Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

28 minutes ago, shady said:

Why do you think a lower/higher than the artists natural voice is inauthentic? People can sing however they want. The only inauthentic example I can think of is Britney since she always sang in the same tone. Maybe the label forced Lana but she kept the deeper voice for years after BTD. Plus Lana sang both low and high in BTD and spoke normally, it wasn't like she wad lying about her voice. Is Mariah Carey inauthentic for singing extremely high compared to her natural lower voice? 

yeah that’s not what i said at all. it was obviously pushed by her label and she was probably told to push it in her SNL performance which is why it came out so bad. i just explained why it seemed inauthentic. 

giphy.gif

can't believe lana released btd uv honeymoon and lfl back to back. so much creativity and genius within 5 to 6 years. the three albums that followed don't come close to their masterpieces. what really gives me hope is wildflower wildfire and the buddy's rendezvous snippet. these songs have the old lana del rey vibe again .wce has its old lana moments too.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

On 1/19/2022 at 3:19 AM, Dealer Boulevard said:

I don't know if this is unpopular or not but

BB piano ballads >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NFR piano ballads 

Only piano ballad on nfr that compares to bb piano ballads is bartender :true:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

As much as I love singer/songwriter Lana I do want more good surface level pretty songs if that makes sense. Songs that I can twirl around to on sunny day at the beach without being like oh this song is about childhood trauma or something like Shades of Cool, WC, Venice, Dealer, etc. I don’t even mean surface level in a bad way, I think a good artist has a balance between surface level and singer/songwriter-esque stuff, I feel like she’s been on the latter side for a while though 

sgopYhV.gif

3 hours ago, RomanCrystal said:

I love paradise. fight me

That's some taste.:squidward:

This feel truly unpopular: Sweet Carolina isn't really clicking with me, the way it seems to do with everyone else on here :ohno:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

i lowkey hate born to die and paradise :bebe:

and NOT because of the production in fact i think the production is the BEST part of both of those projects

i just hate the gangsta nancy sinatra thing that was happening :bebe:

i also kinda hate lust for life but it's less a hate and more of a general indifference

i think she needs to make a more upbeat sounding record without either going full pop or full lust for life fan service

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

i will say though that born to die (the song), diet mountain dew, ride & the last 3-4 tracks of lust for life are some of her best songs though

also i will proceed to combust if she goes back to an aka style sound even though i know it will never happen

I don't really have too many unpopular opinions because I genuinely like most of her music, but I guess these would fit the unpopular opinion category: 

Summer Bummer is a really good song

Blue Banisters is a top tier title track 

Oh Say Can You See is the best song on AKA 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

YES it was so bad :crying5:

the few good things to come out of the gangsta nancy sinatra persona were heavy hitter, boarding school and the princess superstar tracks

i don't really consider the more genuinely serious songs (born to die / ride) as part of it nor do i consider songs that were written pre-gangsta nancy sinatra that were just released/recorded later (diet mountain dew / hundred dollar bill) as part of it either

edit: i think the absolute peak of the tomfoolery with that persona was the blue jeans snl performance

On 1/23/2022 at 8:57 PM, the ocean said:

the few good things to come out of the gangsta nancy sinatra persona were heavy hitter, boarding school and the princess superstar tracks

i don't really consider the more genuinely serious songs (born to die / ride) as part of it nor do i consider songs that were written pre-gangsta nancy sinatra that were just released/recorded later (diet mountain dew / hundred dollar bill) as part of it either

yeah imo the worst of it ("it" being her "gangsta nancy sinatra" thing) showed up in stuff recorded in the years leading up to BTD (2010-2011), while she was trying to figure out ther persona/story for her first album as LDR.

aOaIzH2.gif

6 hours ago, 13beachess said:

That's some taste.:squidward:

This feel truly unpopular: Sweet Carolina isn't really clicking with me, the way it seems to do with everyone else on here :ohno:

tbh i think i feel the same bc towards the end of blue banister it got so boring i frgot how it sounds

Roman

I don't understand her idea publishing new music every year, selling a shit load of vinyl with a lot of exclusives but still wanting to be an invisible D lister with her idea of removing the tattoo. She even made a song for the most popular series atm. Baby girl this isn't the pre MTV era where everyone knows your music but nobody knows who you are or what you look like, especially since she was in tabloids and wanted to be somehow relevant before. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

23 minutes ago, shady said:

I don't understand her idea publishing new music every year, selling a shit load of vinyl with a lot of exclusives but still wanting to be an invisible D lister with her idea of removing the tattoo. She even made a song for the most popular series atm. Baby girl this isn't the pre MTV era where everyone knows your music but nobody knows who you are or what you look like, especially since she was in tabloids and wanted to be somehow relevant before. 

jlblrjconcv41.jpg?auto=webp&s=36ce9a4599

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.