Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

100% low jazzy voice needs to make a comeback I miss that girl so much

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

8 minutes ago, Lavender Sunshine said:

White mustang is actually not that bad, the chorus is catchy enough and I like her vocal delivery throughout the song

Β 

white mustang is a whole ass bussy bop and I really don't get the hate I think it's so iconic

Β 

1 minute ago, Crimson and Clover said:

Guns and Roses is really good, I feel like the people that don’t like it don’t have good earphones lolΒ 

Β 

RIGHT I literally just listened to guns and roses in good earphones and everything clicked it's a reeeaaally good song. I never really hated it just didn't feel anything about it

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

On 1/12/2022 at 6:51 PM, drugmunny said:

Maybe not an unpopular opinion but---- Its cool Lanas branching out and being more ambitious with her vocal performances lately (citing songs like Arcadia, Beautiful, Dealer) but a large part of what makes her music so appealing and unique is her old-school classic low-register / jazzy head voice and I want it back on LDR9.Β Bc a lot of singers do something like Arcadia, but not everyone can perform a song like Off to the Races or even DBJAG.Β Like I know she CAN but I don't really want to hear her belt anymore, it just doesn't suit the kind of music I expect from LDR.Β It's really the only part of post-NFR Lana that I have beef with bc I love her more diaristic writing direction but can't stand her opera voice on Arcadia + Beautiful, it's just so painfully basic.

Β 

I don't like her higher register. It sounds good but I'm not wowed. It's just not Lana if you know what I mean. I wish she made a pure old school lower register jazz album like Lady Gaga did. I also hope she makes a darker classic Lana song for Euphoria since it contains themes of her older music.Β 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm freeΒ 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

3 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i ofc love her lower deeper voice but her higher voice is a may jailer serveΒ 

Exactly, her higher register is stunningΒ :wub:Β I honestly think that Lana's vocals right now are some of her best ever

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β imageproxy.jpg

Her higher voice is truly beautiful...she sounds so saccharine and angelic. Very sunny.

Β 

I think she mentions in one of her poems

"My voice is higher now that I'm over u"

Β 

πŸ˜… is this what she meant? Never going back to her lower register ? I hope it comes back one day..

Like randomly on WFWF. Or BBS

Why is everyone sleeping that Summertime cover? I love everything about it and wish BB had a similar vibe. Her higher register is so beautiful there and it suits her.Β 

I don't know if this is unpopular or not but

Β  Β  Β  BB piano ballads >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NFR piano balladsΒ 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song.Β It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Β 

11 minutes ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

is surely is unpopular and also a lieΒ :judgingu:

Spoiler

jk i respect your opinion

Β 

Low register Lana is not even her natural voice. I know itΒ sounds good but it was probably a product of herΒ label trying to market her. I mean just compare the LizzyΒ performances to the 2011/12Β ones.Β Forcing the deep voice is also what made her "fail" (not really for me causeΒ iconic)Β some of her early performances. You can tell she's much moreΒ comfortable with her higher register. Even whenΒ she struggled a bit with the lower notes she always nailed the higher adlibs.

Β 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

Low register Lana is not even her natural voice. I know itΒ sounds good but it was probably a product of herΒ label trying to market her. I mean just compare the LizzyΒ performances to the 2011/12Β ones.Β Forcing the deep voice is also what made her "fail" (not really for me causeΒ iconic)Β some of her early performances. You can tell she's much moreΒ comfortable with her higher register. Even whenΒ she struggled a bit with the lower notes she always nailed the higher adlibs.

Β 

agreed, her lower voice was definitely pushed by her label, which to me, seems inauthentic, in the reference that it’s probably not how she wanted to do the songs in the first place. not a bad thing but it was probably just out of her control. I do think it’s a very unique factor that goes into her songwriting and vocal performance style, but she should use it in ways that don’t over do it. does that make sense? LOL

giphy.gif

On 1/18/2022 at 6:19 PM, Dealer Boulevard said:

Agree, Blue Banisters ballads are also mostly better than the Chemtrails ones.

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕀𝕖 π•žπ•ͺ 𝕖π•ͺ𝕖𝕀, 𝕒π•₯ π•Ÿπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ 𝕀 π•¨π•šπ•€π•™ π•₯𝕠 π•£π•šπ•€π•– π•—π•£π• π•ž 𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕀π•₯

On 1/18/2022 at 8:19 PM, bigspender said:

agreed, her lower voice was definitely pushed by her label, which to me, seems inauthentic, in the reference that it’s probably not how she wanted to do the songs in the first place. not a bad thing but it was probably just out of her control. I do think it’s a very unique factor that goes into her songwriting and vocal performance style, but she should use it in ways that don’t over do it. does that make sense? LOL

Β 

Why do you think a lower/higher than the artists natural voice is inauthentic? People can sing however they want. The only inauthentic example I can think of is Britney since she always sang in the same tone. Maybe the label forced Lana but she kept the deeper voice for years after BTD. Plus Lana sang both low and high in BTD and spoke normally, it wasn't like she wad lying about her voice. Is Mariah Carey inauthentic for singing extremely high compared to her natural lower voice?Β