Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

6 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i really enjoy bb as an album .. at least for the most part!! however reading people shit on it on lb all the time makes me scared to listen to it:trisha:

don’t feel bad about enjoying it! a lot of people here like it, & i say that as somebody who isn’t the biggest fan of it! 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

2 hours ago, Lustformoney said:

Nfr is like nails on a chalkboard

You spelt White Dress wrong 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

13 hours ago, honeybadger said:

i really enjoy bb as an album .. at least for the most part!! however reading people shit on it on lb all the time makes me scared to listen to it:trisha:

If it makes you feel any better, my unpopular opinion is that it might be my favorite Lana album next to Honeymoon..

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

21 hours ago, honeybadger said:

tbh im a bb stan and idc what anyone says wildflower wildfire, text book, nectar of the gods, and dealer are all so good. also it’s like the perfect album for fall imo:smokes4:  

19 hours ago, Map of LA said:

If it makes you feel any better, my unpopular opinion is that it might be my favorite Lana album next to Honeymoon..

This. :creepna2: And also violet are probably my top favs :omfg:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

I'm disappointed to see Jack still working with her. In fact with hindsight, I realize that he's not a bad producer (I can't believe he produced Florence's last album which is a perfection and so many others), but in fact he dares not say no to everything Lana wants. The former collaborator(s) clearly told her the best musical direction to take, Jack is too close to upset her and it gives people weakness because she thinks she has very good ideas. There is food and drink, but since NFR! it's a bit of a descent. And the piano videos don't enchant me too much... :noparty:

9 minutes ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

I'm disappointed to see Jack still working with her. In fact with hindsight, I realize that he's not a bad producer (I can't believe he produced Florence's last album which is a perfection and so many others), but in fact he dares not say no to everything Lana wants. The former collaborator(s) clearly told her the best musical direction to take, Jack is too close to upset her and it gives people weakness because she thinks she has very good ideas. There is food and drink, but since NFR! it's a bit of a descent. And the piano videos don't enchant me too much... :noparty:

NFR has been nominated for Grammy and won other awards, so her ideas don't seem so bad ...

31 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

NFR has been nominated for Grammy and won other awards, so her ideas don't seem so bad ...

It is true that NFR! didn't deserve all the hype in my opinion but I'm glad it happened, even if his first albums would have deserved this direct recognition. Her ideas aren't bad but I mean her latest projects are weak because she probably thinks her ideas can outperform some producers, she still needs some help. She's not bad at all.

I will never forgive her for stripping away that beautiful and sublime melody of the California demo, and turning the song into the most boring and uneventful track of NFR.

GAZING AT HORIZONS AND NEVER QUITE REACHING IT!!!!!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

On 9/7/2022 at 12:00 AM, bluechemtrails said:

On 9/7/2022 at 12:19 AM, bluechemtrails said:

We should allow Lana to make really good music and win awards instead of just fulfilling our selfish desires. :crossed:

But a Grammy nomination says nothing about how good an album is. Her first three LDR albums would have 10 Grammys each if that award was handed out for really good music.

And "we should let her win awards with music we don't like instead of not wanting awards but music we like" is a stance some fans just don't agree with I guess. 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

11 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

But a Grammy nomination says nothing about how good an album is. Her first three LDR albums would have 10 Grammys each if that award was handed out for really good music.

I mean, what you consider good is completely subjective. There’s nothing about her first three records that make them superior from any objective sense, and I think Lana’s favorite record of hers being NFR illustrates that well. 

I do agree that winning awards shouldn’t be the focus, but at the end of the day, it’s her art, and she’ll craft it however she thinks makes it great (if that makes any sense)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Just now, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I mean, what you consider good is completely subjective. There’s nothing about her first three records that make them superior from any objective sense, and I think Lana’s favorite record of hers being NFR illustrates that well. 

I do agree that winning awards shouldn’t be the focus, but at the end of the day, it’s her art, and she’ll craft it however she thinks makes it great (if that makes any sense)

It does, I also agree. I see where everybody's coming from but I'm just saying, these awards say nothing at all.

I personally think the production makes certain albums of hers better than others but that's different topic, let's not start with that... :eek:

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible