Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

35 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

Coachella is good 

I do wish there was a demo that was similar to the Stairway To Heaven remix someone made with piano etc

When the instrumentals of LFL leaked, I was really surprised to love Coachella’s so much. There are a lot of interesting layers on that one. It’s the second verse that I find just very meh, in terms of lyrics. The rest of the song is good. 

On 4/14/2022 at 12:06 AM, littlestarfever said:

dans work on this album reminded me a lot of turn blue album which was not my favorite however the sound worked better for this album/lizzies album. 

Some of the Turn Blue songs, especially Weight of Love go REALLY well with Ultraviolence 

45 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

Coachella is good 

I do wish there was a demo that was similar to the Stairway To Heaven remix someone made with piano etc

9 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

When the instrumentals of LFL leaked, I was really surprised to love Coachella’s so much. There are a lot of interesting layers on that one. It’s the second verse that I find just very meh, in terms of lyrics. The rest of the song is good. 

I think it's really the instrumental with the vocals that are out of place. Because I love the instrumental too, but this fanmade mashup actually sounds amazing and made me realise there is nothing wrong with the vocals either. It just needed the right vibe. 

See I didn't mind the production for Coachella until I heard the crowd cheering sound stock sample all throughout the song :creep: 

Actually Coachella used to be one of my favs when LFL first dropped, I have a ridiculous amount of streams for the song in particular :rip: But now yea I don't like it at all, vibe is off and the lyrics aren't that great, and the fact that one of the main influences of the song is Coachella :flop: I still do love the chorus of the song though, but comparing Coachella as the modern version of Woodstock wasn't really the genius that she thought it was

FvV8jsb.gif

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

I love This Is What Makes Us Girls :slay:

34h2wyS.gif

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

53 minutes ago, boom like that said:

See I didn't mind the production for Coachella until I heard the crowd cheering sound stock sample all throughout the song :creep: 

Actually Coachella used to be one of my favs when LFL first dropped, I have a ridiculous amount of streams for the song in particular :rip: But now yea I don't like it at all, vibe is off and the lyrics aren't that great, and the fact that one of the main influences of the song is Coachella :flop: I still do love the chorus of the song though, but comparing Coachella as the modern version of Woodstock wasn't really the genius that she thinks it was

FvV8jsb.gif

I had a huge moment with that song upon release too. It was my "see Lana IS woke and she's a hippie at heart jUsT LikE mE" moment :eek: 

The song would have stayed genius if she kept it a short, think-piece track like the original video she posted.

29 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Me too. I remember discovering the demos too and I was like :shock:

Sometimes i can't choose my favourite. I'm so glad all of the versions exist.

Its so good 8yaDUJh.gif I don't really understand the dislike for it when its mentioned. The production of the song is so immaculate and you could tell she felt like she needed to write it. I also think its a great way to end her debut :oprah3:

27 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

I had a huge moment with that song upon release too. It was my "see Lana IS woke and she's a hippie at heart jUsT LikE mE" moment :eek: 

The song would have stayed genius if she kept it a short, think-piece track like the original video she posted.

I thought it was a really nice song, that it was lovely at the time, and I still do think that she wrote it from a very genuine place. But I also think Genuine feelings ≠ masterpiece :godlaugh2: Like you can tell she put her heart and feelings into the song but it still doesn't mean that its actually well written :rip:

I think like you said if she made it shorter, maybe reworked the verses, take out the cringy parts of the song, and kept the chorus it could've been something truly special (also give it better production especially in the verses). I think she caught a spark but tended to it wrong.

34h2wyS.gif

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

On 4/16/2022 at 1:24 PM, Ultra Violet said:

The problem is that cheap instrumental with these deep thoughts together. Acoustic guitar (and a crackling camp fire) is all this song needs.

She did better with Looking for America.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

I think like you for Coachella. I liked the hippie side, free and authentic. The video when she sang this song in acapella was wonderful, it felt sincere. And then once on LFL I never really liked the song because the arrangements weren't great... It was bland, transparent and it suffered from bad lyricism, a bit like Arcadia. And this title "Coachella - Woodstock in my mind" is really corny, too long. As much as she can have genius when she does it in simplicity, as much as it was missed. But we salute the effort. :noparty:

5 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

Coachella is good 

well wait until you hear that apparently a piano demo of coachella was scrobbled… :oopna2:

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

Coachella has potential imo. I think if it had production like TNC, it'd be way higher on my LFL ranking because I get what she was going for lyrically, it just could've been executed better. 

imageproxy.jpg

i think we should leak this version of coachella

On 3/17/2022 at 11:05 PM, Pretty On The Indide said:

I was in Ukraaainnneee

doin' cocaaainnne

laughing at mr louis ck

I wasn't really in it but tried

to glisten all the vodka i had that night

then the next morning

zelensky made me horny

tensions were rising over country lines

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

On 4/16/2022 at 5:10 PM, Florida Dark said:

i love beautiful and violets for roses i see on here many people dont like those songs but i think theyre really pretty and sweet and a little bit somber and i cant stop listening to them :hair:

beautiful's only problem is her SHOVING the word picasso out of her mouth cuz it didnt fit the melody :biblio:

beautiful -> violets for roses -> dealer -> thunder are the best parts of BB