Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

i love the next best american record. seriously, i don’t understand allΒ hate for this track. it’s beautifully constructed and i don’t really mind the change in lyrics either

I don't think it's unpopular but his latest soundtracks aren't really good. Watercolor eyes will never reach the level of Once upon a dream, which was cold and masterful, Big eyes and the dark and plaintive sound, obviously the masterpiece Young and beautiful which will certainly remain forever its best soundtrack. Even I can fly, which I don't listen to much, is above anything she's done lately. I don't understand the hype, her new sound isn't really good, I feel like she doesn't give a fuck anymore since she knows it will sell only with her name. She captivates me less.Β It's boring as hell.

Β 

I dream that she releases a soundtrack for a paranormal or horror film, if a series should come up she deserves to make songs for AHS, strange documentaries... something very dark with magnificent and grandiose instruments . But I guess she's more into all that.

She should sing with an organ or something like that.

I've said it a hundred times but she really, really needs to get back to heavy guitars, she excels in that genre. It lacks good choruses, the Del Rey universe and the west coast tinged with a Hollywood drama, it misses a lot. If she did all this to become a basic country singer, it would be disappointing to let herself go so far.

Β 

Another thing, sometimes I'm afraid of his closeness to certain fans. Or I have the impression that she likes it. Obsessive fans, she has many and many more crazy than you think. When I see the number of intrusions in her home, I wonder if she has a safe house... I hope nothing will happen to her because of the trust she has in people.

14 minutes ago, Enchanted Mansion said:
Spoiler

Β 

I don't think it's unpopular but his latest soundtracks aren't really good. Watercolor eyes will never reach the level of Once upon a dream, which was cold and masterful, Big eyes and the dark and plaintive sound, obviously the masterpiece Young and beautiful which will certainly remain forever its best soundtrack. Even I can fly, which I don't listen to much, is above anything she's done lately. I don't understand the hype, her new sound isn't really good, I feel like she doesn't give a fuck anymore since she knows it will sell only with her name. She captivates me less.Β It's boring as hell.

Β 

I dream that she releases a soundtrack for a paranormal or horror film, if a series should come up she deserves to make songs for AHS, strange documentaries... something very dark with magnificent and grandiose instruments . But I guess she's more into all that.

She should sing with an organ or something like that.

I've said it a hundred times but she really, really needs to get back to heavy guitars, she excels in that genre. It lacks good choruses, the Del Rey universe and the west coast tinged with a Hollywood drama, it misses a lot. If she did all this to become a basic country singer, it would be disappointing to let herself go so far.

Β 

Another thing, sometimes I'm afraid of his closeness to certain fans. Or I have the impression that she likes it. Obsessive fans, she has many and many more crazy than you think. When I see the number of intrusions in her home, I wonder if she has a safe house... I hope nothing will happen to her because of the trust she has in people.

Β 

Β 

Β 

You're reading my mind.Β 

I'm so delusional that every time she announces new music I think that it's not going to be another piano ballad. It's not that piano ballads are inherently boring is that the style she's going for atm is boring.Terrence Love You will always be her most beautiful piano ballad.

Β 

I was so excited for Watercolor eyes because the series is gloomy and freaky so dark trap or dark rock fits. Literally songs like Freak, High By The Beach, Sad World, Ultraviolence, Florida Kilos, Sad Girl, West Coast, Million Dollar Man, 13 Beaches, In My Feelings and many more fit way better. The only reason people care about this song is because it's in Euphoria and the rest are stans hyping as usual. Trust me.Β 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm freeΒ 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

10 minutes ago, shady said:

Β 

You're reading my mind.Β 

I'm so delusional that every time she announces new music I think that it's not going to be another piano ballad. It's not that piano ballads are inherently boring is that the style she's going for atm is boring.Terrence Love You will always be her most beautiful piano ballad.

Β 

I was so excited for Watercolor eyes because the series is gloomy and freaky so dark trap or dark rock fits. Literally songs like Freak, High By The Beach, Sad World, Ultraviolence, Florida Kilos, Sad Girl, West Coast, Million Dollar Man, 13 Beaches, In My Feelings and many more fit way better. The only reason people care about this song is because it's in Euphoria and the rest are stans hyping as usual. Trust me.Β 

Β 

Exactly! Any song from his old repertoire would make a great soundtrack. And the success she's having right now with the worst songs she's ever released is frustrating. The majority of people who don't know Lana will think that she is a singer without nuances.

Terrence Love You is amazing :wub:. This song kills any ballad she's done lately. This guitar at the beginning... It can do very beautiful things, it's just that the girl decided to do as little as possible and to rely on what she had learned.

I desperately want Lana to switch up her setlists during her shows - which I know everyone here agrees with! :PΒ - but the unpopular side of this opinion is that I still believe she should play Born To Die, Blue Jeans, Video Games and Summertime Sadness at her shows, it would honestly be crazy not to. those songs are such Lana classics so it would be a shame to lose them!!

Β 

NationalΒ Anthem can go thoΒ :bored:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

i just tried to make a "pop album" playlist using btd remixes and outtakes and it was SO horrifically bad

Β 

like even producers that are usually excellent (eg. todd terry, richard x) just didn't mesh well at all with lana

Β 

but then again i hate gangsta nancy sinatra and that stupid fucking baby voiceΒ :awkney:

Β 

edit: i guess this isn't necessarily unpopular but i don't know where else this would go and i didn't want it to get lost in the random lana discussion threadΒ :azealia:

Β 5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Okay REALLY unpopular: I absolutely do not give a shit about the 738351427th version of a song we already have in 738351426 other versions. I don't need any more alterntive mixesΒ of any BTD song or Yes To Heaven or Hundred Dollar Bill.

I would like a final version of Hollywood's Dead for example but whatever...

20230718-113117.gif

Honey,Β you makeΒ me feel I'm invincible

On 1/26/2022 at 4:52 AM, daphnedinkley said:

I desperately want Lana to switch up her setlists during her shows - which I know everyone here agrees with! :PΒ - but the unpopular side of this opinion is that I still believe she should play Born To Die, Blue Jeans, Video Games and Summertime Sadness at her shows, it would honestly be crazy not to. those songs are such Lana classics so it would be a shame to lose them!!

Β 

NationalΒ Anthem can go thoΒ :bored:

I think those four are justified but I think everything else needs a refreshΒ 

I just feel like, at this point, if she started touring again with the SAME stage and the SAME dancers and the SAME setlist that would = regression because as an artist the goal is to evolve and her shows really stagnated

I ger that live performances aren't her favourite activity but I don't see any point in her doing it unless it's challenging her artistically. Or at least I think she could make it far more interesting for herself

There's just so much scopeΒ 

I guess thisΒ is the really unpopular part of my post but I hereby declare that I'd honestly rather her tour with Nikki Lane than go back to the same old shows. At least it'd bring something new

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

17 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I just feel like, at this point, if she started touring again with the SAME stage and the SAME dancers and the SAME setlist that would = regression because as an artist the goal is to evolve and her shows really stagnated

I ger that live performances aren't her favourite activity but I don't see any point in her doing it unless it's challenging her artistically. Or at least I think she could make it far more interesting for herself

I guess thisΒ is the really unpopular part of my post but I hereby declare that I'd honestly rather her tour with Nikki Lane than go back to the same old shows. At least it'd bring something new

Β 

I want her to retire her dancers in general...Β  They were cute for a minute but I think that they distract too much from her and she doesn't put as much effort into her singing when she's too busy doing choreography. I want her shows to be more like they were in 2012-2015. Just her and her voice.Β 

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

3 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

Β 

I want her to retire her dancers in general...Β  They were cute for a minute but I think that they distract too much from her and she doesn't put as much effort into her singing when she's too busy doing choreography. I want her shows to be more like they were in 2012-2015. Just her and her voice.Β 

Yes and tbh Alex and Ashley don't really fit with the singer/songwriter vibes of her past two albums

Like what are they realistically gonna dance to? DBJAG maybe but for most of the other songs it just wouldn't work imo

9 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

Β 

100% agreed! i imagine it might be hard though bc she has such a close friendship w her dancers. but yeah - i hope she really considers the atmosphere and vibe she wants to create for her new shows. a focus on vocal performance and her bandΒ would ofc be a dream

mUENGN9.png

17 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

100% agreed! i imagine it might be hard though bc she has such a close friendship w her dancers. but yeah - i hope she really considers the atmosphere and vibe she wants to create for her new shows. a focus on vocal performance and her bandΒ would ofc be a dream

I'm pretty sure they are also trained backup singers so there's always that option

18 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

She should see the tour as a way to honor and celebrate her amazing albums. Also I feel like the reason her performances were meh over the last year was because of the fact that she was not singing a live rendition but trying to sing the karaoke track of the song do you get what I mean?Β 
Β 
I choose ignore the last part

38 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Yes and tbh Alex and Ashley don't really fit with the singer/songwriter vibes of her past two albums

Like what are they realistically gonna dance to? DBJAG maybe but for most of the other songs it just wouldn't work imo

The way they randomly touch themselves during west coast, born to dieΒ and many others is cringe af

20 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Β 

I also don't like that she chooses the most basic outfits for performances as if she got them at C& A or Macy's for Americans. She really needs to spice up her wardrobe.

I know this will never happen but I imagined the best scenario for her performances. Imagine her songs being a slightly faster version live and her hiring a rock band that isn't famous but is similar to AM? That would've been perfect. If an artist is a good performer dancers aren't needed.Β 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm freeΒ 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Performance wise, she peaked in 2012/13. Not every performance was golden but the ones that were good were godly. The voice, her vocal styling, the outfits, the atmosphere, the musical arrangements, etc... were perfection. She'll never top the performances of that era

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

2 hours ago, shady said:

Β 

I also don't like that she chooses the most basic outfits for performances as if she got them at C& A or Macy's for Americans. She really needs to spice up her wardrobe.

I know this will never happen but I imagined the best scenario for her performances. Imagine her songs being a slightly faster version live and her hiring a rock band that isn't famous but is similar to AM? That would've been perfect. If an artist is a good performer dancers aren't needed.Β 

I mean I think their presence makes her feel more at ease on stage which I understand, which is why I think she could possibly still have them there, but as backup singers

Idk I see COCC and BB songs as more the types of songs that are performed with the artist sitting on a stool in a softΒ spotlight on stage or smthn.Β 

I also think smaller indoor venues > large outdoor ones for her at this stage of her career but that is obviously her decision

It'd be more intimate and I think that'dΒ really suitΒ her newer work

I actually love alex and ashley's presence and the choreos they do but they don't need to be there for every single song tho only the bussy bops ones

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

It would be odd for her to have the backing dancers on tour again, it’s not even choreo really it’s just hand gestures and swaying so I’m not sure why it affects her singing so much with the backing tracks etc.Β 
Β 

If they can sing backup, they should sing backup.Β