Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Text Book is one of her best ,if not her best produced song in years in my opinion :true: it's a career highlight & highly underrated :true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

On 4/2/2022 at 4:26 PM, Venice Peach said:

I can't fucking stand the spoken part in Carmen. It makes a perfect song a 9/10 instead of a 10 :crying4:

Also why french when it's a Spanish name :wtf3:

Maybe cause Humber Humber is French :agree: (i don't remember if he was actually french or if he was just obsessed with making french literary references) 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

3 hours ago, baddisease said:

Cherry is better clean tbh. I hate the random "fucks"

The random 'fucks' was the only reason I didn't like that song in 2017. It was the only thing I remembered after the first listening. Years later I started loving the song. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Speaking of LFL, as much as I love that album, I feel like the 'vintage' effect on her voice was so overdone. First that came into my mind are In My Feelings, Coachella and Freak (I know it's from HM) . It's kinda off. It's kinda her signature sound but in some songs it sounds like a bad quality mp3 song from 2007. She did it so subtle in UV and the instruments matched perfectly,probably because it was the microphone itself that made that sound. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

24 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

even if LFL is not your favorite, it always has some interesting songs to listen to :mj2:

Agreed! I loved LFL and its messiness because well, it was a messy time of my life as well. Plus it was a mid-summer album and I like more diverse music when the air is hot. Granted, some of the last additions are really not that polished or as good as many other tracks, but they are good “easy-to-listen” songs to vibe to. After HM, she needed a change of pace (love HM, but a second ethereal album like the LFL demo would have been a lot to process for the GP lol)

2 minutes ago, Sunset Opal said:

I don’t like Yosemite :biblio:

Don’t worry, hun: Eclipse also :lmao:

49 minutes ago, Sunset Opal said:

Unfortunately I think it came at the wrong time for me. If it was on LFL it would have been my favourite song on the album bc that would have been perfect timing :ohno:

15 hours ago, shady said:

Speaking of LFL, as much as I love that album, I feel like the 'vintage' effect on her voice was so overdone. First that came into my mind are In My Feelings, Coachella and Freak (I know it's from HM) . It's kinda off. It's kinda her signature sound but in some songs it sounds like a bad quality mp3 song from 2007. She did it so subtle in UV and the instruments matched perfectly,probably because it was the microphone itself that made that sound. 

I've never noticed any particular vintage effect in the Freak vocals. Maybe it's there but it fits with the song better? totally agree with the LFL songs tho. 

The vintage effect could have worked amazing if she went for that dark witchy sound. 

59 minutes ago, Sunset Opal said:

7 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Unfortunately I think it came at the wrong time for me. If it was on LFL it would have been my favourite song on the album bc that would have been perfect timing :ohno:

I love Yosemite but it shouldn't have been seperated from Architecture / TNBAR. Lana called them sister tracks and they really are. The vibe is so similar. I adore both.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

Just now, BlueINK said:

I love Yosemite but it shouldn't have been seperated from Architecture / TNBAR. Lana called them sister tracks and they really are. The vibe is so similar. I adore both.

Thats true. The guitar is the same -  i saw rick nowels talk about it in a YouTube comment. They belong together :(

17 hours ago, Dominikx4 said:

LFL aged like fine wine and does NOT deserve all the slander. apart from Coachella and IMF, the album as a whole is excellent and produced a bunch of career highlights

i wouldn't say it aged like WINE but it's definitely not a horrible album :true:

most of the demos are better though

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Lust for Life has never been as bad as it's made out to be. Like, don't even tell me an album with that final three track run + 13 Beaches, Groupie Love, and Cherry (also TNC imo but that's debatable i guess) is bad :headache:

imageproxy.jpg

Yeah, if Lust for Life didn't have those three or four cringe songs in the middle of the album (IMF, Coachella, WTWWAW and GBA (to a lesser extent, I would have still kept this one), and included Roses Bloom For You, Yosemite + Best American Record, it would be one of her best

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

13 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Lust for Life has never been as bad as it's made out to be. Like, don't even tell me an album with that final three track run + 13 Beaches, Groupie Love, and Cherry (also TNC imo but that's debatable i guess) is bad :headache:

i've never really liked groupie love i've always liked summer bummer more :bebe:

(although so good trumps both of them :true:)

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i've never really liked groupie love i've always liked summer bummer more :bebe:

(although so good trumps both of them :true:)

I can't explain it, I just feel like I'm on a cloud when I listen to that song :cumming: However, Summer Bummer is also a good song and people who hate it just hate fun :true: Also, So Good is that girl for sure

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, Super Movie said:

I can't explain it, I just feel like I'm on a cloud when I listen to that song :cumming: However, Summer Bummer is also a good song and people who hate it just hate fun :true: Also, So Good is that girl for sure

i think what @bluechemtrails about LFL is absolutely correct though

it's not her best album but there is definitely something for everyone :true:

10 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i think what @bluechemtrails about LFL is absolutely correct though

it's not her best album but there is definitely something for everyone :true:

i don’t know what id do without it. it will always be in the bottom of my rankings but there is a song for everything on that album. like imagine not having those bops