Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

57 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Nobody's pretending to like anything. People just have different tastes

Oh I think people pretend to like a lot of things but I mean if it’s your taste that’s making you enjoy a potato quality song about pedophilia then go off I suppose

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, OverYourHead said:

Oh I think people pretend to like a lot of things but I mean if it’s your taste that’s making you enjoy a potato quality song about pedophilia then go off I suppose

I will, thanks :) 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

5 hours ago, OverYourHead said:

So many people pretend to like her unreleased stuff to seem edgy when the vast, VAST majority of those songs are god awful, even some (most) of the more “popular” ones are literal shite:smokeney:

yeah, can't possibly be that people like things that you don't. it has to be for edginess.

giphy.gif

53 minutes ago, OverYourHead said:

Oh I think people pretend to like a lot of things but I mean if it’s your taste that’s making you enjoy a potato quality song about pedophilia then go off I suppose

why are you so… brash about what other people enjoy? :awk: a lot of her unreleased songs are decent quality for the fact they were recorded pre-fame & never got “finished” for an album, & some people can still enjoy songs which are “low quality” or “rough” because it’s ultimately about the songwriting, structure, & general vibe, it’s fine if you personally don’t care for those old demos, but trust me, we aren’t saying we like them just to be “edgy” :awk:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

24 minutes ago, OverYourHead said:

yeah I think so, it’s almost like we’re in a thread based on opinions :umadney:

this isn't directed at u alone when i say it's totally normal to dislike/not vibe w something but it's a bit mean-spirited to in essence be like ur a fake phony psycho if u say u like that thing. like i promise u, someone out there hates whatever u love most in the world, and it doesn't make ur love any less real lol <3 :dmd:

mUENGN9.png

6 hours ago, OverYourHead said:

So many people pretend to like her unreleased stuff to seem edgy when the vast, VAST majority of those songs are god awful, even some (most) of the more “popular” ones are literal shite:smokeney:

This is such a bad take :eek: Lana has so many gems in her unreleased music, and even some of the poorer quality ones are still fascinating to hear because they are such unique little glimpses into her creativity. People aren't pretending to like them to be cool. Maybe some people just like to hate on things and put other people's opinions down to seem "edgy" :what:

42 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

this isn't directed at u alone when i say it's totally normal to dislike/not vibe w something but it's a bit mean-spirited to in essence be like ur a fake phony psycho if u say u like that thing. like i promise u, someone out there hates whatever u love most in the world, and it doesn't make ur love any less real lol <3 :dmd:

I’m sure there is and like everyone replying to me I too wouldn’t give a crap about that opinion but this is literally a thread about unpopular opinions and everyone’s got so pressed about mine:omfg2:

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, OverYourHead said:

I’m sure there is and like everyone replying to me I too wouldn’t give a crap about that opinion but this is literally a thread about unpopular opinions and everyone’s got so pressed about mine:omfg2:

i know exactly what this thread is and if u had just said her unreleased was shit that's a fair unpopular opinion to have but u sort of invite a response when u say:

7 hours ago, OverYourHead said:

So many people pretend to like her unreleased stuff to seem edgy 

like ^ this isn't an unpopular opinion on lana's music? ur just subtly using this thread to shit on other users here? and i don't think ur alone in that

mUENGN9.png

21 minutes ago, OverYourHead said:

i mean, you’re shitting on people who like something you don’t by saying they’re edgy & pretending, so i don’t get why you’re surprised we responded & didn’t like what you said, we’re allowed to have your opinions on your opinion lol :smokeney: don’t even know why you’re so bothered about people liking old demos & unreleased tracks in the first place

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

57 minutes ago, OverYourHead said:

Is it really an opinion if your statement is determining whether something (if people truly enjoy her music) is factually accurate or not?

Sure, you feeling that the majority of Lana’s unreleased discography is mostly bad is an opinion, but stating that others only pretend to like it isn’t. You can dislike her unreleased music freely, but acting like other people can’t enjoy it is a bit nonsensical.

Music taste/quality is subjective. What’s garbage to you may be raw and honest expression to others, and what’s excellent to you may be pretentious, overly polished fluff to another.

Also, keep in mind that you can assert an opinion without reducing people’s enjoyment of art and without generalizing Lana’s unreleased discography as being pedophilic and “potato-quality.”

edit: Just to be clear, I’m sure the phenomenon you described can occur (and probably does to some extent), but the rest of your following posts were a bit unwarranted

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Paradise is underrated..  it's one of her best summer songs :true:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I love this thread because we’ll get something like this 

On 6/14/2022 at 11:58 PM, OverYourHead said:

and then something like this :hide:

On 6/15/2022 at 7:41 AM, Wait For Life said:

Let me love you like a woman is the best song Lana has ever recorded :lel:

sgopYhV.gif

From The End is kinda a bop and specifically For You. is that lana's gay anthem? "his man her man" and "be proud, come out" :party: yes maam, mama :true:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Coachella, White Mustang, Summer Bummer and Groupie Love are some of my favorite tracks from Lust for Life, and they hit different every summer. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.