Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

5 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Coachella is not a bad song, sure it’s overly preachy at times but it still has some interesting phrases and I like the flute.

I listened to it on my vacation and it was good. I really don't like the production cause it's too dim for that retro effect. The dim vocals were way overdone on that album as if someone was recording a voice message while accidentally covering the microphone. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

6 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Coachella is not a bad song, sure it’s overly preachy at times but it still has some interesting phrases and I like the flute.

tbh I love the concept of the song and the coachella / woodstock parallels I just think if it was shorter it would be better and more appreciated

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

10 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

Someone has to say it, Lana with her big car and several flights in a year is probably one of the worst climate sinners. :pls:

not at all? taylor swift was taking planes nearly everyday, it seems like lana stays in los angeles for the most part and i'm sure she isn't taking a plane for a 10-minute flight like the kardashians do, it's not to say that she's not making any sort of negative impact by taking any amount of flights, but she's certainly not as bad as some other celebrities

WGe8ynS.gif

27 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

not at all? taylor swift was taking planes nearly everyday, it seems like lana stays in los angeles for the most part and i'm sure she isn't taking a plane for a 10-minute flight like the kardashians do, it's not to say that she's not making any sort of negative impact by taking any amount of flights, but she's certainly not as bad as some other celebrities

But does it really need this monstrosity of car? Would be pretty cool if she rode around in a little electric car or with a bike.

Just now, bluechemtrails said:

But does it really need this monstrosity of car? Would be pretty cool if she rode around in a little electric car or with a bike.

possibly, but i can't imagine she'd feel very safe riding a bike honestly :bebe: maybe since it's just a big, gray truck, maybe it's easier to hide away from paparazzi somehow 

WGe8ynS.gif

40 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

well there's not that many spaces to charge an electric car and seeing a celebrity out on a bike would be a paparazzi (and stalker) nightmare

so yeah it's probably best that she rides in a big gray truck it's not like she's flying to the store in a private jet or anything

there's regular people that have a bigger carbon footprint than lana and her truck

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

14 minutes ago, the ocean said:

well there's not that many spaces to charge an electric car and seeing a celebrity out on a bike would be a paparazzi (and stalker) nightmare

so yeah it's probably best that she rides in a big gray truck it's not like she's flying to the store in a private jet or anything

there's regular people that have a bigger carbon footprint than lana and her truck

But she's also an important role model. If Americans also had a little more environmental awareness, we might still be able to save this planet.

2 hours ago, the ocean said:

Really? I thought Americans were innovators of the electric car supposedly, why wouldn’t LA have them? 

I know the UK is gearing towards them quickly.

Can some of you shut the fuck up? If you were an international celebrity and a millionaire I bet you wouldn't be thinking about being so environmentally friendly by giving up on your nice car and riding a bike. I had no idea about Lana's car and who cares about her car. If you're going to criticize celebs than go after Taylor and The Kardashians and others who basically live on a private jet. Lana nor our regular habits aren't responsible for the state of the world but rather the asseholes on top are responsible. They shove us down our throats how we need to sacrifice comfort while they don't need to change anything about their lives, and people fall for it. Not saying that we should ignore everything and throw plastic in the river but rather not go against each other for not being environmentally friendly enough. 

3 minutes ago, shady said:

Can some of you shut the fuck up? If you were an international celebrity and a millionaire I bet you wouldn't be thinking about being so environmentally friendly by giving up on your nice car and riding a bike. I had no idea about Lana's car and who cares about her car. If you're going to criticize celebs than go after Taylor and The Kardashians and others who basically live on a private jet. Lana nor our regular habits aren't responsible for the state of the world but rather the asseholes on top are responsible. They shove us down our throats how we need to sacrifice comfort while they don't need to change anything about their lives, and people fall for it. Not saying that we should ignore everything and throw plastic in the river but rather not go against each other for not being environmentally friendly enough. 

it's really sad how society/the media has pushed this idea that the average person is responsible for the state of the climate crisis when majority of it is large corporations and capitalism, obivously, it would be nice if everybody did their part by being more environmentally conscious, but we can't possibly do everything, some people don't have the resources to, either, sometimes i feel guilty when i have a product which contains plastic, but i can't help that my food comes with plastic, i can't help that certain products were designed in a way that they can't really be recycled, we should just be glad that lana isn't taking 2 flights a day and isn't shilling out NFTs (which take up a LOT of electricity)

WGe8ynS.gif

42 minutes ago, shady said:

I think it's too easy to always blame others. Everyone has to do something themselves, adjust their lifestyle or consumption patterns, so that something changes. I understand that poorer people have other worries than environmental problems, but people like Lana can choose their lifestyle and do better. She recognized the problems and dealt with them in "the greatest", the wildfires in California were just one symptom of climate change, but then continuing to drive around in a SUV doesn't solve the cause.

6 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I think it's too easy to always blame others. Everyone has to do something themselves, adjust their lifestyle or consumption patterns, so that something changes. I understand that poorer people have other worries than environmental problems, but people like Lana can choose their lifestyle and do better. She recognized the problems and dealt with them in "the greatest", the wildfires in California were just one symptom of climate change, but then continuing to drive around in a SUV doesn't solve the cause.

but the point is not to blame everyday people (even if it's a celebrity who's driving a truck) it's the large corporations, as well as capitalism at large, which we should be most concerned about, also, like i said before, it's not like she's taking flights every single day like taylor swift or making 10-minute flights like kim kardashian, she's simply driving a truck, lots of other people drive trucks, i find it really unnecessary to nitpick like this, especially when people nitpick about lana all of the time

and honestly, even if lana chooses to drive a more environmentally concious vehicle, or even more people, it still won't do that much environmentally

WGe8ynS.gif

Lana is definitely not a big problem to the environment lol, she clearly lives a very lowkey lifestyle and I doubt her carbon footprint is really higher than the average person. She's a great role model in so many ways so this conversation is a bit ridiculous imo, let's quit blaming people for things that don't really warrant any criticism. She's a human after all, if the worst thing she's doing to the world is driving a truck I'd say she's doing much better than a lot of the world.

Lana and other celebrities are not a hazard to the environment nor are they truly contributing to climate change/destruction. the United States military is one of the largest polluters on Earth. look it up. that’s why i have to laugh at people getting angry with celebrities and calling them out. Taylor and Kylie are not a REAL problem.

Not only that Lana's truck isn't the problem, USA has a problem with cars being the main source of transportation from city planing, low density, huge cars, to mentality that was propagated for decades (16yos MUST own a car and a license otherwise they're losers) and many more. So, y'all Americas need to change something about that. Still, if USA was like Scandinavia, expecting a celeb to ride a bike is ridiculous. Whenever I see EU politicans show off how they go to work on a bike or by foot I kinda cringe. I would the the first one to drive around in my beautiful cabriolet if I was in Lana's tax bracket. 

15 hours ago, shady said:

Not only that Lana's truck isn't the problem, USA has a problem with cars being the main source of transportation from city planing, low density, huge cars, to mentality that was propagated for decades (16yos MUST own a car and a license otherwise they're losers) and many more. So, y'all Americas need to change something about that. Still, if USA was like Scandinavia, expecting a celeb to ride a bike is ridiculous. Whenever I see EU politicans show off how they go to work on a bike or by foot I kinda cringe. I would the the first one to drive around in my beautiful cabriolet if I was in Lana's tax bracket. 

i feel like we should normalize not driving/not having your license/not wanting to drive, i'm an adult but i don't know how to drive yet, but it's not my top priority, i can get by easily without driving my own car, and honestly, driving sounds kinda scary :bebe: i'd be so worried that i would get into an accident

WGe8ynS.gif

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

i feel like we should normalize not driving/not have your license/not wanting to drive, i'm an adult but i don't know how to drive yet, but it's not my top priority, i can get by easily without driving my own car, and honestly, driving sounds kinda scary :bebe: i'd be so worried that i would get into an accident

we should definitely normalize that. i fucking despise traffic. i used to sit in rush hour wanting to kms lol.