Unpopular Lana Opinions

44 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

serial killer is so overratedΒ 

Β 

43 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

literally and so is meet me in the pale moonlightΒ 

I mean,Β both of those are very good songs I think

Β 

Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight was her first unreleased that I got obsessed with years agoΒ 

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕀𝕖 π•žπ•ͺ 𝕖π•ͺ𝕖𝕀, 𝕒π•₯ π•Ÿπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ 𝕀 π•¨π•šπ•€π•™ π•₯𝕠 π•£π•šπ•€π•– π•—π•£π• π•ž 𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕀π•₯

6 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Β 

I mean,Β both of those are very good songs I think

Β 

Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight was her first unreleased that I got obsessed with years agoΒ 

Β 

Both of them are pop perfection tbh,Β awful takes :true:

8nl2OpX.png

17 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I can't fucking stand the spoken part in Carmen. It makes a perfect song a 9/10 instead of a 10Β :crying4:

Also why french when it's a Spanish nameΒ :wtf3:

Β 

i don't like the album version of carmen it's too overproduced :bebe:

HOWEVER the demoΒ ascend.gif

Β 5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

24 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I can't fucking stand the spoken part in Carmen. It makes a perfect song a 9/10 instead of a 10Β :crying4:

the explanation is difficult

according to Genius

The structure of the song is similar to the β€˜Wanted’ poem in Lolita by Nabokov which also has a stanza written in French.

and

As a fan of Nabokov’s important piece of literature Lolita, she is further inspired by another tale found within this literature, which references another tragic love story of Carmen by Prosper MΓ©rimΓ©e.

this is the poem 'Wanted'

https://genius.com/Vladimir-nabokov-humberts-wanted-poem-annotated

23 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Lana after adding French spoken word to a song titled after a Spanish name

kngadgf9m4m21.jpg

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

the explanation is difficult

according to Genius

and

this is the poem 'Wanted'

https://genius.com/Vladimir-nabokov-humberts-wanted-poem-annotated

Ooooh I wasn't aware of the context. I thought she put that randomly causeΒ european languages and names.Β Thank youΒ :kiss:

At least it makes sense now but it still takes me out of the song sonicallyΒ :crying5:

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, Vanilla Icy said:

im glad that lana's songs trend on tiktok so often, she deserved to have her work recognized.

Β 

why is that unpopular?

giphy.gif

Did Lana seriously pretend to be a Latina/Spanish? That's really embarrassing, and she was a grown woman in her mid 20s when/if she did that. Reminds me of 'Hilaria' Baldwin.Β 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm freeΒ 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

4 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

Β 

Google:Β In what language is Bizet's Carmen sung in?

33 minutes ago, shady said:

Did Lana seriously pretend to be a Latina/Spanish? That's really embarrassing, and she was a grown woman in her mid 20s when/if she did that. Reminds me of 'Hilaria' Baldwin.Β 

I don't know if she actually pretended to be Latina but she has been messy a few times.Β Tropico isΒ filled with things associated with Latino gangster culture such as the fashion and the tear drop tattoo and of course the extras on the porch sceneΒ are Chicana women and the shots of the Latino gang snorting drugs. That being paired with the fact Lana likes to spice up her lyrics occasionally with Spanish and the argument that the stage name Lana "Del Rey" could be appropriation in itself of Cuban culture amongΒ other thingsΒ I think a lot of it was fair criticism that Lana stans began joking about and then eventually it got so widespread in the community that new fans, or just people who came across the jokes, started taking it as fact.Β :toofunny:

Don’t make me get dark on you, baby

Β 

I’ll go dark… 
ΛšΚšβ™‘ΙžΛš

Carmen is French because it’s referencing the french opera about a spanish whore. Honestly people are less and less cultured on here every year. Time to nationalize prep school I fear if this is what passes for public education no offence. Also Carmen is a 100/10

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg