ur honeymoon era

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

On 12/11/2021 at 10:38 PM, Super Movie said:

Well I wasn't age shaming either. But grown women aren't girls anymore to me, girls are children. I don't really see that as a weird comment on Lana's age tbh. 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

I think Chemtrails is my favourite tracklist just by the titles. I really love White Dress,  Chemtrails Over The Country Club,  Dark But Just A Game , NAWAL ,Yosemite & Dance Till We Die as titles :wowcry: 

Also titles like Chemtrails Over The Country Club & Tulsa Jesus Freak really create an interest about those songs :true:

Spoiler

I mostly love NAWAL as title bc it's a reference to Lord Of The Rings , at least in my mind it is:ma:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

What the hell is wrong with people attacking her for the fast fashion thing? Where is the same energy for Cardi B, Megan Thee Stallion and other yaas queens literally partnering with those companies? I don't understand Lana not just deleting or ignoring those comments, that's what Gen Z kids are thought in elementary school lmao. 

Even if she wore fast fashion, it's pretty hard to run away from it, even rich people. Many small shops in my country import clothes from Turkey and God knows where and how those clothes were made. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif