Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

i’m gonna be super unpopular now and maybe i’m gonna get backlash for this but…the whole fame treated me badly was the original marketing plan made for lana just to make the buzz and get famous, and now she has to deal with the consequences of this choice . this whole karmic lineage talk lately is her own catharsis of the decision she made from the start. not gonna comment on whether or not that may affected her mind/energy/psychology but the whole marketing plan her team made was a risky but super super clever idea and it worked well enough for promoting an artist. if you get what i mean, then your insight is on a good level. 

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

On 7/22/2022 at 3:01 AM, Thunder Revenant said:

I'm tired of the "fame treated me so badly" narrative.

I'm tired of her mentioning it, although I appreciated how it was addressed in Brooklyn Baby or even Money Power Glory. But I'm genuinely tired of critics & music writers, even when they're giving her praise, still hinting at the bogus concept that she is or might be a "product" or industry plant.

Lust for Life is an incredible album. The production is layered, rich, and dynamic with so many little idiosyncrasies to discover upon listening to the instrumentals. Lana’s vocals are just so dreamy and languorous, I really think her vocals were at a peak when recording Honeymoon and Lust for Life back-to-back.

It puts me in a great mood and is so summery and spacey. Not to mention, the era was so fun to experience in real time and the visuals were everything! 🪐🕊💫🍒

I like the album version of Thunder more than the demo (love its intro tho!) :twirls:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

On 7/22/2022 at 3:01 AM, Thunder Revenant said:

I'm tired of the "fame treated me so badly" narrative.

fame has kinda treated her badly though. she gets stalkers and people stealing her cars and breaking into her homes and hacking into her shit.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, baddisease said:

fame has kinda treated her badly though. she gets stalkers and people stealing her cars and breaking into her homes and hacking into her shit.

i don’t think people realize how traumatic being famous can be, just because she’s rich doesn’t mean she isn’t allowed to feel upset about all of the hate & ridicule she’s received ever since she’s become famous, her lack of privacy, & people stalking her

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

Lana is a great example of someone who shouldn’t have become famous. Not in a “she doesn’t deserve it”, but in a “Hollywood eats people like her alive” kinda way. 

I will say tho she, like many rich artists, needs to learn how to tread the line of vocalizing struggles vs just straight pity dumping on fans. 

she’ll never escape the “industry plant” trope either. It is what it is and you can argue literally any singer is one. 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

a lot of lana's best songs are acoustic ballads, just her voice and a guitar. i feel like her ''cinematic'' and overproduced era will come to an end as she grows older & she'll delve back into her roots / earlier music ( eg. sirens album.)

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ i’m the sweetest girl in town, so, why are you so mean?  ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

3 hours ago, Pinup Princess said:

a lot of lana's best songs are acoustic ballads, just her voice and a guitar. i feel like her ''cinematic'' and overproduced era will come to an end as she grows older & she'll delve back into her roots / earlier music ( eg. sirens album.)

that would be wonderful. i want a rerecording of Fordham Road tbh.

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, Pinup Princess said:

Didn't she leave her "overproduced" era already, kind of a long time ago, though? COCC, BB and not really NFR are neither cinematic or overproduced. But yup, you're most likely right. My wish is not even more stripped down music only (though, yeah some of her very best tracks are the stripped down ones, indeed) but it is the most realistic thing to happen.

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

18 hours ago, Pinup Princess said:

Guitar is the key word here. Her guitar songs are so much better than the piano songs.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

I still find Lana's stripped back music to be very cinematic. Cinematic doesn't have to mean grand production, even her simplest songs have a cinematic quality to them because of the style of her storytelling and performance. She always pulls me into a world in a way that most artists don't.

I look at Art Deco as one of the best examples of what an artist like Lana is capable of. I'm a lil biased bc I love that song in general, but I feel like it really just encapsulate the spirit of Lana's music, or at least the kind of music that put her on the map - that mix of modern and vintage, you know? The way the spacey synths give it this ethereal and otherworldly vibe combined with the jazzy saxophone that comes in, it's just beautiful, one of the most unique sounding songs I've ever heard.

Wq9zHLl.jpg

if she released an album which was entirely acoustic guitar with some really great, thought-provoking lyricism, like sirens, i think that would be excellent, i love acoustic guitar & some of my favorite lana songs are her acoustic guitar songs

even of her more recent songs which are mostly acoustic guitar are lovely, such as nawwal & yosemite

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

if she released an album which was entirely acoustic guitar with some really great, thought-provoking lyricism, like sirens, i think that would be excellent, i love acoustic guitar & some of my favorite lana songs are her acoustic guitar songs

even of her more recent songs which are mostly acoustic guitar are lovely, such as nawwal & yosemite

We’ll then have Try Tonight officially released!!!

:oprah4:

IMG-3521.jpg

15 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

on a similar note, More Mountains and There Is Nothing To Be Sorry About are two songs that literally break my heart every time, they're so underrated :crai:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Fully in agreement about Lana with nothing but acoustic guitar. It fits her voice really well and she's been able to manage making it interesting to listen to since 2006 and all the way into 2021. Maybe I'm just biased because Yosemite is one of my favorite Lana songs ever, but I really would love more songs like it

imageproxy.jpg