Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Absolutely no unreleased and previously leaked songs should ever be put on future albums UNLESS they’re from the sirens era. I’d love to hear those songs reworked with LDR production levels

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

3 hours ago, BlueINK said:

But a Grammy nomination says nothing about how good an album is. Her first three LDR albums would have 10 Grammys each if that award was handed out for really good music.

And "we should let her win awards with music we don't like instead of not wanting awards but music we like" is a stance some fans just don't agree with I guess. 

If she wants to win a Grammy and can only do it with music that most of her fans don't like, then let her do it. I mean, she doesn't have to make such "bad" music to win and the fans can also learn to accept unfamiliar other styles that may not be so popular.

57 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

If she wants to win a Grammy and can only do it with music that most of her fans don't like, then let her do it. I mean, she doesn't have to make such "bad" music to win and the fans can also learn to accept unfamiliar other styles that may not be so popular.

Idk a Grammy doesn't seem like Lana's ultimate goal.

But in any case you don't seem to understand what I mean, it's not that important anyway.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

How I wish the Bad Bunny collaboration would have happened  :bliss:. Lana's voice would suit the lower register and the dark instrumentals of the old reggaeton songs very well. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks and mourns over this collab but I will never get over it like she would KILL it if she did bridges or hooks for reggaeton music and I've always thought so 👏👏

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

i would never write it here but after some time im still finding out like a half of people actually dont like Cola and that truly shocked me, so, after all, i guess its pretty unpopular, but im 100% convinced that Cola is her top 4 from the whole discography, its just as simple as that, the lyrics the production????? the voice the whole thing is just a pure piece of art.... 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

22 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

i would never write it here but after some time im still finding out like a half of people actually dont like Cola and that truly shocked me, so, after all, i guess its pretty unpopular, but im 100% convinced that Cola is her top 4 from the whole discography, its just as simple as that, the lyrics the production????? the voice the whole thing is just a pure piece of art.... 

It’s one of my Top 10 LDR songs. To me, it’s the archetypal or prototypical LDR song. 

no way is she changing her sound with the goal of winning awards! she's at a very different stage in life from when she made her earlier albums. BB took longer than the other albums to click for me (except HM, which im still waiting on lol), but it's so personal and poetic. and the increasingly stripped down instrumentals force her to be at her most creative in terms of how she uses her voice. the greater critical praise is just incidental to these qualities. 

but ofc id love one more album with UV vibes, who wouldnt lol. praying jack donaghue gets her re-channeling her witchy energy. 

On 9/11/2022 at 6:11 PM, BlueINK said:

But a Grammy nomination says nothing about how good an album is. Her first three LDR albums would have 10 Grammys each if that award was handed out for really good music.

And "we should let her win awards with music we don't like instead of not wanting awards but music we like" is a stance some fans just don't agree with I guess. 

It means genuinely nothing especially when it can be bought. The only people who are guaranteed a grammy are the new ones who explode that year on the charts. It's a popularity contest and rarely about the quality. We barely hear about the music that won a grammy a couple of years later. I can't believe this year will end soon and I can't name five good albums that were released this year. 

I don't understand what kind of music will Lana have to make if she wants a grammy since nothing have worked.

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

13 minutes ago, shady said:

I don't understand what kind of music will Lana have to make if she wants a grammy since nothing have worked.

exactly, if honeymoon and ultraviolence didn't make the cut I have no idea what will at this point :rip: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

15 minutes ago, shady said:

It means genuinely nothing especially when it can be bought. The only people who are guaranteed a grammy are the new ones who explode that year on the charts. It's a popularity contest and rarely about the quality. We barely hear about the music that won a grammy a couple of years later. I can't believe this year will end soon and I can't name five good albums that were released this year. 

Dance Fever

Crash

Chloe and the next 20th century 

Dawn FM

Laurel Hell

But the Grammys aren’t worth it…

IMG-3521.jpg

4 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

exactly, if honeymoon and ultraviolence didn't make the cut I have no idea what will at this point :rip: 

Maybe this time would be different since her fans base is absolutely huge on Tiktok. Her old songs are constantly going viral and memes are being made with Lana being the mascot. I'm sorry but is there a fan base besides Lana's that does this shit https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNos9L6o/ I found that so funny for no reason. 

I feel like if she released an album that resembles UV, BTD or HM the stans will hype the shit out of that album and will definitely be Grammy material. They also need to submit it in the alternative category, not among the pop girlies. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif